Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garkman
Avianca Vuela Visa Card
https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!

40,000 miles after first purchase
Plus an extra 20,000 miles if you enter code AVSPWE (see post #1) LM17WB (see post #72)
$149 annual fee, not waived
No foreign transaction fees

***If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up***

additional discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...oming-u-s.html
Print Wikipost

Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by odom4president
its been 5 days since i got the statement but the miles still haven't appeared on my account, i'm starting to wonder if i'll have to manually reach out to the bank?
Probably wouldn't hurt
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Just a datapoint: My first statement closed two days ago and the 40K bonus miles were reflected on the statement. Today, they are in my Lifemiles account!

BTW - anyone have any experience with getting this card to work with the Banco Popular app?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Probably wouldn't hurt
So, I just realized that in addition to the miles from my 1st statement not posting to my lifemiles account , I was only credited 40,000 miles instead of the 60,000 miles for the sign up bonus. I made sure to use promo code "SB4060".
Just sent the bank an email since the call center is closed. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
So, I just realized that in addition to the miles from my 1st statement not posting to my lifemiles account , I was only credited 40,000 miles instead of the 60,000 miles for the sign up bonus. I made sure to use promo code "SB4060".
Just sent the bank an email since the call center is closed. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly.
Yeah I hope so. If not, just keep on them about it. Let us know how it goes!
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
My statement closed on 8/15 and still no LifeMiles. Statement also only shows 40k LifeMiles instead of 60k....

I'll wait a few more days and call when I have some time
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by financialhippie
My statement closed on 8/15 and still no LifeMiles. Statement also only shows 40k LifeMiles instead of 60k....

I'll wait a few more days and call when I have some time
So i gave them a call and they said the miles from the statement credit to the Lifemiles account at the beginning of each month.
My statement also closed on 8/15 so they said I should see them 9/1.

Also, I forgot that the 60k bonus is split up into 40k initially and 20K (after spending $1k). So, i should see the additional 20k points on my next statement.
financialhippie likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by OskiBear
Just a datapoint: My first statement closed two days ago and the 40K bonus miles were reflected on the statement. Today, they are in my Lifemiles account!

BTW - anyone have any experience with getting this card to work with the Banco Popular app?
Is this your first Banco Popular Lifemiles card?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:48 pm

So i gave them a call and they said the miles from the statement credit to the Lifemiles account at the beginning of each month.
My statement also closed on 8/15 so they said I should see them 9/1.

Also, I forgot that the 60k bonus is split up into 40k initially and 20K (after spending $1k). So, i should see the additional 20k points on my next statement.
First or second Banco Popular Lifemiles credit card?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by 84fiero
You won't get anything specifically stating the bonus amount.

I haven't seen anyone being able to waive the 1st year AF and highly doubt the bank would do so. Even requests for waiving the 2nd year AF as a retention measure have met with mixed results.
YMMV.......I was lucky a few years ago with Banco Popular on waiving the first years annual fee.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BONDMI6
Is this your first Banco Popular Lifemiles card?
Yes - my first one
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:51 pm

If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up. I also switched from FF to Chrome when it worked, but 99% sure it was the mobile number that fixed it, which they send a text verification to.
84fiero likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by BONDMI6
YMMV.......I was lucky a few years ago with Banco Popular on waiving the first years annual fee.
what did you say when you asked to get the first year fee waived? i assumed you called?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:25 am

what did you say when you asked to get the first year fee waived? i assumed you called?
I called and explained that I want to reduce annual fee expenses.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by INDFlyer
I applied for this card in Nov 2018 and got approved. The 60,000 miles was showing on my Dec 15th statement and till now the miles did not post in my Lifemiles account I have sent an email to their customer support and they are following up with the issue.
did you get your miles? how long till they posted?

looks like i'm in the same boat, miles showed up on my 8/15 statement, last week i called and they said they will show up in my LM account at the beginning of Sept, today I checked and no miles in LM account so i called and they said they have to open a case and i should call them after 10 business days for an update,,, pretty disappointing start with this card so far...
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by garkman
If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up. I also switched from FF to Chrome when it worked, but 99% sure it was the mobile number that fixed it, which they send a text verification to.
Still isn't fixing it for me. I'm using address exactly as on my EQ report along with mobile number (I don't even have a landline), and still get this error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.