Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Current welcome offer is 50,000 30,000 Crystal points with $5,000 $3,000 spending in the first 90 days. First annual fee not waived. (as of telephone call with bank employee 8/7/2019)

Past bonuses were:

***** #1502 - signup bonus 1/16/18 BUT ANNUAL FEE NOT WAIVED ******

100,000 points after spending $5,000 in first three months. Offer expires 30 December 2015. EXPIRED

A 70,000 points offer was offered back in March 2017 and expired March 31st, 2017. EXPIRED

The requirements for the application process varies from bank to bank based on various online data points collected from FlyerTalk, Doctor of Credit, etc.

Some banks require that you go into a branch and apply personally. Other banks want you to have another account open for 90 days before you can get this card. Some banks (if you already have a relationship with them) let you apply via mail. Sometimes you have to be a resident of the state they operate in, while some were able to get the card without living in those states. It is very much YMMV. You will need proof of income (W2, check stubs, etc). The only states City National Bank operates in are: NY, DE (only trust office, no go), DC, GA, TN, MN, NV & CA. The bank is looking for high net worth individuals, but that's not exactly consistent either.

The card has no foreign transactions fees and is fee-free the first year, then $400 annually.

Register your card for online access (cno.cnb.com). This changed on Sept 19 2019.
Register separately for the award page (www.cnbrewards.com).
Register for Visa Infinite info and access at https://myvisainfinite.com/cnb/en_us/home.html
Click "my info" to see details on points awarded.
Best* redemption found to date is $1,000 prepaid visa for 105K pts. It's now 125K pts for a $1,000 prepaid visa. Link to catalog
*(other than spending for flights etc. & getting 1.2 cents each in value)

To set-up spending alerts, create an account here : http://citynationalbank.digitalcardservice.com

Point redemptions for flights have been reported as being as high as 1.35cpp (see here) by calling the Concierge service at +1 800 595 8950 and having them book direct from airline website for you

Significant benefits:

$250 per calendar year airline incidental credit - works on AU card as well - STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 THE CREDIT WILL BE $350 PER ACCOUNT
$100 Global Entry fee credit - works on AU card as well Per DDResq post 842
Priority Pass lounge membership for up to 2 people. No fee for any number of guests, but lounge policy may limit the number of guests admitted.- STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 EACH ADDITIONAL GUEST BEYOND ACCOUNT HOLDER WILL BE CHARGED $32
12 GoGo inflight passes - create an account at myvisainfinite.com/cnb. Once the account is created, you enter, then search for GoGo passes. You then input your card number again, create a GoGo account if you don't have one, and the 12 passes post to it ready to be used when you fly again on a participating airline. - works on AU card as well
$100 off when you book a qualifying airline itinerary via visa discount air portal (https://www.visadiscountair.com/CNB/default.aspx - STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 THIS WILL NO LONGER BE OFFERED AS A BENEFIT
$30 off GroundLink car service (works with AU cards as well) plus instant 15% off rides. There are $25 current user referrals to go for first.

Airline fees are reimbursed up to $250 per calendar year. Fees must be from domestic carriers. There is no need to declare a carrier, and fees can be reimbursed from multiple carriers. Partial Ts and Cs:

Qualifying Airline Purchases are defined as incidental airline fee transactions made at eligible US Domestic Airline Carriers and include: ticket change/cancellation fees, checked baggage fees, inflight entertainment, onboard food and beverage charges, airport lounge membership fees and day passes, onboard wireless charges (excluding Gogo Wireless), and TSA Pre✓® membership application fee.

What works
AA: Award Fees/Taxes, Award Redeposit Fees ($150)
AA: e-Gift cards $250 including AUs (1x per card max 4)
AS: Award ticket fees, $16
AS: In flight food, entertainment.
AS: Premium Class Upgrade, $59

HA: Interisland Flight, $48.80
UA: award ticket fees, $51
WN: Award Fees/Taxes, Award Redeposit Fees (limit unknown, but it's between $75 and $80 per transaction), Early Bird boarding fees ($15)
DL: Baggage fees
B6: $53.30 airfare

What doesn't work
AS: Award ticket fees, $130ish
DL: GC; PGGM (reports of not working since April/2016)
DL: Just about anything. Don't use on Delta
UA: MPX, Award Fees (~$170)
UA: Gift card registry (up to $75) (No longer working as of 11/25/17)
UA: Seat Selection Fee
WN: GC
EY: Award Fees
TW: Change fee
UO: Seat fee
AA: Award Fees/Taxes on an itinerary originating outside the US.

To Be Confirmed
UA: Award Redeposit Fees ($200)

Global Entry reimbursements: (works on AU also)

user - mnsweeps ( https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29336509-post1549.html )

Used mine and a AU card to register for GE for in laws
01/17/201801/18/2018USCUSTOMS TRUSTEDTRAVELER$100.00
01/17/201801/18/2018USCUSTOMS TRUSTEDTRAVELER$100.00

Credit posted today for both cards.
01/20/201801/24/2018GLOBAL ENTRY STMT CREDIT $100.00
01/20/201801/24/2018GLOBAL ENTRY STMT CREDIT $100.00

In 2016, 2017 AND 2018 airline incidental credits for transactions on-or-after January 1st did not start posting until the third week of January. In 2019 they started posting on Jan 11th.

For further information, see this

STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 there are going to be major changes to this card, these being:[/s]
  • $350 airline incidental credit per account (was $250 per AU)
    • $95 Annual Fee per AU
      • $32 per guest using PriorityPass (used to be free & unlimited)
        • Elimination of $100 Visa Air Discount Benefit
          • Groceries and Gas only earn 1x (used to be 3x)

Sources:

discussion starting here

https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnbc...ewards2020.pdf
https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnbc...rystal2020.pdf

Print Wikipost

City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I don't think you're right based on my experience.

I received $238 in credits on my main card on 12/14/15 (transaction date 12/8). Statement closed 12/14. I then booked 2 domestic award flights ($11.20) on 12/22 (transaction 12/14). If you were right, I should've received $0.80 from my 1/1/16 transaction prior to my statement close date 1/12/16.

Furthermore, my AU card made $229.20 in award purchases 12/22 that were reimbursed on 12/30. I think made $230+ on award purchases on 1/1. I should've gotten ~$20 for my 2015 year prior to 1/12 close date.

So far, I've received nothing in 2016.
I guess the CS rep I spoke to was wrong...should have expected it!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Well that sucks.

I spent $5011 on our first statement cycle but only got 6k in points. One of the purchases did include a $250 AA gift card that was reimbursed so maybe that's why they didn't give me the 100k on our first statement cycle.

So that's a data point I guess, Travel credit that gets reimbursed does not count towards your spending requirement.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Well that sucks.

I spent $5011 on our first statement cycle but only got 6k in points. One of the purchases did include a $250 AA gift card that was reimbursed so maybe that's why they didn't give me the 100k on our first statement cycle.

So that's a data point I guess, Travel credit that gets reimbursed does not count towards your spending requirement.
The bonus was not tied with statement cycle, from my last year's experience, so it could be your AA GC purchase. Although, I didn't check last year how many days after the $5000 spending did the bonus post..I just went to my account and the rewards transaction history only gets to December 2015 while the bonus was earned in the month of November 2015. My first statement close was 12/3/15. When did you meet the $5000 mark? You might need to wait a few days to be conclusive because I remember someone posted that these airline spending, even though reimbursed, counts in the $5000 spending...
Old Jan 14, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Well that sucks.

It isn't based off statement date. You get the points ~5-7 days after the charge posts. Once you hit that 5,000, you should get the 100,000 points a few days later!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by anime333
It isn't based off statement date. You get the points ~5-7 days after the charge posts. Once you hit that 5,000, you should get the 100,000 points a few days later!
wow i did not know that. thanks for the heads up!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:11 pm

wow i did not know that. thanks for the heads up!
Do keep us updated. It would be nice to get extra confirmation that rebated charges count.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:53 am

Does clear membership only work for these 13 airports in the country? That's pretty limiting >.<
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:53 pm

Has anyone been able to get the airline credits for 2016?

Do these even work now?

What works
AA: GC, Award Fees/Taxes, Award Redeposit Fees ($150)
DL: PGGM
UA: Gift Registry (up to $75 per transaction)
WN: Award Fees/Taxes, Award Redeposit Fees
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by whattimeisit
Has anyone been able to get the airline credits for 2016?

Do these even work now?

What works
AA: GC, Award Fees/Taxes, Award Redeposit Fees ($150)
DL: PGGM
UA: Gift Registry (up to $75 per transaction)
WN: Award Fees/Taxes, Award Redeposit Fees
As far as I know,
Nobody has gotten any credits for any travel expenses in 2016.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:32 am

So I got CNB card a week ago. I have a trip coming up next week and I still haven't gotten my Priority Pass. If I don't get my PP by my trip, would I still be able to use lounges by showing them my Infinite card?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by msthegame
So I got CNB card a week ago. I have a trip coming up next week and I still haven't gotten my Priority Pass. If I don't get my PP by my trip, would I still be able to use lounges by showing them my Infinite card?
nope, you will not be able to. If you don't have a long layover I wouldn't worry about priority pass. half the time, the lounges are whatevers anyways
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by msthegame
No but you can try calling them and see if they can look up your PP number, then use that number to register and use the app on your mobile device. Chances are your PP is coming within days, though -- I got mine the same week the card arrived.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:37 am

Thanks, I was able to get my PP number and register. Never been in a lounge before, so just curious. But for my trip after this, I have a long, long layover so will definitely benefit there.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:48 am

To all those still waiting for travel fee reimbursement from early January... at what point do we act? It's been over 2 weeks now since my January 1 transactions. My statement closed 1/12. Seems like nobody has gotten the 2016 reimbursements. I'd rather not call. I'm waiting to hear from those who made transactions after their January statement, but assuming they don't get reimbursed in 2 weeks, what's next?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
To all those still waiting for travel fee reimbursement from early January... at what point do we act? It's been over 2 weeks now since my January 1 transactions. My statement closed 1/12. Seems like nobody has gotten the 2016 reimbursements. I'd rather not call. I'm waiting to hear from those who made transactions after their January statement, but assuming they don't get reimbursed in 2 weeks, what's next?
the issue with calling is that they are going to say that AA gift card doesnt qualify. maybe if you make an incidental purchase (like the terms says it should) and it doesnt post, then its something to act upon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.