Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Targeted: Barclays Aviator $2,500 x 6 mon (Nov 2016-Apr 2017) = 30,000 bonus AA miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted: Barclays Aviator $2,500 x 6 mon (Nov 2016-Apr 2017) = 30,000 bonus AA miles

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by lobo411
I received an offer from Barclay's today for 10,000 miles if I spend $750/mo in May, June, and July.
I also got this offer, lower spend amount, shorter time, higher return!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Does anyone happen to have a copy of this offer or a link to the exact wording, including the fine print? I'm in a disagreement with Barclay because of differing math over how much I spent in one of the months.
Hi - do you still need this? I'm assuming your dispute is probably resolved one way or the other by now but I do have one of the emails for the offer which does include fine print.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
I wanted to bump this thread to see if any of those who qualified are still waiting on points to post since we are now wrapping up week 8 of the 6-8 weeks post promo close. Very frustrating as I called when promo ended to confirm I did qualify for the bonus (I did).

Every time I call regarding this promo they can never seem to locate it, then once they do, it takes a long time to re confirm that I did meet the monthly requirements. They opened a case to manually post the miles to my account but I'm assuming there are likely others that will need to request as well as points aren't auto posting.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:50 pm

I too am waiting. An inquiry produced a seemingly encouraging response--"Upon review, we are pleased to confirm that your account was eligible to receive 30,000 miles for spending $2,500.00 each month from November 1, 2016 to April 30, 2017. Our records show that you have met the spending requirement and will receive the bonus miles within 8 weeks after the end of the promotion"--but no miles yet. Eight weeks from April 30 is June 25.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
I inquired today about missing points on my account. I definitely spent the required amount. I was told that required opt in date was November 30th and they are saying that I didn't opt in. That is total CRAP. I always make sure I opt in but how do I prove that!!?? They say they have submitted a case but cannot guarantee that they will give me the points. Has anyone else ran across this??
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Carter29072
I inquired today about missing points on my account. I definitely spent the required amount. I was told that required opt in date was November 30th and they are saying that I didn't opt in. That is total CRAP. I always make sure I opt in but how do I prove that!!?? They say they have submitted a case but cannot guarantee that they will give me the points. Has anyone else ran across this??
This happened to me. You may want to call back and ask them to absolutely-positively verify that the opt-in was REQUIRED. (As opposed to you were automatically enrolled in this offer.)
I was on the phone with them for about 45 minutes last month going over this and I heard the same thing as you: "You did not enroll." I kept insisting and ask them repeatedly to keep trying. Finally, after they transferred me around they came back said that the reason they couldn't find my enrollment is because I was automatically entered without having to enroll. All went well after that.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by maewest
Hi - do you still need this? I'm assuming your dispute is probably resolved one way or the other by now but I do have one of the emails for the offer which does include fine print.
I think my issue is resolved, but still I'd love to see the offer if you have it. Just in case I have to continue my case.

Can you please post here or PM me? thanks
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Originally Posted by cheaptom
This happened to me. You may want to call back and ask them to absolutely-positively verify that the opt-in was REQUIRED. (As opposed to you were automatically enrolled in this offer.)
I was on the phone with them for about 45 minutes last month going over this and I heard the same thing as you: "You did not enroll." I kept insisting and ask them repeatedly to keep trying. Finally, after they transferred me around they came back said that the reason they couldn't find my enrollment is because I was automatically entered without having to enroll. All went well after that.
I looked at the mailing that I received and the opt-in was required. Although I have no proof that I did it, I ALWAYS make sure that I do this before I bother putting the spend on the card. 30,000 miles is a lot of miles and I'm gonna be pretty ticked off if they don't give me the miles after I put all the spending on there each month. I will definitely cancel the card.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:17 pm

I looked at the mailing that I received and the opt-in was required. Although I have no proof that I did it, I ALWAYS make sure that I do this before I bother putting the spend on the card. 30,000 miles is a lot of miles and I'm gonna be pretty ticked off if they don't give me the miles after I put all the spending on there each month. I will definitely cancel the card.
I believe you. My situation was identical. I even called after I enrolled to verify that I was enrolled. They verified I was all set, and then 5 months later, they said i never enrolled.

I am positive I opted in, for the same exact reason you did. I went from spending 0 per month on that card to $3K a month, and then later they said "You never signed up. Sorry, no points." I was angry of course and was going to cancel the card. But the more they kept saying "you never enrolled" the more I pushed back. And then finally they told me that somehow I had been automatically enrolled.

I have always had bad luck with these promotions, to the point where I enroll on a Monday and I now call them Tuesday to ensure that they note my enrollment on the account. Typically they say something like, "We don't have to note your account. We show you are definitely enrolled." But then 5 months later, and there is not record.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:02 am

I had the same issue with this bonus promo, I am pretty sure I opted in, but they say I didn't. From the responses I've received from Barclays it seems like they will be honoring the promo, but I have not received miles yet.

Originally Posted by Barclaycard Secure Message
We are pleased to advise that you have met the required spending of $2,500.00 for November 1, 2016 through April 30, 2017. We show that you did not opt into the program within the allotted time; however, we have submitted a new case 3XXXXXXX to request that the bonus miles be added to your account. Please note that cases typically take 7 to 10 business days to be completed but may take up to 60 days to be completed.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by slack455
I had the same issue with this bonus promo, I am pretty sure I opted in, but they say I didn't. From the responses I've received from Barclays it seems like they will be honoring the promo, but I have not received miles yet.
I am glad they are giving you the points. It's the right thing to do.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:53 pm

Ten days ago from Barclays:"Our records show that you have met the spending requirement and will receive the bonus miles within 8 weeks after the end of the promotion." Today from Barclays: "we regret to inform you that you are not enrolled in that offer as we do not show you opted in." Called and a new case submitted. My notes say that I registered on October 22. We shall see, supposedly within two weeks.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:05 pm

For those who were enrolled, we did receive an email every month with 6 months of check boxes saying 'You're on the right path!' as spend was met. Curiously, I called today to follow up on my open ticket (well after the 7-10 business days, really wish Barclays would send secure messages or reach out with resolution) and I was advised that just THIS MORNING my case from 6/23 was updated saying I did not meet spend for the month of Feb and quoted some low number like $1500.

This is extremely frustrating because not only did I confirm after hitting the $2500 in April with a representative but I also confirmed when I opened the case on 6/23 with another representative that I did meet the proper spend and should get the 30k miles. Now I'm on hold (27 mins and counting) waiting for the supervisor's supervisor (?) to confirm again that I did meet the spend after speaking to a third rep who also confirmed she can see that I did spend $2500+ in Feb. The first thing her supervisor said to me when she got on was 'I see there is a note here that unfortunately you did not meet the spend and thus do not qualify.' Do these reps not talk to eachother when transferring? Argh.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:44 pm

Update: For those waiting on miles who know they qualified - make SURE that if you have to open a ticket, the representatives are looking at TRANSACTION date vs POSTING date for charges. The person that closed my case this morning saying I did not meet spend in Feb was looking at the posted date - the manager I spoke with made the same mistake and it was only resolved after I read off the first transaction/amount of the month and the last and they realized their 'last' transaction for Feb did not match mine.

And now this supervisor needs to escalate to their supervisor (?) and I need to wait another 7-10 business days. The supervisor also said that the request to grant the miles may be declined but assured me I would be compensated 'fairly' even if they couldn't give me the 30k miles (???). I do not understand how they could deny the 30k based on posting date but I guess we will see - the Barclay website displays transaction date so I was pretty incredulous about this comment.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by maewest
This is extremely frustrating because not only did I confirm after hitting the $2500 in April with a representative but I also confirmed when I opened the case on 6/23 with another representative that I did meet the proper spend and should get the 30k miles.
In my experience, they NEVER talk to each other. The one good thing in your case is that you have all your old statements to easily prove that you DID meet the minimum spend. Worst case, you mail them photocopies with the total spends highlighted.

At least you didn't get the dreaded, "Yes, you spent enough money. However, you never opted into this program. You never called to sign up. So no bonus."
THAT ONE is real real hard to fight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.