Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are there any DP for approval/denial from those who still has an upgraded silver version?

It seem that the best practice is to close current card and apply at least a month later..
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lw7878
Like your friend, I was denied automatically and I am also letting it go after being rejected by the recon agent. It has been more than 30 days since my application. I am wondering if I should or could resubmit a new application. I am sure I will have another instant denial because I still have a converted Aviator card. But I will try HUCA next time. Your last paragraph about '[no application]in the past 4 to 6 months' kind of confused me. Do you think it applies to my scenario? Any harm to resubmit an application? BTW, I don't have any hard pulls from TransUnion in the one or two years.

TIA!
Barclays doesn't like quick succession of applications on its cards. In the history of US cards, a space of 4 to 6 months seems to have much better chance of getting instant approvals if everything else is good.

Originally Posted by italdesign
My personal opinion is that no anniversary bonus (that I'm aware of) is worth paying AF for, if you can churn the sign up bonus.
Agree.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Originally Posted by lw7878
Did your converted Aviator card give you an anniversary bonus of 10K AA miles? If so, could you share your reasoning for closing the account?

It did not so pretty easy decision.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
It did not so pretty easy decision.
Does either you have other Barclay cards open?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:49 pm

I have an Aviator Red that was converted from the USAirways card. In May 2017 I was approved for a second card with a 40,000 bonus. I closed this second card on 9/1 and applied for the current 60,000 offer on 10/8. Instant denial! Called 866-408-4064 and was told in no uncertain terms that I cannot be approved because I already have a card open. No ifs, ands, or buts!!

Today I received a denial letter in the mail and it said I was denied because "...you already established the maximum allowable number of this product with us." The above number was provided in the letter so I called and asked the rep to explain why I was denied. She was quite nice and told me she could take a look at my credit and, if I agreed to a hard pull, see if she could approve the application. In less than five minutes she came back and said the application was approved. A few hours later I received an approval email. I checked online and the 60,000 mile bonus is listed in the benefits section.

"If at first you don't succeed..."
Happy, italdesign and TWA884 like this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Approximately how long after statement close will the 60k bonus points post?

I used to have US Airways card which was converted to Red Aviator. Last year, I downgraded to no fee version.

I applied for 60k offer, made the purchase, statement closed, annual fee posted, payment posted 5 days ago, yet, 60k bonus has not posted. I wonder if Barclays is having remorse and excluding people who had Red Aviator in the past.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by hokiebuy

I used to have US Airways card which was converted to Red Aviator. Last year, I downgraded to no fee version.

I applied for 60k offer, made the purchase, statement closed, annual fee posted, payment posted 5 days ago, yet, 60k bonus has not posted. I wonder if Barclays is having remorse and excluding people who had Red Aviator in the past.

My statement closed on October 11, with annual fee posting on 9-29 and the first spend happening on 9-28 but posting on 10-1 (account approval on September 18). According to my AA account, the miles were posted on October 11.

On a side note, I already have an Aviator Red and got another Aviator Red.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ddi you see the 60K miles bonus listed in the benefits section? If so, you most likely will see the bonus the next statement cycle.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:09 pm

60k bonus has not posted. I wonder if Barclays is having remorse and excluding people who had Red Aviator in the past.
In your Barclays account, click on Rewards & Benefits; then click on Earning AAdvantage miles; then look at what should be the 4th item listed: Earn 60,000 bonus miles. If you see that (Earn 60,000 bonus miles), as you probably will, it means that you are qualified to receive the miles - and the miles will definitely post (probably after your next statement closes).
express3 and hokiebuy like this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Originally Posted by frudd38
Does either you have other Barclay cards open?
No. The only Barclay card either of us have ever had was the US airway card (unless you count the one that card was converted to) either way no Barclay cards open at the time we applied for this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
No. The only Barclay card either of us have ever had was the US airway card (unless you count the one that card was converted to) either way no Barclay cards open at the time we applied for this.
^
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by muji
In your Barclays account, click on Rewards & Benefits; then click on Earning AAdvantage miles; then look at what should be the 4th item listed: Earn 60,000 bonus miles. If you see that (Earn 60,000 bonus miles), as you probably will, it means that you are qualified to receive the miles - and the miles will definitely post (probably after your next statement closes).
Thanks. Yes, I do see earn 60k bonus miles.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by azepine00
Are there any DP for approval/denial from those who still has an upgraded silver version?

It seem that the best practice is to close current card and apply at least a month later..
One more DP for getting approved after already having a card.

Called in a few minutes after online denial. They said that CR hadn't been hit because I already had the card. They were will to give me another card and asked for permission to look at my CR. Came back and approved me, and also acknowledged I would get 60K bonus.
italdesign likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:34 am

Applied, got the "Your application is being reviewed, you will hear from us in 10 days" message.

Called a credit analyst at 866-205-5973. Talked for a few minutes, updated some of my info. Had to move over $5k in credit from my Barclay Arrival card. She then approved me.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
On hold with them right now, was denied for having a converted US Airways Aviator (with the grandfathered annual 10K).

So... my first hold session during which he was checking if they could indeed issue a new one had depressing music.

Now the second hold session (after announcing that he can with a hard pull) is upbeat.

I can only imagine what's in hold for the third hold session (hopefully won't be)!

EDIT: Approved! For the DP, I called: 1-866-408-4064 and they answered immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.