Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garkman
Avianca Vuela Visa Card
https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!

40,000 miles after first purchase
Plus an extra 20,000 miles if you enter code AVSPWE (see post #1) LM17WB (see post #72)
$149 annual fee, not waived
No foreign transaction fees

***If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up***

additional discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...oming-u-s.html
Print Wikipost

Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: AA,BA,DEL,SPG,MAR
Missing 60k LifeMiles

I applied & was accepted for a Lifemiles Vuela credit card in October with a 60,000 LifeMiles bonus included after the 1st purchase. I was billed $149 for membership on 11-15-18 and made the 1st purchase on 11-25-18.It's now 3 months later and the 60,000 points have not posted to my LifeMiles account.

Called the Banco Popular 3 times they stated they reported the qualifying event to LifeMiles December 10 2018. Banco Popular stated that it is up to LifeMiles to post the points.

Called LifeMiles 3 times they stated that its up to the bank to see that the points are received.

Both Banco Popular & LifeMiles are pointing fingers at each other. My impression is that neither cares. I see the real possibility that these miles will never post.

Any suggestions?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: AA,BA,DEL,SPG,MAR
INDflyer

Did you ever get your miles?

Guido88
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I have closed this account today after holding for 2 years. How long does one have to wait to re-apply and get another bonus?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by navatwal
I have closed this account today after holding for 2 years. How long does one have to wait to re-apply and get another bonus?
Thus far the card is not known to be churnable, unfortunately.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Does LM17WB still work? i notice the app form still takes the code
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:39 pm

60k promo no longer valid, form submission with the promo code errors out.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
ViewFromTheWing just pointed out how to still get 60k

Right now – through September 30 – you can earn an additional 20,000 miles after spending $1000 on the card within 90 days when you applyand add SB4060 in the promo code box under additional information at the bottom of the application (HT: One Mile at a Time).

Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:59 pm

When you receive the card or go thru the online portal does it mention your lifemiles account number? I just want to make sure i inputted the correct number on my card
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Guido88
INDflyer

Did you ever get your miles?

Guido88
did you ever resolve this issue? and did you check if you inputted the correct lifemiles account number?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
When you receive the card or go thru the online portal does it mention your lifemiles account number? I just want to make sure i inputted the correct number on my card
By "online portal" do you mean the credit card application page? Yes, there is a place to enter your Lifemiles number in the application.

I closed my card several months back...I don't recall that it had my Lifemiles number on the physical card, but I can't say for sure if I'm remembering correctly.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:51 pm

oh I meant the website where you login to view transactions and make online payments
Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
oh I meant the website where you login to view transactions and make online payments
Your LifeMiles number is not on the credit card. It isn't like for example an AMEX Delta or a United Club card.

If it's visible on the website I've never seen it. The website itself is functional but quite spartan.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by ratracer
Your LifeMiles number is not on the credit card. It isn't like for example an AMEX Delta or a United Club card.

If it's visible on the website I've never seen it. The website itself is functional but quite spartan.
I don't recall it being on the bank site either, though I don't think I specifically looked for it. Yeah the bank site does the basics but not anything more - I could never even get Quicken downloads to work properly.

happyvoid if you entered your number in the credit card application, you should be fine. My wife and I had no problems with the correct Lifemiles number being linked when the card was issued, and I haven't seen anyone report any problems with that. But if you want 100% confirmation you'll probably have to either call Banco Popular or just wait for your statement to close to see the miles post.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:11 pm

got approved yesterday and used promo code "SB4060",,, however I haven't received any confirmation that the bonus would be 60K points,,, did anyone else receive such confirmation? also, anyone recently have luck getting the first year AF waived?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by odom4president
got approved yesterday and used promo code "SB4060",,, however I haven't received any confirmation that the bonus would be 60K points,,, did anyone else receive such confirmation? also, anyone recently have luck getting the first year AF waived?
You won't get anything specifically stating the bonus amount.

I haven't seen anyone being able to waive the 1st year AF and highly doubt the bank would do so. Even requests for waiving the 2nd year AF as a retention measure have met with mixed results.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.