Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:36 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by kapooncha
Anyone else have a hell of a time getting approved for Barclays cards? I'm well over 700 and never get rejected by Chase, AMEX, or Citi.
My daughter, a resident physician at a major midwest university hospital with a FICO score of just under 800, was rejected due to her student loans from medical school (she's on an income-driven repayment plan, so her monthly payments are relatively low). You'd think that with her future income potential, they'd want her as a customer.
EmailKid likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Twaffles
I just cancelled my AA Aviator Red card last week because of the AF...it was the one that the old US Airways converted to.

How long until I can reapply for the card again (personal) or should I just do the business one now?

Thanks.
You have to wait a long time, and you have to monitor this thread to see how long it is. All we know so far is that Barclay has gotten way way tougher than it used to be.

The business card is separate, so presumably they won't hold that against you having recently had the personal card.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You have to wait a long time, and you have to monitor this thread to see how long it is. All we know so far is that Barclay has gotten way way tougher than it used to be.

The business card is separate, so presumably they won't hold that against you having recently had the personal card.
I just applied for this card and got approved (not instant, but didn't call recon). I had the old card but closed it almost 3 years ago. It was the only card I ever had with barclays.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch

I read the wiki page that indicate that old US airways convert does not apply to 24 months language, is that still true? I am about to cancel my card( have four years). I am ready to apply again in a month or two. please update. thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cubachao
I read the wiki page that indicate that old US airways convert does not apply to 24 months language, is that still true? I am about to cancel my card( have four years). I am ready to apply again in a month or two. please update. thanks!
I don't see where the wikpost says that. It says:

"It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185 , 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)"

"Had been" and "were not" are past tense, so that sentence is not describing the current situation.

But you can just read back on the last few pages of posts, and find lots of cases where people are denied after waiting way more than 1 or 2 months after cancelling.

But if you think you can buck the trend, you're welcome to become a new datapoint (please report your results back, thanks.).

Last edited by sdsearch; Dec 11, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:04 am

if you apply and get approved will you get the bonus miles if you had the card recently? The terms and conditions state you"may" not be eligible for this offer
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:27 am

There are no data points for someone not getting the miles if they were approved.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:32 pm
Suspended

I can't even get Barclays to approve me for this damn card. I've got credit score of over 700 too.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I just opened a new Red a couple of months ago. Does anyone know if the inflight applications with the unique code allow you to apply and receive the bonus again, basically waiving the 24 month rule?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by jvel
I just opened a new Red a couple of months ago. Does anyone know if the inflight applications with the unique code allow you to apply and receive the bonus again, basically waiving the 24 month rule?
AFAIK, no. Forget 24 months, the fact that you currently have one open would probably disqualify you right there. But if you aren't worried about another HP, you could always try. May you'll get lucky.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:43 am

I can't even get Barclays to approve me for this damn card. I've got credit score of over 700 too.
Barclay's pulls TU and the lovely Sagestream reports.
They seem to be sensitive to number of hard inquiries in the past 12 months.

Did they state the reason why they denied you?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hurnik
Barclay's pulls TU and the lovely Sagestream reports.
They seem to be sensitive to number of hard inquiries in the past 12 months.

Did they state the reason why they denied you?
Usually too many inquiries. Last time it was something about lack of installment payment history. That might relate to the fact that I had an old card drop off as I closed it.

Either way, it's always something with these guys. AMEX and Citi approve me willy nilly.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:35 am

my question is still do you get the bonus miles if approved if you had the card in the last year and cancelled it?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bernyx
my question is still do you get the bonus miles if approved if you had the card in the last year and cancelled it?
Robl already replied to you the last time you asked that question.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 5:14 am

Robl already replied to you the last time you asked that question.
no dataa points, I guess that means take your chances

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.