Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:56 am

long time lurker here... to add another data point for folks - i had a US Airways card that was converted to Aviator. i didn't close that card, instead i converted it to a Barclays Arrival card in November 2015.

i applied in November 2017. Didn't get auto approved, although that may have been because i have a fraud alert on my credit. after a couple days, i got an email of approval. No mention of anything about a bonus offer. Paid my annual fee and first transaction's balance before the statement closed. Statement came today and got the 60k bonus.
jtav559 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by ninim2200
if you don't have any aviator cards open and you get approved for a new one you will get the bonus.

Not entirely true (at least the approval part). I had an aviator red opened in Nov/Dec 2016 and still have it open and active when I applied for and got approved for another aviator red two months ago.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by baconjam
Data Point: 06/21/17 applied for 1st ever Barclay credit card, 1st Aviator Red approved $20k CL after 5 days of checking app status site. Paid AF, made 1 transaction, received 50k bonus.

With 1st Aviator still active, applied 9/15/17 with same info (email, mother's maiden, income, employed professional, etc.) Could someone test a DP with same name/SSN but different email/ mother's maiden security Q? Always fun to test the system...

Result was 10 day pending message. Immediately checked app status site to see June approval still on file. Perhaps closing card first may have helped? Instant denial for 2nd app.

"Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you."

Will update with reason for denial. Hoping this immediate denial means no HP!
Any update on this - "Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you."

I closed Aviator back in August and just reapplied - got this statement. Already hold Aviator which has been open for couple years.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by xjaehyun
Not entirely true (at least the approval part). I had an aviator red opened in Nov/Dec 2016 and still have it open and active when I applied for and got approved for another aviator red two months ago.
I am not sure the recent reports support your experience; recently people are being denied approval for a second card while they have another one open.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
I got this: "Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you."

The recon rep told me that it is due to already having 2 Barclay AA Aviators (both converted from US Airways) open. Even with me mentioning they were both converted cards still disqualified me from getting approved.

He told me it's an automatic denial and my credit hasn't been pulled. Is this true?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by hightide
I got this: "Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you."

The recon rep told me that it is due to already having 2 Barclay AA Aviators (both converted from US Airways) open. Even with me mentioning they were both converted cards still disqualified me from getting approved.

He told me it's an automatic denial and my credit hasn't been pulled. Is this true?
I got this as well thought haven't called in yet - will wait a day or 2 to see whats going on.

I closed my AA card in August thought it still lists it on my online profile as a closed account.

If they are not approving me - I hope they didnt pull credit
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Positive DP here...had the original US Airways card, converted to Aviator. I canceled the aviator in November-17.

Just applied today and was not instantly approved, got the your application is being reviewed.

Called the recon line, and after answering a few questions, they approved me. Now lets see if we get the bonus, but it sounds like i should if i was approved
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:57 pm

bummer for me. has the aviator red (converted from US airways) and applied 2 days earlier. Called 866-408-4064 and credit analyst blatantly refused to reconsider by saying only one card per person.
will try another number in couple of days to test my luck
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xjaehyun
Actually, entirely true the way it was written. It started with "if", so it wasn't saying you couldn't have an Aviator card open, it was just saying "if" you had no Aviator card open, that's what would happen, and all that is true.

What happens to people who have an Aviator still open was not covered at all by what you quoted (and claimed was untrue).

Meanwhile, you didn't explain how you got approved. As noted in the wiki, since about 4 months ago, most people get denied by a computer but can be approved if they talk to a human. So did you buck that trend, or did you simply get approved by human?

And in this world, two months can be a very long time (specifically, long enough for Barclay to maybe have tweaked their policies again during that time).
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by vm81
I got this as well thought haven't called in yet - will wait a day or 2 to see whats going on.

I closed my AA card in August thought it still lists it on my online profile as a closed account.

If they are not approving me - I hope they didnt pull credit
so just got off the phone with reconsideration - said it was an auto denial without any credit check because I had Aviator that I clised 4 months back in August. I guess since it wasnt original US Airways that loophole doesnt exist. Didnt even push it as I just knew it wont go anywhere.

I would have been lot more upset if they had run a credit - for now its only 5 bucks wasted for unfreezing the report - can live with that.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
so just got off the phone with reconsideration - said it was an auto denial without any credit check because I had Aviator that I clised 4 months back in August. I guess since it wasnt original US Airways that loophole doesnt exist. Didnt even push it as I just knew it wont go anywhere.

I would have been lot more upset if they had run a credit - for now its only 5 bucks wasted for unfreezing the report - can live with that.
If you are saying having closed an AA-only card is what kept you from getting the new one, that is not exactly true. The card I closed in November was an AA-only card and I got approved for a new one 37 days later.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84
If you are saying having closed an AA-only card is what kept you from getting the new one, that is not exactly true. The card I closed in November was an AA-only card and I got approved for a new one 37 days later.
Atleast that's what i was told...
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:44 am

Applied yesterday, having closed my Aviator just over 6 months ago. Got the 7-10 days message.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Applied yesterday, having closed my Aviator just over 6 months ago. Got the 7-10 days message.
That might be better than "We can not give you anymore Barclaycard" as they dont even run credit in this case. In 7-10 days case they might just need some more info or have a human take a look.

But I have no idea - dont take my word for it.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by rover4618
Just so we're clear are you saying :

# 1. You opened an Aviator 6 months ago,

# 2. Closed it 2 months after opening

# 3 . Applied and was approved 4 months after closing of first Aviator. ??
yes, that's right.
rover4618 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.