Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page > A list of BUSINESS cards which earn miles or points.

A list of BUSINESS cards which earn miles or points.

Old Sep 25, 16, 8:38 pm

JetBlue.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetbl...-launched.html
Old Sep 25, 16, 8:44 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roundtree View Post
there don't appear to be a lot of business cards in general for foreign airlines, even with non-US banks.
I finally found the first two, and added them to post 1 above: Korean Airlines (Skypass) from US Bank, and Asiana Airlines from BofA.

Also, I'm not sure whether any FTer will be intersted, but Spirit has a business card too.

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 25, 16 at 8:52 pm
Old Sep 27, 16, 3:24 pm

instead of waiting for someone to confirm, i checked at local branch and it is still there. i don't think it is going away. they were well aware of the card.
Old Sep 28, 16, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by serpens View Post
Thanks for the quick response. And thanks for undertaking the task of listing the business cards.
concur.

One thing I would add -- if the inspiration for this is 5/24 (it's why I've been eyeing more biz cards lately), you might want to note which issuers report biz cards on personal credit reports.

Chase doesn't ignore biz cards because of some policy on their side, they're just unable to collect data on it since most major issuers don't report the cards unless there's an issue.
Old Sep 29, 16, 6:50 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ajc1970 View Post
One thing I would add -- if the inspiration for this is 5/24 (it's why I've been eyeing more biz cards lately), you might want to note which issuers report biz cards on personal credit reports.

No idea why this didn't occur to me before. Capital One has two "miles" cards that absolutely show up on your CR:

Spark Miles for Business
Spark Miles Select for Business

These are really supposed to be the business version of their Venture card (same points program). Note the language that the card is for "business owners with excellent credit". I expect that these only show up on your personal CR.
Old Sep 29, 16, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ajc1970 View Post
concur.

Chase doesn't ignore biz cards because of some policy on their side, they're just unable to collect data on it since most major issuers don't report the cards unless there's an issue.

Agreed. We need to create a DEFINITIVE list for which issuers report biz cards and which don't. And also, what if someone applies for a biz card as a sole prop using their SSN? Do we have any data points that those don't always go into the personal credit report? I don't see why they wouldn't.
Old Sep 29, 16, 4:55 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roundtree View Post

No idea why this didn't occur to me before. Capital One has two "miles" cards that absolutely show up on your CR:

Spark Miles for Business
Spark Miles Select for Business

These are really supposed to be the business version of their Venture card (same points program). Note the language that the card is for "business owners with excellent credit". I expect that these only show up on your personal CR.
That's one reason I stopped the list (at least for now) with cards that earn (a) real airline miles, (b) real hotel points, and (c) transferable points which can be turned into one of those. Capital One doesn't issue any such cards, they only issue what I call "cash back cards with the cash back limited to travel", which they misleadingly (for marketing purposes) call "miles", plus non-disguised cash back cards.

Yes, Capital One is the main bank that reports its business cards to the "big 3" bureaus (EQ, EX, TU).
Old Sep 29, 16, 5:03 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cubbies2016 View Post
And also, what if someone applies for a biz card as a sole prop using their SSN? Do we have any data points that those don't always go into the personal credit report? I don't see why they wouldn't.
That's what most FlyerTalkers who apply for business cards are, I would think, given that so many FlyerTalkers apply for business cards without really having a business.

So I don't see why people wouldn't be screaming left and right that it's not true that business cards (other than Capital One) don't report to the big three (EQ, EX, TU) credit bureaus (for cards in good standing) if what you suggested was the case. Yet I've never seen anyone speak up and say "but that business card does show up on my credit report".

Instead, everyone (including tons of people who monitor their credit reports, including tons of people who apply as sole proprietor) seems to agree that Amex, Barclay, Chase, Citi, and US Bank business cards (in good standing) don't show up on credit reports, but Capital One business cards do show up on credit reports.

I don't know why that's the standard among most banks, but it sure seems to be.
Old Sep 29, 16, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Cubbies2016 View Post
We need to create a DEFINITIVE list for which issuers report biz cards and which don't.
All You Need to Know about Credit Reporting on Business Cards
Old Oct 7, 16, 4:07 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just added Best Western to the list. It wasn't mentioned in the BW cards thread's wiki (until I added it just now), but I happened to be reviewing recent posts in that thread and saw someone mention a business card, so checked out the link in that thread's wiki, scrolled down, and there's business card.
Old Oct 19, 16, 3:36 pm

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/10/chas...referred-card/

Ink Business preferred is new card on the horizon.

80k signup bonus.

I hate 5/24.

This thread should get a sticky or add the list of business only cards to the master list under it's own header.
Old Jan 26, 17, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
That's what most FlyerTalkers who apply for business cards are, I would think, given that so many FlyerTalkers apply for business cards without really having a business.

So I don't see why people wouldn't be screaming left and right that it's not true that business cards (other than Capital One) don't report to the big three (EQ, EX, TU) credit bureaus (for cards in good standing) if what you suggested was the case. Yet I've never seen anyone speak up and say "but that business card does show up on my credit report".

Instead, everyone (including tons of people who monitor their credit reports, including tons of people who apply as sole proprietor) seems to agree that Amex, Barclay, Chase, Citi, and US Bank business cards (in good standing) don't show up on credit reports, but Capital One business cards do show up on credit reports.

I don't know why that's the standard among most banks, but it sure seems to be.
Do we know for sure that Barclays Biz cards don't count for 5/24?

This link says they do:
https://www.milevalue.com/most-busin...ase-524-count/
Old Jan 26, 17, 9:39 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34 View Post
Do we know for sure that Barclays Biz cards don't count for 5/24?

This link says they do:
https://www.milevalue.com/most-busin...ase-524-count/
That link has an incorrect summary! It links the Doctor of Credit page about the same topic as its sources, but that page only says one datapoint seems to say a Barclay business card reported back in 2011 to TU, while several other posters say they didn't report:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/which-...-cards-report/

So IMHO the link you gave should have at most put Barclay into a YMMV category, not into the same category as Capital One which everyone knows reports business cards to EQ/EX/TU.

But there don't seem to be a lot of Barclay business card datapoints. Perhaps not that many people apply for Barclay business cards? It certainly doesn't help that the US Airways business card went away a couple years ago and that while Barclay says they're going to introduce an AA Avaitor business card sometime this year, no one has seen a trace of an application so far.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 26, 17 at 9:49 pm

Search this Thread