Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:10 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by TWA884
I received my first paperless statement today, April 5. The annual fee was not billed in this cycle (yes, I have made several purchases totaling just under $500).
Well, the annual fee did show up on the paper statement which arrived a few days later. Strange.

I was not expecting the 40K bonus to post because it is not supposed to be posted until after paying the annual fee, however, I received a 500 miles bonus. Any idea what that's about?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Lavezzi
Any idea how long the annual fee takes to post after opening an account, and how long the 40k miles credit to AA after paying the fee? Is it after the first month's statement?
For me, annual fee did not post until after the first statement.. I paid annual fee as soon as it posted, which was before second statement closed. Still waiting for second statement to close, and hoping the 40k will post then.

Statement closed and bonus posted 2 days later. I hold another Aviator, converted from my US card.

Last edited by travelpye; Apr 21, 2017 at 10:02 am Reason: Update
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:47 am

Well, the annual fee did show up on the paper statement which arrived a few days later. Strange.

I was not expecting the 40K bonus to post because it is not supposed to be posted until after paying the annual fee, however, I received a 500 miles bonus. Any idea what that's about?
For me, the AF posted the same day Barclay approved me (at least according to their online system that's the posting date of the AF0.

I'm guessing your 500 miles is due to the $500 in charges you accrued.

I posted the wording of the offer in the email I received which I think said something to the effect the 40k would post in the statement end after the AF and first charge were paid. Although it did mention something about 6-8 weeks as well.

My account/AF was opened/posted on 3/31/17. I paid it immediately (along with my $20 charge). Statement closing date is 4/21 according to Barclay, so we'll see if the miles post then or not.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:31 am

Either those are from your purchases or they are the 500 mile bonus from the inflight applications.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:21 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by hurnik
I'm guessing your 500 miles is due to the $500 in charges you accrued.
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Either those are from your purchases or they are the 500 mile bonus from the inflight applications.
One non-airline related purchase from a local business in the amount of $390 plus $95 for the annual fee for a total statement balance of $485.

From the statement:
Code:
Miles earned on all purchases                     390
Bonus or promotional miles earned this period     500
Total miles sent to your frequent flyer program   890
Originally Posted by hurnik
I posted the wording of the offer in the email I received which I think said something to the effect the 40k would post in the statement end after the AF and first charge were paid. Although it did mention something about 6-8 weeks as well.
I received the same email (see post No. 226).
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:03 am

One non-airline related purchase from a local business in the amount of $390 plus $95 for the annual fee for a total statement balance of $485.

From the statement:
Code:
Miles earned on all purchases                     390
Bonus or promotional miles earned this period     500
Total miles sent to your frequent flyer program   890

500 was the inflight application bonus.

I received the same email (see post No. 226).

Last edited by YoungBubbie; Apr 14, 2017 at 4:11 am
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: United, AA, Chase
Just another data point, I used to be a cardholder through US Airways, which then converted to Aviator. I cancelled that card a year or so back, then got a new one. Still got the bonus.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:56 pm

Downgraded my card today to the "aviator" card. How soon do you think I'll be good to apply for the Aviator Red again?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SoloExperiment
Downgraded my card today to the "aviator" card. How soon do you think I'll be good to apply for the Aviator Red again?
A week ago.

Ie, several people in this thread have reported getting a 2nd Aviator Red (and the bonus miles on it) while still having the 1st Aviator Red open. So downgrading was not necessary to be able to apply for it again.

Btw, AFAIK I know there's no such (single) thing as the "aviator" card. There's Aviator White (no AF), (maybe) Aviator Blue ($50ish AF), Aviator Red, and Aviator Silver.

You presumably downgraded to Aviator White, since AFAIK we haven't heard yet of someone being able to downgrade to Aviator Blue.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:59 pm

deleted

Last edited by shimps1; Dec 1, 2019 at 5:31 pm
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shimps1
Are you sure? I think it may depend on when he opened his card that he just downgraded? If it was a legacy card, i.e. opened prior to this 12/17/16 offering, then you're right. However, if it was opened after 12/17/16, I have yet to see a DP of someone even applying for a second card yet, after getting the bonus on the first, and cancelling it.
Can you really already today downgrade a card that was opened after 12/17/16? I thought Barclay wanted people to wait until they've had the card a year to do that?

It was on that basis that I assume it couldn't be a recently-acquired card.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:18 pm

deleted

Last edited by shimps1; Dec 7, 2019 at 11:21 pm
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:57 am

Final update/data point.

I previously had the USAirways branded Barclay card that was converted to the AAdvantage Red card from Barclays. Actually I *have* this card. I applied for the "new" AAdvantage Red card and got the pending status. 8 days later (at like 8:30 a.m. on Sat or Sunday) I got a phone call from Barclays and they wanted to move some credit limit around (I also previously had the Barclay World Elite whatever card and had closed that after moving the entire CL to the converted Red card).

AF was posted on account on 3/31/17.
I charged some Amazon gift card to the card on 4/5/17.
Paid full balance on 4/7/17.
First statement closing was 4/21/17.

Miles posted (like previously poster said) 2 days later on 4/23/17. However, it didn't show up on Barclays website as miles earned. But I logged into aa.com and there were the 40k miles (well plus whatever I charged).

Good luck, all!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS, HA, CX, AF, BA, UA, HH
Multiple Barclay Card Openings

Just as a data point to my previous post. I applied for the Aviator Card within 2 weeks of opening the Barclay Hawaiian Card. The application went pending. Did not hear anything from Barclay for 14 days, although the application acknowledgement email said they would contact me within 10 days with a determination of my application. I assumed I had been denied for some reason, although I have never been denied a credit card I had applied for.

Today I received my Aviator Card in the mail. Apparently opening the Hawaiian Card had no affect on the application for the Aviator Card.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:24 pm

Was charged $89AF and no retention offer other then downgrading. Deciding if i should cancel for refund or not. I do get the 10K annual bonus due to it being the former US airways card. I do have citi aadvantage card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.