Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fredc84
How do you pay the fee if it hasn't posted to your account? My fee didn't show up on my bill until the second month. If you just put the extra fee amount on the card without it showing on the bill yet, will that pay it?
You can do a PUSH method from your bank's bill pay that includes the AF amount. i.e. pay in advance before the fee posted. So the card has a credit balance which immediately offset (pay) the AF when posted. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but you have nothing to lose as the credit would be used up by the AF anyway.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sean54
It looks like this has been extended:
This is a limited-time offer and will no longer be available after January 31, 2018
This is great news thank you for posting it. The new deadline works much better in the timeline we need to prioritize.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:24 am

I opened my latest Aviator on 10/31, made a purchase 11/8/ 2017, card closed 11/15/2017.

The charge is on the card but my annual fee has not been billed yet and no bonus points have posted. Is this normal fro the AF to not post on the first statement ?

Last edited by flyer4512; Nov 20, 2017 at 12:31 am
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I opened my latest Aviator on 10/31, made a purchase 11/8/ 2017, card closed 11/15/2017.

The charge is on the card but my annual fee has not been billed yet and no bonus points have posted. Is this normal fro the AF to not post on the first statement ?
That's what I wrote about happening to me a few posts back. It happens but I don't know if this normal.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84
That's what I wrote about happening to me a few posts back. It happens but I don't know if this normal.
Since I applied 10/31 my guess is my AF will post on 11/30

Our records indicate that you have the ability to earn 60,000 bonus miles if a purchase posts to your AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard within 90 days of account opening and you pay your $95.00 annual fee. While we can confirm that you have met the spend requirement, we show that your annual fee has not yet posted or been paid. Your annual fee should be billed on the last business day of the month that you applied. Any payment of $95.00 or more, made after your annual fee posts, will be considered a payment towards this fee.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Since I applied 10/31 my guess is my AF will post on 11/30

Our records indicate that you have the ability to earn 60,000 bonus miles if a purchase posts to your AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard within 90 days of account opening and you pay your $95.00 annual fee. While we can confirm that you have met the spend requirement, we show that your annual fee has not yet posted or been paid. Your annual fee should be billed on the last business day of the month that you applied. Any payment of $95.00 or more, made after your annual fee posts, will be considered a payment towards this fee.
I just went back to check my statements. My fee showed up on Jul 31 (I opened my account on July 7). But my fee was actually on my 2nd billing statement since they only gave me 2 weeks on my first statement (it closed July 24). Not sure why but it took them until September to give me my miles....after I complained. I closed that card a week and a half ago and plan on reapplying after 12/1.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 12:31 pm

Would it be best to apply, get approved, do the spend, pay the AF, wait for the points to post, then cancel the card asap so as to minimize the waiting time til the next app? Also, what credit agency does the hard pull come out of? I wouldn't want it to add to the one that Chase base their 5/24 on.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Venomous West
Would it be best to apply, get approved, do the spend, pay the AF, wait for the points to post, then cancel the card asap so as to minimize the waiting time til the next app? Also, what credit agency does the hard pull come out of? I wouldn't want it to add to the one that Chase base their 5/24 on.
Which CB they use is YMMV, typically based on where you live, and in fact with some banks has been known to change from day to day. Although in my case it has always been Experian.

As for 5/24, it doesn't matter, since Chase doesn't go by HPs, it goes by "accounts opened". Which unlike HPs may not be reported instantaneously, but are eventually reported to all 3 of the major CBs. The only way to get new cards without adding to 5/24 is to only apply for non-Chase business cards, which when in good standing are not reported to CBs. That will generate new HPs, but again Chase doesn't care so much about HPs.

Finally quickly canceling to shorten the waiting time to reapply may work with Citi, which has a 24 month exclusion. But with Barclays that may result in not being approved in the future. Much better to keep Barclays cards open for awhile and put some regular spend on them, so as to be considered a "good customer", rather than just a churner.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Which CB they use is YMMV, typically based on where you live, and in fact with some banks has been known to change from day to day. Although in my case it has always been Experian.

As for 5/24, it doesn't matter, since Chase doesn't go by HPs, it goes by "accounts opened". Which unlike HPs may not be reported instantaneously, but are eventually reported to all 3 of the major CBs. The only way to get new cards without adding to 5/24 is to only apply for non-Chase business cards, which when in good standing are not reported to CBs. That will generate new HPs, but again Chase doesn't care so much about HPs.

Finally quickly canceling to shorten the waiting time to reapply may work with Citi, which has a 24 month exclusion. But with Barclays that may result in not being approved in the future. Much better to keep Barclays cards open for awhile and put some regular spend on them, so as to be considered a "good customer", rather than just a churner.
Thanks for the reply and the advice. The reason I'm asking is because most cards nowadays got the 24 months restriction, which this card seems to have, and they're based on the date the account is closed, not when it's opened. I generally keep the cards open for at least 6 months to a year, before the AF hits, but as mentioned, hard to churn when they count the new bonuses based on closing dates.

As for 5/24, does Chase count accounts opened that are not theirs? Must be so 'cause I haven't gotten approved for a Chase card in 2 years, but I do get approved for others. All this time I just figured the rule was just for accounts open with them =/
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
How can you tell which CU Barclays pulled? Can I see it in my credit report?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Venomous West
As for 5/24, does Chase count accounts opened that are not theirs?
ALL Personal cards from ANY issuer.

This rule has been in place for over 2 years by now. Suggest you to read the Wiki of the STICKY in Chase forum about Apply a Chase Card.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 5:57 am

Has anyone received the refreshed card (right) featuring the new World Elite Mastercard logo? If so, can you post a photo? Afaik no image exists anywhere online of the new WE logo despite card art depicting the updated logo for the last year.

Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick92
Has anyone received the refreshed card (right) featuring the new World Elite Mastercard logo? If so, can you post a photo? Afaik no image exists anywhere online of the new WE logo despite card art depicting the updated logo for the last year.

My card doesn't like like either of these. It has a yellow MasterCard logo, with WORLD above it. That's presumably the older design?

I wonder if the new design puts WORLD or WORLD ELITE on the back of the card, like Citi AA cards do? But if online pictures don't show the back of the card, it's hard to tell.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
My card doesn't like like either of these. It has a yellow MasterCard logo, with WORLD above it. That's presumably the older design?

I wonder if the new design puts WORLD or WORLD ELITE on the back of the card, like Citi AA cards do? But if online pictures don't show the back of the card, it's hard to tell.
You have the World Mastercard edition, and likely the old Mastercard logo? The new logo has the word mastercard below the two circles, if you login you can probably see the new Mastercard logo and can request. As far as the above image, that is the World Elite Mastercard version. The left is the old logo and the right features the newer logo. On the new design, the World is usually printed on the right side above the last four digits (image below) and for World Elite, on the back.

Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick92
You have the World Mastercard edition, and likely the old Mastercard logo? The new logo has the word mastercard below the two circles, if you login you can probably see the new Mastercard logo and can request. As far as the above image, that is the World Elite Mastercard version. The left is the old logo and the right features the newer logo. On the new design, the World is usually printed on the right side above the last four digits (image below) and for World Elite, on the back.

When I log in, I see a card without WORLD written anywhere, but it's got red-and-yellow MasterCard logo like you show here, rather than the grey and white logo that's shown a couple posts above on the right.

(In fact, I see that very same design, bigger, without even logging in, when it recognizes me based on cookies and says "Hello, Aviator" or whatever. )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.