Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garkman
Avianca Vuela Visa Card
https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!

40,000 miles after first purchase
Plus an extra 20,000 miles if you enter code AVSPWE (see post #1) LM17WB (see post #72)
$149 annual fee, not waived
No foreign transaction fees

***If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up***

additional discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...oming-u-s.html
Print Wikipost

Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by tedyoung
Just got approved for the Vuela Visa with 40k credit limit but it didn't state number of miles received (I used LM17WB).
I also tried applying for the Vida Visa a few minutes after but received the following: "Our records indicate that you have an application in process or an existing Avianca credit card account; therefore, you are unable to apply at this time."
Instant approval?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:20 pm

Yep, instant approval!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Yep, instant approval!
Can I ask what your credit score is and if you are a churner?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
I wonder how many people got instant approvals vs request for more doc and the reason for that
A survey feature here would really help answer this question.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:48 am

Just got approved for the Vuela Visa with 40k credit limit but it didn't state number of miles received (I used LM17WB).
I also tried applying for the Vida Visa a few minutes after but received the following: "Our records indicate that you have an application in process or an existing Avianca credit card account; therefore, you are unable to apply at this time."
Only 1 Banco Popular Lifemiles card account allowed. Is this your first Banco Popular Lifemiles CC?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:36 pm

Yep, this was my first time applying for any product with this bank.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:33 am

Any tips or data points from those that were instantly approved? Planning my next AOR and on the fence about this card...sending W2's, pay stubs, et al seem like a bit much for a personal card. I don't need a 50K line of credit!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Any tips or data points from those that were instantly approved? Planning my next AOR and on the fence about this card...sending W2's, pay stubs, et al seem like a bit much for a personal card. I don't need a 50K line of credit!
I was instantly approved for a CL about 4x my monthly spending, more than I'll ever need. High income, 800 FAKO. But it was my first time. I don't know if they'd subject me to more checks if I went for a second or third.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:17 am

Update: Decided to roll the dice and was instantly approved for the Avianca Vuela card. Only a measly $1300 CL, but I'm not complaining because that's really all I need
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Update: Decided to roll the dice and was instantly approved for the Avianca Vuela card. Only a measly $1300 CL, but I'm not complaining because that's really all I need
First time? Or have you had the card before?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
First time? Or have you had the card before?

First time. Had no idea this card was even rechurnable
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:10 am

Argh, can't get past the first page after entering my personal info - error
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:14 am

Data point: Both my wife got instantly approved. 800+ credit scores, heavy churners. I entered the bonus code: LM17WB but did not get a confirmation at the final submission page of the 60k. It only stated 40k. Time will tell if the 60k bonus will post.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by michaelr
Data point: Both my wife got instantly approved. 800+ credit scores, heavy churners. I entered the bonus code: LM17WB but did not get a confirmation at the final submission page of the 60k. It only stated 40k. Time will tell if the 60k bonus will post.
Both of you are first customers with Banco Popular?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Wife and I both were instantly approved a few days ago. They pulled Equifax for both of us (we're in Ohio). $20K CL. 800+ for both of us with no prior relationship with Banco Popular.

I did have trouble on mine getting past the personal information page. It seems that, for whatever reason, their system didn't like my cell phone number (it texts you a security code to proceed once you click to continue from the personal info page). At least I think that's what the problem was, as I never got their text and once I switched cell numbers it went through OK. Hard to tell with this goofy bank's systems but may be worth trying for those having trouble with that step.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.