Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
I have Aviator Red with 10k annual bonus (former US Airways card). I just got my bonus points posted to my AA account, and then the AF posted, now at $99, instead of $89. I know it will be my last 10k bonus. Is it safe to cancel, or will they claw back the bonus?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yugi
I have Aviator Red with 10k annual bonus (former US Airways card). I just got my bonus points posted to my AA account, and then the AF posted, now at $99, instead of $89. I know it will be my last 10k bonus. Is it safe to cancel, or will they claw back the bonus?
I closed mine in July after the 10K but before paying the AF. No claw back.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31493765-post1431.html
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:56 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
I closed mine in July after the 10K but before paying the AF. No claw back.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31493765-post1431.html
Called and was offered no AF card and 2500 miles. Accepted.
elc2414 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Sorry for the stupid question but are we still getting the annual 10k points with this card? I just got a new card (old one is expiring) and I remember changes a while ago but deciding to keep due to the 10k and free bags...now a year later I can't remember if the 10k was a one time thing or if older holders are grandfathered in. What's confusing me even more is the reference above by yugi talking about getting the " last 10k!"

Originally Posted by yugi
I know it will be my last 10k bonus.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Sorry for the stupid question but are we still getting the annual 10k points with this card? I just got a new card (old one is expiring) and I remember changes a while ago but deciding to keep due to the 10k and free bags...now a year later I can't remember if the 10k was a one time thing or if older holders are grandfathered in. What's confusing me even more is the reference above by yugi talking about getting the " last 10k!"
Yes, it was grandfathered card, which I've got in 2014. Another card, which I've got in 2015 had only one time 10k anniversary bonus.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
As far as my understanding, if your anniversary is before May1 2020 you will get one last 10,000 anniversary bonus.
No more after that.
Got mine in January, fee posted in February, and I downgraded to the no annual fee card in March.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Sorry but can someone help clarify:
I already downgraded from Red to regular AAdvantage Aviator, it's been about a year since the downgrade. Will they consider the existing/open version a reason to disqualify from from reapplying for another Red and sign up bonus? Most of the posts here indicate that their prior card was closed.

TIA
Old May 1, 2020, 2:05 pm
Suspended

How to get through to Barclays (Aviator Mastercard) fraud department

My online access for my Barclays Aviator Mastercard was shut off (and use of my card has been blocked) ever since I changed my address online. A Barclays rep says that my new address is in its system and that I just need to confirm it verbally to the fraud department for these restrictions to be lifted.

I've been calling for weeks and spending hours on hold to try to speak with someone at the Barclays fraud department: 5 hours today. It's impossible get work done due to the constant announcements ("please continue to hold" and, my favorite, "remember that you can manage your account online") when you're on hold.

I'm also sending Barclays a letter to the address on its website. I can't email Barclays because I need to log in to do so, and I can't log in.

Is there any way to get in touch with the Barclays credit card fraud department, other than spending hours and hours on hold and hoping that someone answers?

Thanks.
Old May 1, 2020, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
No magic bullet that I've heard of. Put phone on speaker and do other things.
Old May 2, 2020, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I’d call regular customer service and tell them that they can either have the fraud department call me at a certain time of my choosing (during normal business hours, of course), or they can cancel the darn card. It’s not really a good card anyway, IMO, and certainly not worth 5+ hrs of my time to listen to a recording.
philemer likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 2:15 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by moe8555
It's still possible, I also opened a new one less than 12 months after closing the prior. I also had to call in and chat them up. I think it helped that I had a different Barclays product on which I charged over $25K during the prior 12 month period. Was also above the 6 or 7/24 threshold.

Any update on churn time line?

Also separate question: the ONLY REASON to keep this card is so that I can use it a unattended gas stations in Italy and france.
The PIN actually works on those pumps, does anyone know if the downgraded card actually works in this way too?
or any other cards? certainly no other Barclays card works in this was, only the aviator seems to code as a euro-master card.
but since I am not going anywhere soon, I am trying to justify paying the af since they are not offering any retention offers...sad
Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:29 pm

[deleted]

Last edited by sk8uno; Jul 6, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Old Jun 8, 2020, 5:35 pm

Any tips on how to cash out miles before my Annual Fee hits? I don't plan on traveling for the next few months. Was thinking airBNB gift card but Airbnb does not sell their own gift cards, and if you buy from a third party seller, it will not code as travel. Any advice?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer9000
Any tips on how to cash out miles before my Annual Fee hits? I don't plan on traveling for the next few months. Was thinking airBNB gift card but Airbnb does not sell their own gift cards, and if you buy from a third party seller, it will not code as travel. Any advice?
I don't understand, why do you need to "cash out miles" before your Annual Fee hits? Most people just keep the miles until they have a good use for them.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't understand, why do you need to "cash out miles" before your Annual Fee hits? Most people just keep the miles until they have a good use for them.
sounds like he wants to cancel the card and afraid he'll lose the miles. Maybe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.