Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Targeted: Barclays Aviator $2,500 x 6 mon (Nov 2016-Apr 2017) = 30,000 bonus AA miles

Targeted: Barclays Aviator $2,500 x 6 mon (Nov 2016-Apr 2017) = 30,000 bonus AA miles

Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Update: the manager I spoke with yesterday did call back to tell me today that because the payments did not POST in the calendar month (even though the website shows transaction date within Feb) I did not meet the spend by ~$1000k in the month of Feb.

I called back again and re read the T&C from my email where it notes transactions must be made during the calendar month and after another manager to manager escalation they did agree to grant the 30k points which they said should post this week.

Be careful. Multiple managers confirmed transaction eligibility is based off of posting date (which is not noted anywhere in the T&C) and directed me to the Spend Analyzer on the website to track the amount and whether I am meeting the criteria. The issue I have with this is that it can be use to track in the past, but in the month of Feb, how am I to know how long it takes each transaction to post and whether it will post before the end of the month? Note: It's not like I spent $1000 all on 2/28.

Happy that this is finally resolved but not pleased with this promo 'loophole'
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by maewest

Happy that this is finally resolved but not pleased with this promo 'loophole'
I wouldn't be too happy yet...until you see and confirm and re-confirm that those miles are safely in your account!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
30k miles appeared on the Barclays online statement this morning which is a very good sign.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
I have an open case and mine still hasn't been resolved. Looks like I need to make a phone call.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by maewest
30k miles appeared on the Barclays online statement this morning which is a very good sign.
LOL, my 30,000 has appeared on my Barclay statement for two days, but still not deposited into AA. They keep us waiting until the bitter end!'
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by cheaptom
LOL, my 30,000 has appeared on my Barclay statement for two days, but still not deposited into AA. They keep us waiting until the bitter end!'
My bonus has gone through. Good luck to everyone else who still is waiting. My only advice is to not give up. You need to call and call until someone understands your point of view.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:19 pm

I contacted Barclay after not seeing the bonus promo.
I checked my spendings after returns and other credits to make sure they are all above $2500 and their spending analyzer confirms my calcuation.

A nice lady answered and she told me I wasn't eligible because I didn't opt-in. I firmly confirmed that I opted-in at least three times on their websites using the promo code since I didn't receive any confirmation email of opt-in. And I also pressed that I wouldn't spend $12,500 on a card without making sure I'm opted-in and there are other people who are having the same issues.

She was very understanding and tried to solve it. After talking to her manager, she's going to escalate this and someone from retention department in NV will contact me in 24-48 hours. Let's see what happens.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
After spending 45 minutes on the phone last night, I think we may have this resolves for us. We definitely opted in although they said we did not. I may sure that we spend more than $2500 each month, sometimes spending about $5000-$6000. The first person we spoke to was a BOZO. After speaking to a manager and insisting that we met the spend, he said that the bonus miles will show up on our next statement.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:54 pm

I too have been waiting for bonus to post. Several back and forth emails and the response was that I never registered for the promotion. I absolutely did! In fact I even went online a few days later to the registration page and it indicated "enrolled". Barclay won't budge unless I send proof. I did not take a screen shot! I spent 6 months methodically organizing my spend on this card which normally sits in my sock drawer. Do I have any recourse?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by wertpavel
I too have been waiting for bonus to post. Several back and forth emails and the response was that I never registered for the promotion. I absolutely did! In fact I even went online a few days later to the registration page and it indicated "enrolled". Barclay won't budge unless I send proof. I did not take a screen shot! I spent 6 months methodically organizing my spend on this card which normally sits in my sock drawer. Do I have any recourse?
Don't try to handle this via email.

Call them and then get supervisor.

Mine was resolved in one call (or at least seems to be). The lady escalated to supervisor, who advised her to send this info to "retention department." Retention department called me in 2 days, and told me although they don't see me opted in, they'll grant me the bonus 30,000 miles, which will show up in the next statement. I'm waiting for the next statement to be issued to see the bonus 30,000, but the lady I spoke with assured me that she sees 30,000 miles in her end.

So call instead of email.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by wertpavel
I filed a CFPB complaint, I got a letter in the mail a week or so later stating that my miles would show up on the next statement....we'll see.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:12 pm

I complained both via email and phone, and was rejected. When I asked for a supervisor, I was told one would call within 48 hours but would give me the same answer. Instead of another rejection, the call produced both an apology and a promise that the 30,000 miles would be visible on my next statement. They were, and they appeared on my Advantage account a day or two later. I thought that was the end of it, but last week I unexpectedly received a letter with another apology and a promise of 10,000 miles. Too early to know if those miles will actually post.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:36 am

There's a good chance you'll get the extra 10k as well... I was offered an extra 15k apology and one statement later both the 30k and 15k posted to my AA account. Lots of hoops to jump through but satisfied with the final outcome.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:04 am

My sister didn't receive hers and was told she didn't register. She called 3 different times. She didn't persue and just forgot about it.

Well to her surprise 30,000 miles appeared in her account yesterday! Maybe that CFPB complaint helped others too. Thanks.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by slack455
I filed a CFPB complaint, I got a letter in the mail a week or so later stating that my miles would show up on the next statement....we'll see.
Miles posted on my wife's last statement a few days ago. CFPB complaint definitely helped.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.