Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Robl
Citi. Need 3k spend but no AF first year and easy match to 75k miles. If you can't make 3k spend in 3 months then go with Barclay.
What is an easy match to 75k?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:32 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Green_eyes
What is an easy match to 75k?
See this thread for information about asking Citi to award extra miles after approval for a new Citi AAdvantage card.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi...-business.html

The process is fairly specific. Look for a post with suggested wording.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gt_croz
DP: Had the card before and had cancelled 9 months prior. Application went pending but quickly transitioned to rejected on the application status. Reconsideration line said that the decision was made without a credit inquiry and that I've had this card the "maximum number of allowed times"
I got this exact same response as well. Now I seriously regret closing my last Aviator card (I had 2 total), and being past 10 days I cannot reopen it. Not sure if "maximum number of allowed times" includes a finite timeframe or is indefinite. With Citi eliminating the 10% refund on award redemptions, Aviator Red is the keeper card. And now looks like I'm locked out for life. Seriously annoying and disgusting on Barclays part.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:41 am
mia

Originally Posted by cce5858
....With Citi eliminating the 10% refund on award redemptions, .....
Citi has not eliminated this benefit. It is administered by AA, not by the card issuers, and it still applies to cards issued by both banks.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: Free agent
DP - Applied and insta-approved with 60K bonus on first purchase and AF paid. First purchase made. Very low limit ($2,500) compared to my other Barclays card (B6 standard card, $6,000 limit) but it has all the language for the miles.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:31 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by mia
Citi has not eliminated this benefit. It is administered by AA, not by the card issuers, and it still applies to cards issued by both banks.
The 10% rebate is a benefit of the Platinum Select card but not the Executive card.
mia likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cce5858
I got this exact same response as well. Now I seriously regret closing my last Aviator card (I had 2 total), and being past 10 days I cannot reopen it. Not sure if "maximum number of allowed times" includes a finite timeframe or is indefinite. With Citi eliminating the 10% refund on award redemptions, Aviator Red is the keeper card. And now looks like I'm locked out for life. Seriously annoying and disgusting on Barclays part.
I was going to take the optimistic view that this really just means the "24 month" rule is more fully in force. But then I went to the application page referenced in the wiki. There is no reference to "24 months" that I can see. Instead, there is
You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
Now, there's a question as to what they mean by "this program", but it doesn't look good.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
I was going to take the optimistic view that this really just means the "24 month" rule is more fully in force. But then I went to the application page referenced in the wiki. There is no reference to "24 months" that I can see. Instead, there is
Now, there's a question as to what they mean by "this program", but it doesn't look good.
With no status with AA, this card is a keeper for the bag, boarding, and 10%. Now I cannot apply for a new one, reopen a closed one after 10 days, and can’t product change any card to this.

On the the flip side, after getting rejected, I applied to the Citi Platinum AA with the $99 (waived first year), and got instantly approved. I have noticed that the 24 month rule isn’t enforced as I had just closed my previous personal and business Citi AA Platinum November of last year, and yet I received the letter in the mail stating I will receive the 60k after 3k spend. I noticed that it’s also not enforced for the Citi TY Premier, as I had gotten the bonus on the Prestige before and also got the bonus again, within a year. But YMMV. Looks like I’ll be keeping the Citi AA Plat until Barclays decides to let me back in to that product lol. For another 50-60k miles and $4 less AF then the Citi.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by mia
See this thread for information about asking Citi to award extra miles after approval for a new Citi AAdvantage card.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi...-business.html

The process is fairly specific. Look for a post with suggested wording.
Page not found...
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:27 am
mia

Originally Posted by Green_eyes
Page not found...
Link tested and works. If your browser cannot process it, navigate manually:

FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards > Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business).
muji likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:35 am

Received card; no mention of bonus miles in welcome letter or any of the included literature. Problem or no?

Are their any DPs of apps getting approved via the 60K bonus page @ Barclay but not getting the bonus miles?

Thanks.

**EDIT: Called in to Barclay and CSR confirmed 60K promo on account (phones were down when I called this AM prior to posting above).

Last edited by dgilligan02; Aug 27, 2018 at 11:45 am
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by dgilligan02
Received card; no mention of bonus miles in welcome letter or any of the included literature. Problem or no?

Are their any DPs of apps getting approved via the 60K bonus page @ Barclay but not getting the bonus miles?

Thanks.

**EDIT: Called in to Barclay and CSR confirmed 60K promo on account (phones were down when I called this AM prior to posting above).
It's hidden in the reward rules packet. Centerfold of it.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
It's hidden in the reward rules packet. Centerfold of it.
Yes, you are correct. Somehow missed that the first time I looked through all the literature!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:21 am

I missed it on my first pass and had a similar panicking moment.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: AAdvatage
Originally Posted by jan_believes
You mentioned your parents, do you happen to live at the same address?

What I did for my son was make him an AU with Amex, then added other account AUs on as time went by. He definitely had a low income (more like a stipend) but he could put down that his residence was long standing, which when eyeballed added to the AU payment record and got him approved. The other obvious is what is the ratio of CL vs credit used on the Discover? Your score certainly seems to point toward a low ratio and good payment record.

Right now my son, employed now about three years continues to be approved despite low income with his high score, his acceptable ratio, his long standing residence years, and the like. He is definitely being noticed by Amex, with two recent offers with bonuses. He got Barclays about 5 years ago.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It's hard for me to tell whether you'll get approved with your low income as a student, but I can tell you that:

1. You each have to have your own AAdvantage account, and if you do then:
2. Each of you will get a bonus for your own AAdvantage account if you're approved (and then if you make at least one purchase and also pay the annual fee). There's no "family lockout" or anything of the sort. Each application is based on your SSN, and obviously each of you have a separate SSN.
Originally Posted by ninim2200
Your credit history is short and income is low( i am not sure if you can use household income instead of your income to improve your odds), if you use your income you probably won't get approved but it doesn't hurt to try, take a shot at it and if it doesn't go through, wait awhile, apply for easier cards, build your credit and come back later.

Family members have no effect on you getting the bonus.
I just wanted to update y'all. I applied over the weekend and got approved! My score was around 784 and I had my income at 6k (even though I am sure I will make more than that this year) because that's what I made last year (I took a whole month off last year to go to Hawaii). I got a 1k credit line. Thanks everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.