Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Capital One Spark Cards Offering up to 200,000 "Miles"

Capital One Spark Cards Offering up to 200,000 "Miles"

Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:27 pm

Capital One Spark $1000/$10000

Hi, quick question. A cursory search on the web shows that you can get capital one bonus again IF you are approved.
I see far below on the application page "existing and previous spark cardholders may not be eligible for this one-time bonus"
Is this like a once a lifetime offer like AMEX or is it being enforced at all?
I've closed out my capital one spark last year in January, so it's been over a year since I've had this product.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by shingu79
Hi, quick question. A cursory search on the web shows that you can get capital one bonus again IF you are approved.
I see far below on the application page "existing and previous spark cardholders may not be eligible for this one-time bonus"
Is this like a once a lifetime offer like AMEX or is it being enforced at all?
I've closed out my capital one spark last year in January, so it's been over a year since I've had this product.
It's every 6 months (I wait at least 188 days) since I've last applied (accepted and I believe denied). I've been applying while I still have the same CO Spark open. And prior to applying, while I have two Sparks open and after both have been opened for 6 months, I combine the oldest to the newest so that way I don't end up with three opened Sparks. So far I have not been effected by the "one-time bonus" words.
Old May 7, 2018, 3:13 pm

I have not had a CO card yet, is it best to get a personal card before a business card or doesn't it matter? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA, United
Does anyone know if Capital One reviews spending on the Spark business card to see if the charges are or seem to be business-related? I do have a small internet business but the majority of my planned spending ($10,000 in 3 months to get a $1,000 bonus) would be on things like restaurants, stores, gas, etc.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:59 pm

they closed my acct (Spark BIz) w/o warning after doing 13k in Simon Malls online within 3 months.. Lucky I redeemed my 2% but was cheated out of 276.00. A letter arrived a week later stating that I was using the card in a way that is not consistent with spending
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
Does anyone know if Capital One reviews spending on the Spark business card to see if the charges are or seem to be business-related? I do have a small internet business but the majority of my planned spending ($10,000 in 3 months to get a $1,000 bonus) would be on things like restaurants, stores, gas, etc.
I haven't heard anything from the bank or users that your kind of spending is a problem. I've heard they look for big spenders that buy at Simon or obvious online gift cards in large quantities. For one thing, that card reports your monthly spend to your personal side of credit bureaus anyhow. I believe most business owners do mix personal spend on some business cards, but not corporate cards, but even the corporate cards and their companies that issue them to employees expect dining, transportation (fuel) and other type of expenses since it's all a part of doing business. Some small business owners even place certain utility expenses on business cards because they are permitted by the IRS to use a certain amount of electric, internet, and so forth in expenses from their home businesses. What about entertaining clients in the home business which would most certainly include groceries, catering, and some retail stores also sell office supply (look at Walmart or Amazon). The lesson from the previous poster above mine is a good example and that's good they admitted it to help others.

Last edited by Churnman; Sep 1, 2018 at 12:42 pm
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:18 pm

Has anyone else had to provide proof of business address for your capital one spark cash card app? They asked me to fax it in but my girlfriend threw away the part of the letter that says what is acceptable proof. CSR said they can't say over the phone but will mail a new letter which takes 10 days. Unfortunately I only have 4 more days until the app document request deadline hits. Can anyone who's been through please post what they accept for proof of business address?

Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:16 pm

I applied today for the spark business, was approved and didn't have to provide any proof of address.

On a side note, is it true that Capital One Spark cards will show up on your personal credit UNLIKE AMEX?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by choff5507
On a side note, is it true that Capital One Spark cards will show up on your personal credit UNLIKE AMEX?
Yes.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:00 pm

and where do folks here plan on the spending to meet 500.00 or more bonus? See my above post. They monitor every dime spent. It took them a few months (last 18 months ago) to track my GCM spend. So claim your rewards fast!! And buy in places that cant be tracked by them. After dealing with all the fraud Alerts..you should be good. I left that 300.00 there for a few weeks and then the Stuff happened.

Last edited by EmailKid; Nov 16, 2018 at 5:08 pm Reason: Masked profanities NOT allowed
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:29 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
There is a variant of this offer: $2,500 for $50,000 spend in six months. (Awarded in two parts: $1,000 for $10,000 in three months, additional $1,500 if the $50,000 threshold is met in first six months.)
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:30 pm

good luck holding on to the card for 6 months.. And where and how do plan on spending the 50k in 6 months?? Grocery stores VGC? they will close the acct w/o warning for "spending not consistent with the biz card". And you lose the points. See my posts above. They are nor Amex or Chase...And dealing with all the fraud alerts is a real pain and time waster.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by barrytuneup
good luck holding on to the card for 6 months.. And where and how do plan on spending the 50k in 6 months?? Grocery stores VGC? they will close the acct w/o warning for "spending not consistent with the biz card". And you lose the points. See my posts above. They are nor Amex or Chase...And dealing with all the fraud alerts is a real pain and time waster.
Do income tax payments trigger any of this sort of action?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mia
There is a variant of this offer: $2,500 for $50,000 spend in six months.....
Originally Posted by barrytuneup
....where and how do plan on spending the 50k in 6 months?....
I do not plan to apply. The opportunity cost is too high. If I were to apply I could achieve the spend objective through normal expenses, including income taxes, property taxes and insurance.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR, MR
Arrow Where do I find this offer? (+ moving credit limits?)

Originally Posted by mia
There is a variant of this offer: $2,500 for $50,000 spend in six months. (Awarded in two parts: $1,000 for $10,000 in three months, additional $1,500 if the $50,000 threshold is met in first six months.)
Wow that sounds like an Amazing offer... how do I get it? I could do $50k in six months.

Also wanted to ask - I have 2 Capital One Spark 2% cashback cards - I want to move the $20k limit from Spark 2 (newer) to the older Spark 1 which only has $10k limit. However... when I called in to do this, the phone rep was confused and said you can only combine 2 cards online, into 1 card... however this would close one, no? Hoping I can keep both open, and convert Spark Card #2 to a fee free card (1.5% cashback card with $0 annual fee).

Any input?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.