Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Credit Card Rewards Game

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
There are many reports of targeted exceptions to the American Express once-in-a-lifetime practice. There isn't any known way to attract a targeted offer, BUT I would think that if your American Express history showed that you were a desirable customer (using the card on a regular basis for far more than the required minimum spend) it would increase your chances.
this spring I canceled my amex gold business card at 11 months, three weeks later I got a target offer for the same card spend 5k get 75k MR, reapplied, instant approval, meet spend second bonus posted for the same card with about13 months inbetween bonus posting for the first one.
as a not I have many amex cards that I used regularly and also do pay AF on a few cards.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by mia
There are many reports of targeted exceptions to the American Express once-in-a-lifetime practice. There isn't any known way to attract a targeted offer, BUT I would think that if your American Express history showed that you were a desirable customer (using the card on a regular basis for far more than the required minimum spend) it would increase your chances.
That's hardly a consolation.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joer1212
I am now ineligible for ALL Chase credit cards because of the 5/24 rule. So, no miles or points there.
Not possible, since not all Chase partner cards are subject to 5/24 yet. Not a single report of someone getting denied for 5/24 on a Hyatt or IHG card, for example.

But, of course, you may have no interest in the Chase cards that are not subject to 5/24 yet, or you may be locked out of them for other reasons (such as not being 24 months out yet from the last time you got the signup bonus).

But 5/24 by itself has not yet made you ineligible for "ALL" Chase credit cards.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Not possible, since not all Chase partner cards are subject to 5/24 yet. Not a single report of someone getting denied for 5/24 on a Hyatt or IHG card, for example.

But, of course, you may have no interest in the Chase cards that are not subject to 5/24 yet, or you may be locked out of them for other reasons (such as not being 24 months out yet from the last time you got the signup bonus).

But 5/24 by itself has not yet made you ineligible for "ALL" Chase credit cards.
I lost interest in Chase since I'm currently "banned" by the 5/24 rule. I hope their new account applications drop significantly so they can change their ways.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by joer1212
So, then it's not that I didn't "play the game right", it's that the game has fundamentally changed for the worse, no matter how it's played.
Not really. I did mean you did not play the game right.

Many offers nowadays are not targeted and will expired for a short time. Why the rush?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Instead of focusing on how much you can get from a bank and how quickly, focus on developing a long term relationship with a bank that works for you and the bank. That's the strategy that is sustainable.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Please follow discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-churning.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.