Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Air Mileage vs United Mileage Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2015, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Its that time of year to get some new credit cards and rack up some bonus points...

I have always used Alaska and have 211k points with them but I'm considering switching to United for the star alliance. The alaska cards are only giving 25k bonuses while the united gives double that...

Lets say both were giving 50K signup bonuses, which would you do? Alaska Visa or the United Chase Visa? How do these two reward programs compare?
Old May 10, 2015, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
This forum is more about the credit cards, not the mileage programs themselves..... you should search the UA and AS program threads.... and the MODs should probably move this.

I have both, as everyone should feed multiple programs. UA has the simplest award search possible, with good availability. I get about 500k a year across a few programs and yes I fly for work as well. I think UA has the best award search capabilities and pretty good availability. Going to asia at Christmas time in business saver....try that on AA or Cathay....not so easy. AS has some great sweet spot awards as well. I will always take 50k UA miles, just picked another one up a few weeks back....
Old May 10, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Looks like you're just hoarding them. Spend the ones you have first... As there will definitely be an Alaska deval this year following the AA deval that is surely going to be soon.
Old May 10, 2015, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Looks like you're just hoarding them. Spend the ones you have first... As there will definitely be an Alaska deval this year following the AA deval that is surely going to be soon.
Wel... I had about 290k points a few months ago but I spent them for some local trips... now at 211k..

I had a chase ink that I transfered 80k points into southwest and used most of those too... but I'm thinking United is the way to go now.

Thinking of doing 3 browsers: United MileagePlus visa, United MileagePlus business visa, and csp (transfer into United)..

Wondering if they will approve me since its all with chase.
Old May 10, 2015, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Your answer can be found in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html If you can't find the answer you may re-ask your question there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.