Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 29, 19, 5:48 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: garkman
Wiki Link
Avianca Vuela Visa Card
https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!

40,000 miles after first purchase
Plus an extra 20,000 miles if you enter code AVSPWE (see post #1) LM17WB (see post #72)
$149 annual fee, not waived
No foreign transaction fees

***If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up***

additional discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...oming-u-s.html
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 9, 17, 12:11 pm
  #16  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 252
Originally Posted by oneworld82 View Post
Has anyone received the 60k bonus yet?
Haven't received the dang credit card yet and it's been about 2.5 weeks since card was formally approved.
Terminator8 is offline  
Old Jan 9, 17, 1:27 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 201
I applied in mid-December and I was rejected. But I never received a letter giving the reason. I rarely get rejected ( now that I figured how to get Barclay cards again), so based on what I read in earlier posts about Banco Popular extensive checking of income, I can only guess that they didn't like the fact that I am retired and gave my telephone number as the employer's.
walterj is offline  
Old Jan 9, 17, 3:23 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 69
Got the card a few weeks ago. They asked for W-2s, paystubs and an employment verification letter from my employer.

No miles posted yet, I assume that will come after the first statement period.
md125 is offline  
Old Jan 10, 17, 7:59 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 21
Spouse and I both

Last edited by RoyaleWithCheese; Jan 17, 18 at 2:12 pm
RoyaleWithCheese is offline  
Old Jan 16, 17, 1:28 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Programs: Many
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Spouse and I both applied/approved with the 60k promo code. First statement closed a few days ago, 60k points showed up on lifemiles.com the next day. We did make and pay for first purchase and pay annual fee while within that first statement cycle. This one was a winner!
No issues here so far. Automatic approval, no hassle, made a small purchase, 60k posted within 48 hours of first statement closing.
srdshelly is offline  
Old Jan 17, 17, 11:06 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 93
Does anyone know if one can close the card after receiving the bonus to avoid the annual fee? I just received mine and am wondering if I should try. ;-)
gmangg is offline  
Old Jan 17, 17, 11:58 pm
  #22  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 252
Originally Posted by gmangg View Post
Does anyone know if one can close the card after receiving the bonus to avoid the annual fee? I just received mine and am wondering if I should try. ;-)
Yes try. Wait till points post, and cancel card within 30 days of AF posting. When you call to cancel, tell them you thought the AF was waived the first year. When they refuse to waive it, tell them you have no choice but to cancel and that you expect the AF to be refunded.
Terminator8 is offline  
Old Jan 18, 17, 12:13 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 93
I just called. They will refund the fee if one calls after the first statement hits. There was no discussion of a clawback or anything of that nature. Score!

Originally Posted by Terminator8 View Post
Yes try. Wait till points post, and cancel card within 30 days of AF posting. When you call to cancel, tell them you thought the AF was waived the first year. When they refuse to waive it, tell them you have no choice but to cancel and that you expect the AF to be refunded.
gmangg is offline  
Old Jan 18, 17, 7:47 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 69
Originally Posted by md125 View Post
Got the card a few weeks ago. They asked for W-2s, paystubs and an employment verification letter from my employer.

No miles posted yet, I assume that will come after the first statement period.
Statement closed a few days ago, got the 60K bonus the next day.
md125 is offline  
Old Jan 19, 17, 12:42 pm
  #25  
soy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DUB-BOS
Programs: mostly hotels, some airline
Posts: 2,613
Agghhh, declined after they failed to verify my identity during the application process. Called up and told I have to wait for the rejection letter and then reply to that. I am rarely declined so kinda surprised.

Has anyone managed to get approved after being declined for this reason?
soy is offline  
Old Jan 19, 17, 1:26 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 638
Originally Posted by soy View Post
Agghhh, declined after they failed to verify my identity during the application process. Called up and told I have to wait for the rejection letter and then reply to that. I am rarely declined so kinda surprised.

Has anyone managed to get approved after being declined for this reason?
yes, and got a second hardpull as a result, but did get approved
ukinny2000 is offline  
Old Jan 23, 17, 1:40 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 638
Originally Posted by ukinny2000 View Post
yes, and got a second hardpull as a result, but did get approved
And it seems the promo code was misapplied so only got 40K - dangnabbit. Ok, time to test out the churnability of this card then
ukinny2000 is offline  
Old Jan 30, 17, 9:46 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Programs: AA EP, SPG Plat
Posts: 2,232
Anyone have issues registering the card for online access? I keep getting "invalid" info after submitting the details..
frudd38 is online now  
Old Feb 2, 17, 1:14 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by frudd38 View Post
Anyone have issues registering the card for online access? I keep getting "invalid" info after submitting the details..
https://www.myonlinecreditcard.com
xal1124 is offline  
Old Feb 7, 17, 9:52 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 780
Originally Posted by ukinny2000 View Post
And it seems the promo code was misapplied so only got 40K - dangnabbit. Ok, time to test out the churnability of this card then
Any luck with that? I am debating if I should wait 90 or 180 days to go for Round #2.

Cheers,

PedroNY
PedroNY is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: