Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Capital One Spark Cards Offering up to 200,000 "Miles"

Old May 21, 2015, 8:23 am
Original Poster

The Capital One Spark Cash is offering $500 cash bonus and the Capital One Spark Miles is offering 50,000 miles, both are after $4,500 in spend within three months. Be warned that Capital One pulls all three bureaus, but they should approve you with one frozen. It's also possible to combine multiple inquiries so you could maybe also apply for the Capital One Venture as well at same time (both applications must be approved in the same day to be combined).

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-car...ss/spark-cash/

My thoughts can be found here.

This post contains a link to my blog, I've included all relevant information as per flyertalk rules.
Old May 21, 2015, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
The Capital One Spark Cash is offering $500 cash bonus and the Capital One Spark Miles is offering 50,000 miles, both are after $4,500 in spend within three months. Be warned that Capital One pulls all three bureaus, but they should approve you with one frozen. It's also possible to combine multiple inquiries so you could maybe also apply for the Capital One Venture as well at same time (both applications must be approved in the same day to be combined).

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-car...ss/spark-cash/

My thoughts can be found here.

This post contains a link to my blog, I've included all relevant information as per flyertalk rules.
Thanks! Just got approved! Let the miles roll in!
Old May 21, 2015, 12:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Previous discussions:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...h-3-pulls.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...es-change.html
Old May 21, 2015, 1:19 pm

“Existing or previous Spark cardholders may not be eligible for this one-time bonus.”

Any idea what the “May not be eligible” entails? I just got approved and bonused on this card within the last three months. Next week I should be ok to apply for a couple more cards. If there is any data on two approval/bonuses for this card it would be great to know.
Thank you
Old May 22, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
I'm interested in applying for one of these (and a Venture to combine the credit pulls), but I can't find any discussion on how CapOne views "sole proprietors" applying for business cards. Do they give you any hassle if you're just using your SSN?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:30 pm

CO combines 2 personal pulls - but what about 1 Personal & 1 Business? I can't find any confirmation of that scenario - anyone?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 5:00 pm

I just applied for the Spark Cash and was approved with a 5k limit. Sole proprietor, $0 in revenue $0 in business expenses on credit and <1 year old business. Do they reallocate credit between personal and business? I have $20k on a Venture card and would like to move a bit to the Spark.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by robbierob03
I'm interested in applying for one of these (and a Venture to combine the credit pulls), but I can't find any discussion on how CapOne views "sole proprietors" applying for business cards. Do they give you any hassle if you're just using your SSN?

Applied as sole proprieter...they gave me a nice $20K credit line. ^
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by somdave2005
Applied as sole proprieter...they gave me a nice $20K credit line. ^
I got approved this morning, have you gotten an email from CO about it?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:26 pm

Not happy with the miles card. If you want cash back, you only receive half value. Anyone know if this can be converted to the Spark Cash if you already have a Spark Cash card?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I got approved this morning, have you gotten an email from CO about it?
Congrats. No, I don't remember them sending an approval email.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 4:50 pm

The cashback shows up right away after your purchases post...I'm liking this card so far.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by comptalk
Not happy with the miles card. If you want cash back, you only receive half value. Anyone know if this can be converted to the Spark Cash if you already have a Spark Cash card?
Purchase Uber gift card for a certain young person in your life. Redeem everyday until you exhaust your rewards. Done
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Purchase Uber gift card for a certain young person in your life. Redeem everyday until you exhaust your rewards. Done
I do not know one person who uses Uber.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by comptalk
I do not know one person who uses Uber.
My account was shut down after few NW Visa Buxx reloads.
And I didn't get 50k bonus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.