Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garkman
Avianca Vuela Visa Card
https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!

40,000 miles after first purchase
Plus an extra 20,000 miles if you enter code AVSPWE (see post #1) LM17WB (see post #72)
$149 annual fee, not waived
No foreign transaction fees

***If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up***

additional discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...oming-u-s.html
Print Wikipost

Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by PedroNY
Any luck with that? I am debating if I should wait 90 or 180 days to go for Round #2.

Cheers,

PedroNY
no luck - got approved and then immediately turned down. very bizarre
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
no luck - got approved and then immediately turned down. very bizarre
I'll try it at 180+ day window. Thank you for your response.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:11 am

I have no idea how anyone here is actually getting approved for this card. I can't even complete the application process because it's so glitchy.
When I fill out the application and attempt to proceed, I get the following error message:

please enter a valid email address

Mind you, my email address IS valid!
To make Banco Popular happy, I entered one my other email addresses that I rarely use, but no luck. Same stubborn error message.

I finally gave up in disgust. It's one thing to be unable to get a card due to bad credit, or other legitimate factors, it's quite another when it's due to an application page that is dysfunctional beyond repair.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA, Alaska, Hilton, Marriott
Has anyone closed this card yet? I was approved 2/6/17 and looking to clean up and close a few cards. Also wondering if anyone has attempted to churn it yet?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:44 pm

I recently tried to apply for second card but I was declined. I opened the first one about six months ago, and didn't close it before trying to apply for the second. I haven't received the decline letter from the bank yet, but my assumption is that they don't allow two cards at once. I'll add more details to the thread once I get the letter with the decline reasons.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Just got approved for this today hopefully it works out
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by PedroNY
I'll try it at 180+ day window. Thank you for your response.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Pedro, what CB did they pull for you in New York? Did you go for second?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Still haven't been able to use the card even though approved in June and had the card sent in the mail, sent in a bunch of documents and still waiting
muji likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:28 pm

After more than a month my saga is over. I was declined for my first purchase and then told my account was under investigation and I would be sent a letter or given a call (never happened). I kept calling 2-3 times a week until in mid July I was told to send in passport and utility bill and bank statement for proof of address. Then I was told 5 days, then 10 days, then three weeks for the documents to be reviewed. After exactly three weeks and being put on hold for half an hour the block was lifted. Just made my first and ONLY purchase. Do not get this card unless you have gotten every other card worth getting.
muji likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:35 pm

Is the 60k offer still alive? If so, where do you input the offer code?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese
60k points showed up on lifemiles.com the next day...This one was a winner!
Originally Posted by srdshelly
No issues here so far...60k posted.
Originally Posted by md125
Statement closed a few days ago, got the 60K bonus the next day.
About half the posters in this thread have had major issues with the application process; you three have not.

My question is: Have any of you been able to use your miles for award flights...and how has that process been?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
Is the 60k offer still alive? If so, where do you input the offer code?
I myself have not yet applied. But I've seen in the application (step 2 of 3: Financial Information), there's a place there to enter a "promo code".

Not sure if that code is still working. Does anyone know?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:04 pm

Applied and approved for a $50k credit limit (ridiculous) pending additional documentation. Sent multiple documents including two months worth of pay stubs, W-2 for two years, and they still are holding me up waiting on an employment verification letter from the employer on the W-2's and the pay stubs. Will update if/when the bonus posts. This will be a one and done with this bank. At LOL/24 with 8 hard pulls on TU. They pulled TU and Experian.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
Applied and approved for a $50k credit limit (ridiculous) pending additional documentation. Sent multiple documents including two months worth of pay stubs, W-2 for two years, and they still are holding me up waiting on an employment verification letter from the employer on the W-2's and the pay stubs. Will update if/when the bonus posts. This will be a one and done with this bank. At LOL/24 with 8 hard pulls on TU. They pulled TU and Experian.
You might not get a response for 6 months based on the current situation there
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik
You might not get a response for 6 months based on the current situation there
uploaded the additional info and received card a week later. made the spend and CSR verified the 60k bonus offer. Waiting on miles to post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.