Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best credit card for China

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2015, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've had surprisingly good luck with my (chip but no pin) MasterCard recently. It works at lots of places where Visa and discover do not.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ
Hi Guys,

Any suggestions for any good credit card for a chinese resident? I could get chinese residence permit soon and I was wondering if I could get any "air miles" credit card to gain miles spending money..

Has anyone succesfully got one?

Cheers
Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: SPG Plat, A3 *A Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fedeflyer
Hi Guys,

Any suggestions for any good credit card for a chinese resident? I could get chinese residence permit soon and I was wondering if I could get any "air miles" credit card to gain miles spending money..

Has anyone succesfully got one?

Cheers
Do you mean from China bank?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by sthubbar
Do you mean from China bank?
Yes, chinese bank and/or Hong Kong bank.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Yes, chinese bank and/or Hong Kong bank.
Mainland China and Hong Kong are different.

Which exactly do you want?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by garykung
Mainland China and Hong Kong are different.

Which exactly do you want?
Yes I know. I would go for a Chinese one first because don't know if I can apply for HK one.
Thank you
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Yes I know. I would go for a Chinese one first because don't know if I can apply for HK one.
Thank you
No. Their financial systems are separated from each other.

In term of Mainland credit card, the first question is do you have the proof of income issued locally, preferably be a major firm in China? If not, do you have an airline status?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by garykung
No. Their financial systems are separated from each other.

In term of Mainland credit card, the first question is do you have the proof of income issued locally, preferably be a major firm in China? If not, do you have an airline status?
Yes I have proof of income issued locally and the only airlines status I have now is going to expire at the end of this month unfortunately.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:28 pm

In early 2016 in Shanghai I had success using my Visa chip card at Starbucks (always worked), Family Mart (worked 50% of the time), and some restaurants (ones frequented by Westerners worked obviously more reliably).

You really have to withdraw cash to have unless you're on a short business trip and you're happy eating only at the hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.