Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garkman
Avianca Vuela Visa Card
https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!

40,000 miles after first purchase
Plus an extra 20,000 miles if you enter code AVSPWE (see post #1) LM17WB (see post #72)
$149 annual fee, not waived
No foreign transaction fees

***If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up***

additional discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...oming-u-s.html
Print Wikipost

Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Are churners able to get this card? Mom and myself got rejected. Does calling for reconsideration help?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Are churners able to get this card? Mom and myself got rejected. Does calling for reconsideration help?
I am at 30+/24 and I got it but the paperwork required was more than any other card I have ever received. W-2, employment verification letter, check stubs, etc. They also gave me a $50k credit limit and I have to send them a letter to get it reduced. Odd bank.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:44 pm

made one spend, paid the fee and balance and the 60k posted so apparently the bonus offer code is still valid.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: Loyalty? I go where the points and status are!
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
made one spend, paid the fee and balance and the 60k posted so apparently the bonus offer code is still valid.
have they removed the offer code box? I can't find it anywhere in the application..
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by oziman
have they removed the offer code box? I can't find it anywhere in the application..
It was there a month ago but as I recall it wasn't obvious so you had to look for it. No idea about now but with PR being so messed up I wouldn't bother with it right now.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by oziman
see post 42 for your answer.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by muji
I myself have not yet applied. But I've seen in the application (step 2 of 3: Financial Information), there's a place there to enter a "promo code".

Not sure if that code is still working. Does anyone know?
Financial Information is now 3 of 4. I am not seeing a place to input the promo code there, or anywhere else on the application. Is anyone else able to find the promo code box?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: csp chase sw chase united barclay hilton citi aa
bump

Originally Posted by kba25
Financial Information is now 3 of 4. I am not seeing a place to input the promo code there, or anywhere else on the application. Is anyone else able to find the promo code box?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:50 pm

Can't find the promo code box either. Looks like this offer is dead.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234
Can't find the promo code box either. Looks like this offer is dead.
I could find the promo code box. It is under the "Enter your membership number" section, but when I put in AVSPWE, I'm asked to enter a valid code or leave it blank. 40K miles for $159 is too much for me.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I could find the promo code box. It is under the "Enter your membership number" section, but when I put in AVSPWE, I'm asked to enter a valid code or leave it blank. 40K miles for $159 is too much for me.
I'm getting the same result with the promo code unfortunately.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone have experience cancelling the card yet after their first anniversary?

Update: Painless cancel, although had to call, no SM option.

Last edited by frudd38; Jan 6, 2018 at 2:04 pm
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I cancelled my card back in early December with no issue. However, when I went today to reapply for a new card I got a message stating that I already have a card open/application pending. DId anyone else get this and if so, how do I get around it?

thanks
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oneworld82
I cancelled my card back in early December with no issue. However, when I went today to reapply for a new card I got a message stating that I already have a card open/application pending. DId anyone else get this and if so, how do I get around it?

thanks
I know nothing about this specific bank, I but I do know that at some other banks you have to either wait 3+ months after cancelling, or wait until the canceled card drops off of the website, before you can apply without having problems with the bank confusing it with a previous card still being open.

Banks tend to close cards in multiple steps. For example, I just saw a thread in the Citi forum where people have gotten statements from Citi months (and in one case as long as a year) after closing the card. For another example, BofA doesn't free up any credit limit left on a cancelled card for more than a year afterwards (thus at BofA everyone who knows that gets in the habit of lowering their credit limit as much as possible before cancelling).
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by chicago747

1) last 2 pay stubs
2) 2015 W2
3) employment verification letter from my company
sheet like this makes me go meh and forget about it. Not because I can't get these out to them but because they treat you like a bottom feeder. Getting employment verification letter? maybe at my first job straight out of college, but not when I have perfect credit score and credit lines of 100K with zero debt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.