Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garkman
Avianca Vuela Visa Card
https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!

40,000 miles after first purchase
Plus an extra 20,000 miles if you enter code AVSPWE (see post #1) LM17WB (see post #72)
$149 annual fee, not waived
No foreign transaction fees

***If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up***

additional discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...oming-u-s.html
Print Wikipost

Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by bingunginter
Does this mint.com support this account ? if yes under what name ?
I can't directly answer your question, but I can't find a way to get Quicken to support it, FWIW. I'd be OK with manually downloading but the bank seems to use an old version of the Quicken download file that doesn't seem to work either.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Annual fee waived
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
60k code still valid

is the 60k code still valid or dead?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
I can't get their website to work, when I tried to apply.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Which credit bureau do they usually pull from?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
They pulled Equifax for my wife and me (we're in Ohio FWIW). I recall seeing some other data points with EQ as well, though I don't know that it's all they use.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:24 am

Does anyone know if the 60K promo still works?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:30 pm

I just got approved and I used the promo code. Will update the DP when/if either 40k or 60k hits the account and the first spend + paying the $149. I will return!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
They pulled EQ for me too.

Applied a year back - they had questions and their system was too bothersome so I gave up. Tried this year again and the old app was still in their system preventing me from applying. Called and in the end had to apply over the phone .... approved with 20+k credit line (i'm lol/24) and they added the promo code for me. So I hope it still works. Will see in a little while (waiting for the card to arrive)

Did anyone try the 15% rebate for buying points yet? Does it work during the +140% points sales too? That would be great
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by hokiegl
Does anyone know if the 60K promo still works?
Received an email at my LifeMiles account pitching the credit card with the same offer code. Looks like it's still active, and I completed an application with it.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by blitzen
They pulled EQ for me too.

Applied a year back - they had questions and their system was too bothersome so I gave up. Tried this year again and the old app was still in their system preventing me from applying. Called and in the end had to apply over the phone .... approved with 20+k credit line (i'm lol/24) and they added the promo code for me. So I hope it still works. Will see in a little while (waiting for the card to arrive)

Did anyone try the 15% rebate for buying points yet? Does it work during the +140% points sales too? That would be great
It's not a blanket 15% on any and all purchased points. The card benefit is a 15% discount on "Multiply Your Miles" purchases:

https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/WLI/avianca.aspx#!
  • 15% discount
    on purchases of miles with Multiply Your Miles

Which is a specific program where you have to go to the following source to purchase the additional miles as a separate transaction after having earned based on the following mileage earning activities. Multiply Your Miles has its own CPM rate that may or may not be the same as the underlying earning activities. Pure mileage purchases wouldn't seem to be eligible based on the description. I've used MYM before but as I haven't purchased miles outright recently I can't say for certain.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/ear/tr...eemymproc.aspx

You can choose between the miles you've obtained in the last 12 months in your flights with Avianca, the ones obtained by using your Avianca LifeMiles credit or debit cards or the miles obtained with our wide network of Commercial Partners
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by mhdena
Might depend on state. Just applied a few days ago from CA, and they pulled Equifax.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by soartoday
Might depend on state. Just applied a few days ago from CA, and they pulled Equifax.
Very limited data points with this bank it seems, but my own experience (Ohio) and the few DPs I've seen here and on Doctor of Credit have all been Equifax FWIW. Could still vary by state like you said, not much to go one at this point. Worth the pull though with such an easy bonus IMHO.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Got my card, called the automated line to activate and when I tried to use it the card was declined. Created my online account ... all looked good. Downloaded Crd Rule to give me alerts etc which only showed that the card was denied when I tried to use it but not why.
called and the regular customer service rep asked me for a security code ... so I said what everyone would say “Hmm what?”.... so she connected me to what was the fraud department (I think) he looked at my card and told me to call after 12 est to get a security investigator. So I did and he wanted a pic of a bill and my ID to unblock my account and gave me an email to send it to. So I did minutes later and in the afternoon my Amazon purchase using the card went through.
lots of work to get the card working and I wonder why they approved the card and then did the fraud check ... isn’t it normally the other way around?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:49 am

First statement must have closed as the 60k bonus showed up for a $10 charge

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.