Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Husband got the written letter - not surprisingly the instant denial is due to the existing Aviator (converted from US Airway's card from 2013)

"Our records show that you've already established the maximum allowable number of this product with us. Please let us know immediately if you did not apply for or receive this product previously."

"A credit bureau report was not used in making this determination."

Shoulda/coulda apply a couple months ago when it was possible but we were holding off trying to go under Chase 5/24... once Aug passed... C'est la Vie.

He did get an A+ instant approval before trying for the Aviator 15 min later.
I could've written this post for myself. Shoulda/ coulda...

Btw, good to see you around Happy. I haven't been on much lately but I remember you were always the guru back in the days of getting two Citi AA cards back in the day. Those were the days.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TimesTwo

Btw, good to see you around Happy. I haven't been on much lately but I remember you were always the guru back in the days of getting two Citi AA cards back in the day. Those were the days.
+1 On good to see you around Happy .
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TimesTwo

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
+1 On good to see you around Happy .
Thank you both. Hard to believe it has been so long ago.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:51 pm

Does Barclays ever approve you for a card but not honor the bonus? Or is it safe to assume that they will give you the bonus if you're approved?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by PP212
Does Barclays ever approve you for a card but not honor the bonus? Or is it safe to assume that they will give you the bonus if you're approved?
There have been no data points of approved individuals not receiving the bonus.
PP212 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:49 pm

I've had the card for 3 weeks and the AF has not posted yet. I read through this thread and noticed that this wasn't the case for others. Has anyone else experienced this?

Does the AF post at the end of the 1st billing cycle? The start of the 2nd?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Flamenguista
I've had the card for 3 weeks and the AF has not posted yet. I read through this thread and noticed that this wasn't the case for others. Has anyone else experienced this?

Does the AF post at the end of the 1st billing cycle? The start of the 2nd?
I guess you didn’t go far enough back to read my post.

Husband’s fee posted on 2nd statement. We prepaid on first billing statement hoping it would post. Didn’t post till after payment due date of second statement. I was afraid the rules might have changed as he appplied when they first increased to 50,000 miles as he has an open converted US card.

Check on your account online under benefits. Click on earning miles it show up there as 60,000 miles after first purchase( or something like that).

Looks like rules changed with the 60,000 mile increase.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by lw7878
What is the backdoor number? Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thanks.
I would also very much appreciate being told the backdoor number. I've gotten the "10 days" message and would really like to call. I've searched the thread and others but can't find any mention of a backdoor number except these posts.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by anabolism
I would also very much appreciate being told the backdoor number. I've gotten the "10 days" message and would really like to call. I've searched the thread and others but can't find any mention of a backdoor number except these posts.

Sent a pm
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Update:

I currently have an Aviator card; I applied for a new card and received the "10 day" message. I called the Reconsideration number in the Wiki (866-408-4064, also sent to me in PM as the "backdoor" number). Agent told me I was denied, and that it was because I already had an Aviator; I tried to explain that I wanted the extra card to keep business expenses separate but she said there is no reconsideration for this. I then called the customer service number, asked for a manager, and explained the situation to a manager and said I'd like to talk to a credit analyst. She transferred me to one, who said he could pull my credit report and see. After doing so, he said I can get the new card if I shift credit from my current card, which of course I agreed to.

Takeaway: the Reconsiderations/backdoor number may or may not be the same department as the credit analysts; if it is the same, then it seems very much to depend on which agent you get.
italdesign likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
10K Anniversary Bonus

hi Everyone, I have two Barclay US Airways MC that got converted into Aviator Red. Recently the 10k anniversary bonus benefits disappeared from my account and I called to verify that the benefits is no longer with my cards. Wonder if anyone experienced the same?

Given the cards lost their 10k benefits, I would like to close them and apply for the 60k promo. Wonder how many days after closing can I successfully apply for a new Aviator? I don’t mind keeping the card but learned that will risk app rejection so thinking of closing first, wait and apply for the 60k promo.

Any thought or comment? Thanks for any tips and help and good luck churning!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by NttDocomo
hi Everyone, I have two Barclay US Airways MC that got converted into Aviator Red. Recently the 10k anniversary bonus benefits disappeared from my account and I called to verify that the benefits is no longer with my cards. Wonder if anyone experienced the same?

Given the cards lost their 10k benefits, I would like to close them and apply for the 60k promo. Wonder how many days after closing can I successfully apply for a new Aviator? I don’t mind keeping the card but learned that will risk app rejection so thinking of closing first, wait and apply for the 60k promo.

Are you really sure you are not getting them? Barclays CSR usually give conflicting misinformation regarding bonuses. I’ve been told I have no bonus offers on cards when indeed I did and they did post. My sister was told she never registered for the $2500/6 month spend for 30,000 miles by numerous reps and her points finally posted.

I have 2 anniversary cards also. One of them was recently changed to a Mastercard elite ( or something like that) by Barclays (not my choice). I was afraid that would affect my anniversary points. Not so as they are still showing on my account as a benefit. I am not closing those cards.

The third one I’m waiting till annual fee posts. Unfortunately that’s the one that gets the most bonus promos so I get suckered in to keep it.

FYI. The anniversary points sometimes disappear and then suddenly reappear as a benefit on account. They weren’t showing last week and I just checked and lo and behold they are back again.

I know when the cards converted they sent out a letter saying we would continue to receive our anniversary points. I’ve never received another letter stating otherwise.

My next anniversary is November so I’ll have to wait to see if anything has changed.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by NttDocomo

Dont know the answer to the next post question , but to answer yours , I closed a card on Monday and applied on Thursday.

The guy who approved it , said I see you closed your older one, therefore I can approve the new application ..LOL
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Dont know the answer to the next post question , but to answer yours , I closed a card on Monday and applied on Thursday.

The guy who approved it , said I see you closed your older one, therefore I can approve the new application ..LOL
Do you have other Barclay cards still open?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Do you have other Barclay cards still open?
Yes . My 4th LH M&M, one REWARDS card IIRC downgraded from LH card,an older Aviator plus my newest Aviator for a total of 4 active cards with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.