Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN

Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Current welcome offer is 50,000 30,000 Crystal points with $5,000 $3,000 spending in the first 90 days. First annual fee not waived. (as of telephone call with bank employee 8/7/2019)

Past bonuses were:

***** #1502 - signup bonus 1/16/18 BUT ANNUAL FEE NOT WAIVED ******

100,000 points after spending $5,000 in first three months. Offer expires 30 December 2015. EXPIRED

A 70,000 points offer was offered back in March 2017 and expired March 31st, 2017. EXPIRED

The requirements for the application process varies from bank to bank based on various online data points collected from FlyerTalk, Doctor of Credit, etc.

Some banks require that you go into a branch and apply personally. Other banks want you to have another account open for 90 days before you can get this card. Some banks (if you already have a relationship with them) let you apply via mail. Sometimes you have to be a resident of the state they operate in, while some were able to get the card without living in those states. It is very much YMMV. You will need proof of income (W2, check stubs, etc). The only states City National Bank operates in are: NY, DE (only trust office, no go), DC, GA, TN, MN, NV & CA. The bank is looking for high net worth individuals, but that's not exactly consistent either.

The card has no foreign transactions fees and is fee-free the first year, then $400 annually.

Register your card for online access (cno.cnb.com). This changed on Sept 19 2019.
Register separately for the award page (www.cnbrewards.com).
Register for Visa Infinite info and access at https://myvisainfinite.com/cnb/en_us/home.html
Click "my info" to see details on points awarded.
Best* redemption found to date is $1,000 prepaid visa for 105K pts. It's now 125K pts for a $1,000 prepaid visa. Link to catalog
*(other than spending for flights etc. & getting 1.2 cents each in value)

To set-up spending alerts, create an account here : http://citynationalbank.digitalcardservice.com

Point redemptions for flights have been reported as being as high as 1.35cpp (see here) by calling the Concierge service at +1 800 595 8950 and having them book direct from airline website for you

Significant benefits:

$250 per calendar year airline incidental credit - works on AU card as well - STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 THE CREDIT WILL BE $350 PER ACCOUNT
$100 Global Entry fee credit - works on AU card as well Per DDResq post 842
Priority Pass lounge membership for up to 2 people. No fee for any number of guests, but lounge policy may limit the number of guests admitted.- STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 EACH ADDITIONAL GUEST BEYOND ACCOUNT HOLDER WILL BE CHARGED $32
12 GoGo inflight passes - create an account at myvisainfinite.com/cnb. Once the account is created, you enter, then search for GoGo passes. You then input your card number again, create a GoGo account if you don't have one, and the 12 passes post to it ready to be used when you fly again on a participating airline. - works on AU card as well
$100 off when you book a qualifying airline itinerary via visa discount air portal (https://www.visadiscountair.com/CNB/default.aspx - STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 THIS WILL NO LONGER BE OFFERED AS A BENEFIT
$30 off GroundLink car service (works with AU cards as well) plus instant 15% off rides. There are $25 current user referrals to go for first.

Airline fees are reimbursed up to $250 per calendar year. Fees must be from domestic carriers. There is no need to declare a carrier, and fees can be reimbursed from multiple carriers. Partial Ts and Cs:

Qualifying Airline Purchases are defined as incidental airline fee transactions made at eligible US Domestic Airline Carriers and include: ticket change/cancellation fees, checked baggage fees, inflight entertainment, onboard food and beverage charges, airport lounge membership fees and day passes, onboard wireless charges (excluding Gogo Wireless), and TSA Pre✓® membership application fee.

What works
AA: Award Fees/Taxes, Award Redeposit Fees ($150)
AA: e-Gift cards $250 including AUs (1x per card max 4)
AS: Award ticket fees, $16
AS: In flight food, entertainment.
AS: Premium Class Upgrade, $59

HA: Interisland Flight, $48.80
UA: award ticket fees, $51
WN: Award Fees/Taxes, Award Redeposit Fees (limit unknown, but it's between $75 and $80 per transaction), Early Bird boarding fees ($15)
DL: Baggage fees
B6: $53.30 airfare

What doesn't work
AS: Award ticket fees, $130ish
DL: GC; PGGM (reports of not working since April/2016)
DL: Just about anything. Don't use on Delta
UA: MPX, Award Fees (~$170)
UA: Gift card registry (up to $75) (No longer working as of 11/25/17)
UA: Seat Selection Fee
WN: GC
EY: Award Fees
TW: Change fee
UO: Seat fee
AA: Award Fees/Taxes on an itinerary originating outside the US.

To Be Confirmed
UA: Award Redeposit Fees ($200)

Global Entry reimbursements: (works on AU also)

user - mnsweeps ( https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29336509-post1549.html )

Used mine and a AU card to register for GE for in laws
01/17/201801/18/2018USCUSTOMS TRUSTEDTRAVELER$100.00
01/17/201801/18/2018USCUSTOMS TRUSTEDTRAVELER$100.00

Credit posted today for both cards.
01/20/201801/24/2018GLOBAL ENTRY STMT CREDIT $100.00
01/20/201801/24/2018GLOBAL ENTRY STMT CREDIT $100.00

In 2016, 2017 AND 2018 airline incidental credits for transactions on-or-after January 1st did not start posting until the third week of January. In 2019 they started posting on Jan 11th.

For further information, see this

STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 there are going to be major changes to this card, these being:[/s]
  • $350 airline incidental credit per account (was $250 per AU)
    • $95 Annual Fee per AU
      • $32 per guest using PriorityPass (used to be free & unlimited)
        • Elimination of $100 Visa Air Discount Benefit
          • Groceries and Gas only earn 1x (used to be 3x)

Sources:

discussion starting here

https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnbc...ewards2020.pdf
https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnbc...rystal2020.pdf

Print Wikipost

City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN

Old May 1, 2015, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Arrow City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN

https://www.cnb.com/lending/cards/in...redit-card.asp

Airport Lounge Access
Enjoy unlimited visits to over 380 participating airport lounges in 80 countries as a member in the LOUNGE CLUB™ program. Unlike other programs, your guests are welcome to join you, at no additional access charge.

No Foreign Transaction Fees
Use your Crystal Visa Card to travel the world and you won't be charged any foreign transaction fees by us on your purchases. See Pricing Information

Triple City National Rewards® Points
Earn 1 Point for every $1 spent and earn 2 Additional Points per $1 spent on many travel and dining categories.
There's no annual cap on Points and Points do not expire as long as your account is open and the Rewards program has not ended.
Use City National Rewards Points to purchase airline tickets on most national and international carriers anytime, with no blackout dates.

Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection
Receive exclusive benefits with every booking at more than 900 properties worldwide, including room upgrades, late checkout, and more.6
Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
Know that if your trip is cancelled or interrupted due to a covered reason, you will be reimbursed for your scheduled airline passenger fare up to $5,000.

Crystal Card Concierge
A 24/7 concierge at your fingertips. Use City National Rewards Points for credit toward an airline ticket and receive customized assistance with hotel and restaurant reservations and virtually any personal or business requests. Just pick up the phone and call the dedicated, toll-free Crystal Card Concierge number – anytime, from anywhere in the world.

Crystal Experiences
Exclusive once-in-a-lifetime experiences not usually available to the general public, including access to purchase House Seats for Broadway shows through The Broadway League.9 Past offers have included:
Premium orchestral level house tickets to "The Book of Mormon" at the Pantages Theatre in Los Angeles, CA.
Lower level professional basketball game tickets to the Golden State Warriors in Oakland, CA.

Annual Fee
None first year. After that, $400

Does anyone have any experience with this card or bank?
They are limited to only 5 states (CA, NV, NY, TN, and GA) and you have to apply in person at one of their branches.
Some notable benefits include free Lounge Club membership with unlimited visits and no foreign transaction fees.
The annual fee is waived the first year but I'm not sure how likely they are to waive it after that.

Last edited by EmailKid; Oct 19, 2018 at 10:20 pm Reason: Added "MA", "DC" & "MN"
Old May 1, 2015, 5:02 pm

City National Bank Crystal Visa

Soon to be Royal Bank of Canada...
Old May 1, 2015, 6:04 pm

PIN-based and ATM transactions do not earn Points.
hopefully they are confused lol.

Last edited by photaco; May 1, 2015 at 6:15 pm
Old May 14, 2015, 11:45 am

Its a Visa Infinite Card too!
Old May 14, 2015, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by SteveT
Its a Visa Infinite Card too!
Whoa.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150124...ystal-Card.png
https://www.cnb.com/images/Crystal-Card.png
Old May 14, 2015, 6:55 pm

$250 airline credit and GE reimbursement as well. Also a free CLEAR membership.
Old May 15, 2015, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by photaco
hopefully they are confused lol.
The card sounds like it's chip and signature with a backup PIN (like Barclay's) according to https://www.cnb.com/lending/cards/chipcards-faq.asp. That would really suck if kiosk transactions outside the US didn't earn points though.
Old May 19, 2015, 1:24 pm

Is this the only Visa Infinite card in USA?
Old May 19, 2015, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
As far as I can tell, yup.
Old May 19, 2015, 1:26 pm

Nice.
Old May 19, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Are the US Visa Infinite benefits similar to those in other countries? There appears to be no specific US website for it.
Old May 19, 2015, 4:12 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
A few PR based banks have Infinite cards. I have a BPPR AAdvantage Infinite card.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by mkt
A few PR based banks have Infinite cards. I have a BPPR AAdvantage Infinite card.
My understanding is that Puerto Rico banks only accept credit card applications from Puerto Rico. I don't know if USA banks accept credit card applications from Puerto Rico, but given the former, I would not classify PR as USA when talking about credit cards...
Old May 20, 2015, 8:00 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by photaco
My understanding is that Puerto Rico banks only accept credit card applications from Puerto Rico. I don't know if USA banks accept credit card applications from Puerto Rico, but given the former, I would not classify PR as USA when talking about credit cards...
Many USA based banks accept applications from PR (Chase, Citi, Amex, Discover, BoA/Fidelity, many CUs), and those that don't will allow you to keep your accounts open (like my Cap1 Quicksilver and my Barclays AA Aviator).

PR banks "don't" accept applications from non PR residents, but they will allow you to keep an account open if you move off island. I use "don't", because I know of a handful posters on this board that applied BPPR AAdvantage cards for the bonus, and were able to get them.

Furthermore PR banks are FDIC members and pull US credit reports (generally TU, but a few EQ/EX pullers exist).
Old May 21, 2015, 5:10 pm
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Does anyone have any experience with airline related charges reimbursement yet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.