Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Thanks @slappychasez - I think I will give the Silver a couple months to "cool off" before heading back for Red #2 . Good to hear it worked for you!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
This is my 2nd Aviator, my paperwork says I would be getting the 50k I applied for.
Statement was just paid off.
Now how long till the miles show up?
They are not listed on Barclays nor AA
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by duranza
This is my 2nd Aviator, my paperwork says I would be getting the 50k I applied for.
LOL, as I went round and round trying to figure this out...you have to have your (at least) one charge but also pay your annual fee..and that annual fee payment has to go through a billing cycle.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:15 pm

The miles will be awarded on a statement only after:
One Purchase
Pay off the annual fee.
once you do both wait for the following statement and the miles will show up on your statement and few days later in your AA account.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200
The miles will be awarded on a statement only after:
One Purchase
Pay off the annual fee.
once you do both wait for the following statement and the miles will show up on your statement and few days later in your AA account.
My DP

Opened 1/23
Statements close on the 13th
Paid fee and purchase on 2/23.
Changed closing date to 5th of month hoping miles would post quicker as needed to purchase an upcoming flight.
Never received a March statement.
Statement closed on 4/5 and miles posted 4/8.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:26 am

Ok thanks.. Just paid off the statement including purchases and annual fee.. So you are saying to make an additional purchase??
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
My DP

Opened 1/23
Statements close on the 13th
Paid fee and purchase on 2/23.
Changed closing date to 5th of month hoping miles would post quicker as needed to purchase an upcoming flight.
Never received a March statement.
Statement closed on 4/5 and miles posted 4/8.
Ok thanks. So I don't need to make additional purchases. :-)
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:20 am

Ok thanks. So I don't need to make additional purchases. :-)
I did to make sure they would cut me a statement.
I don’t know why a March one was not generated as looking at my account online it stated 3/5 as next closing date. So I made another purchase in March.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:50 am

Got a reply to my question from Barclays: We show that you met the initial qualifications to earn the miles with the payment received on April 11, 2018; therefore, the bonus miles will be reflected on the statement that closes next on April 16, 2018
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:07 pm

Got a reply to my question from Barclays: We show that you met the initial qualifications to earn the miles with the payment received on April 11, 2018; therefore, the bonus miles will be reflected on the statement that closes next on April 16, 2018
When I called I was told 4-6 weeks after qualifying transaction posted and annual fee paid.
My problem was they never cut me a March statement which prolonged my wait.

Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:17 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Exceeding credit limit on barclay aviator card

I have a $23k CL on my card.

I called Barclays to ask if I could put a $25,500 charge (Tax payment) on it and they said yes.

No hiccups, charge went through.

Not many data points on this card so I figured I'd post one!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:54 am

Question: I had opened one of the Barclays AAdvantage cards in February 2015. I converted it to a non-AAdvantage card roughly one year later, so around February or March of 2016. I believe I kept the same account number after the product change. Due to inactivity, my non-AAdvantage credit card account was closed in February 2017.

When would I be eligible for the bonus? March 2018? February 2019?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by Leonis
Question: I had opened one of the Barclays AAdvantage cards in February 2015. I converted it to a non-AAdvantage card roughly one year later, so around February or March of 2016. I believe I kept the same account number after the product change. Due to inactivity, my non-AAdvantage credit card account was closed in February 2017.

I would think 24 months from when you did the product change (so you're good now). However, if you read back through this thread you'll see that Barclays has not held to their rule with any uniformity. I actually reapplied for my 2nd card 35 days after closing my first and was successful and someone else was at 45 days. Oddly, I seem to remember someone applied 4 months after their prior closure and failed. It's very YMMV. But no matter what, I think you'd be good now.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Leonis

First, Barclay always gives you a bonus if they give you card. So the question with Barclay is simply when would let you apply for the card again.

Some people are able to get a new Aviattor card a handful of months after closing the previous card. So I would think that since your Aviator card was converted over two years ago, and the card it was converted to was closed over a year ago, there should be no issue with you applying now (assuming there are no unrelated credit issues).

See, Barclay puts "2 years' language on their applications, but to date they haven't ever enforced that. They just don't like you applying "too often", with "too" not being defined.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84
I would think 24 months from when you did the product change (so you're good now). However, if you read back through this thread you'll see that Barclays has not held to their rule with any uniformity. I actually reapplied for my 2nd card 35 days after closing my first and was successful and someone else was at 45 days. Oddly, I seem to remember someone applied 4 months after their prior closure and failed. It's very YMMV. But no matter what, I think you'd be good now.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
First, Barclay always gives you a bonus if they give you card. So the question with Barclay is simply when would let you apply for the card again.

Some people are able to get a new Aviattor card a handful of months after closing the previous card. So I would think that since your Aviator card was converted over two years ago, and the card it was converted to was closed over a year ago, there should be no issue with you applying now (assuming there are no unrelated credit issues).

See, Barclay puts "2 years' language on their applications, but to date they haven't ever enforced that. They just don't like you applying "too often", with "too" not being defined.
Thank you both. I assume Barclays will not confirm whether I'm past the 24 month period (I believe I saw someone in this thread say Barclays would not answer specific questions regarding the "24-month rule" and I presume that's still the case). But good to know if I'm approved I'll get the bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.