Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Targeted (Barclays US card): Triple miles 1/1/15-3/31/15 on groceries/movies/utilitie

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted (Barclays US card): Triple miles 1/1/15-3/31/15 on groceries/movies/utilitie

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Received via email & postal mailer:
From January 1 through March 31, you'll earn bonus miles when you use your US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard® for eligible grocery store purchases, movie theater purchases and utility payments (including electric, gas, water, television and telephone). Just activate this offer by January 20, 2015, and you'll earn 2 bonus miles for every $1 spent on qualified purchases and utility payments that post to your account, up to 2,500 bonus miles.
Note bonus miles are in addition to base earning, so this is really a triple-miles promo with a $1250 spend cap.

Small print:
This bonus offer is for select US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard cardmembers and is not transferable. Qualified cardmembers who activate by January 20, 2015, will earn 2 bonus miles for every one dollar ($1) in new eligible purchase(s) at grocery stores, movie theaters, and utility payments (including: electric, gas, water, cable/satellite TV and telephone payments) (that are not later returned or rescinded) that post to their account between January 1, 2015, and March 31, 2015, up to a maximum of 2,500 bonus miles. Eligible purchases are defined by merchant category codes. Each merchant designates a category code to assign to purchases at its establishment. Although most grocery stores, movie theaters, and utility payments (including: electric, gas, water, cable/satellite TV and telephone payments) will use merchant category codes selected for this offer, it is possible that some have designated a merchant category code that is not classified as such and therefore any purchases made will not qualify for the promotion. To be eligible for this offer, the cardmember's account must be open, active and in good standing and they must have activated this promotion by January 20, 2015. Purchases made during periods when the cardmember's account is delinquent, their balance exceeds their credit line or their account is otherwise not in good standing do not qualify for this offer. The bonus miles will appear on the cardmember's statement 6–8 weeks after the end of the promotion.

Last edited by beltway; Dec 28, 2014 at 2:33 pm
Old Dec 26, 2014, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Received via email & postal mailer:

Small print:
My wife got this offer in email while she is completing $750+/month for Nov, Dec, and Jan for 15k miles bonus offer. OTH, I got none of these offers so far on my US Airways card.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 2:05 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I got the same offer on the Barclays HawaiianMiles card
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
My Barclay's Sallie Mae card has a similar offer: 2 extra "Reward Points"/$ in those same categories. The card already pays 5/$ for groceries, gas, bookstores, 1/$ everywhere else. Given the fees incurred when paying utilities by CC, even 3% is probably not worth it; but the deal is added incentive to stock up on gift cards at the supermarket...

No offer on my just-acquired US Airways card, yet.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

I've gotten clarification from Barclays that the bonus miles -- 2 per dollar -- are in addition to base spend, so this promo is effectively triple miles.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:43 am

Have had a USAirways card for years, and yet somehow, never get any of these targeted emails
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:09 am

Gift cards at supermarkets?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Originally Posted by ryejay98
Have had a USAirways card for years, and yet somehow, never get any of these targeted emails
Ditto.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:24 pm

Curious to know as well if purchasing gift cards at grocery stores with CC count as purchases for the miles earned.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:41 am

Question: Does the bonus miles get added after the fact when you get your m onthly statement? I registered when I got the postcard, and when I see transactions post online it's still just the regular rate for miles.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msp3
Question: Does the bonus miles get added after the fact when you get your m onthly statement? I registered when I got the postcard, and when I see transactions post online it's still just the regular rate for miles.
The offer terms are in post #1, and include this:
The bonus miles will appear on the cardmember's statement 6–8 weeks after the end of the promotion.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got this offer for October 1 – December 31, 2014. I took advantage.

I'm supposed to get my points: "The bonus miles will appear on your account 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends."

We're past that. Has anyone from the previous time period seen their points?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:42 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by josephstern
I got this offer for October 1 – December 31, 2014. I took advantage.

I'm supposed to get my points: "The bonus miles will appear on your account 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends."

We're past that. Has anyone from the previous time period seen their points?
My experience with Barclays promotions is that the points will post at the close of your next billing statement after the designated timeframe has passed. When did your last statement cut?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2/14, so I've got a few weeks.

Thanks for the info.
Old May 9, 2015, 3:21 am
Original Poster

My 2500 miles for the promo noted in the OP posted on the 5/10 statement. That's 40 days after 3/31, and thus a hair less than the 6-8 weeks listed in the T&C.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.