Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

My FlexPerks rewards account was compromised

Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold

Logged in last evening as I was debating whether to use FlexPerk points for an airline ticket and nearly all of my substantial number (hundreds of thousands) of points had been TRANSFERRED the day according to the point history. I was flabbergasted and called card services. The representative indicated that the transfer request was made over the phone and the notes from the representative who approved the transfer said the call sounded suspicious. This is very disconcerting in that one would have to know more information that just the account number to make such a transaction. I wish US BANK had been proactive enough to hold the transfer until after contacting me on my registered phone number to ensure this was legit. The transfer, I assume, must go to another FlexPerks account, so hopefully they can dig deeper into this. The more I think about it, I think this was an inside job. Though I was told I will get the points back in a few days, I still resent that someone may have used these points for their illegitimate gain. It also makes me wonder about the security of my CC and my checking account with US BANK. I did check those and there is no unusual activity, but it is still scary.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.