Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Current welcome offer is 50,000 30,000 Crystal points with $5,000 $3,000 spending in the first 90 days. First annual fee not waived. (as of telephone call with bank employee 8/7/2019)

Past bonuses were:

***** #1502 - signup bonus 1/16/18 BUT ANNUAL FEE NOT WAIVED ******

100,000 points after spending $5,000 in first three months. Offer expires 30 December 2015. EXPIRED

A 70,000 points offer was offered back in March 2017 and expired March 31st, 2017. EXPIRED

The requirements for the application process varies from bank to bank based on various online data points collected from FlyerTalk, Doctor of Credit, etc.

Some banks require that you go into a branch and apply personally. Other banks want you to have another account open for 90 days before you can get this card. Some banks (if you already have a relationship with them) let you apply via mail. Sometimes you have to be a resident of the state they operate in, while some were able to get the card without living in those states. It is very much YMMV. You will need proof of income (W2, check stubs, etc). The only states City National Bank operates in are: NY, DE (only trust office, no go), DC, GA, TN, MN, NV & CA. The bank is looking for high net worth individuals, but that's not exactly consistent either.

The card has no foreign transactions fees and is fee-free the first year, then $400 annually.

Register your card for online access (cno.cnb.com). This changed on Sept 19 2019.
Register separately for the award page (www.cnbrewards.com).
Register for Visa Infinite info and access at https://myvisainfinite.com/cnb/en_us/home.html
Click "my info" to see details on points awarded.
Best* redemption found to date is $1,000 prepaid visa for 105K pts. It's now 125K pts for a $1,000 prepaid visa. Link to catalog
*(other than spending for flights etc. & getting 1.2 cents each in value)

To set-up spending alerts, create an account here : http://citynationalbank.digitalcardservice.com

Point redemptions for flights have been reported as being as high as 1.35cpp (see here) by calling the Concierge service at +1 800 595 8950 and having them book direct from airline website for you

Significant benefits:

$250 per calendar year airline incidental credit - works on AU card as well - STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 THE CREDIT WILL BE $350 PER ACCOUNT
$100 Global Entry fee credit - works on AU card as well Per DDResq post 842
Priority Pass lounge membership for up to 2 people. No fee for any number of guests, but lounge policy may limit the number of guests admitted.- STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 EACH ADDITIONAL GUEST BEYOND ACCOUNT HOLDER WILL BE CHARGED $32
12 GoGo inflight passes - create an account at myvisainfinite.com/cnb. Once the account is created, you enter, then search for GoGo passes. You then input your card number again, create a GoGo account if you don't have one, and the 12 passes post to it ready to be used when you fly again on a participating airline. - works on AU card as well
$100 off when you book a qualifying airline itinerary via visa discount air portal (https://www.visadiscountair.com/CNB/default.aspx - STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 THIS WILL NO LONGER BE OFFERED AS A BENEFIT
$30 off GroundLink car service (works with AU cards as well) plus instant 15% off rides. There are $25 current user referrals to go for first.

Airline fees are reimbursed up to $250 per calendar year. Fees must be from domestic carriers. There is no need to declare a carrier, and fees can be reimbursed from multiple carriers. Partial Ts and Cs:

Qualifying Airline Purchases are defined as incidental airline fee transactions made at eligible US Domestic Airline Carriers and include: ticket change/cancellation fees, checked baggage fees, inflight entertainment, onboard food and beverage charges, airport lounge membership fees and day passes, onboard wireless charges (excluding Gogo Wireless), and TSA Pre✓® membership application fee.

What works
AA: Award Fees/Taxes, Award Redeposit Fees ($150)
AA: e-Gift cards $250 including AUs (1x per card max 4)
AS: Award ticket fees, $16
AS: In flight food, entertainment.
AS: Premium Class Upgrade, $59

HA: Interisland Flight, $48.80
UA: award ticket fees, $51
WN: Award Fees/Taxes, Award Redeposit Fees (limit unknown, but it's between $75 and $80 per transaction), Early Bird boarding fees ($15)
DL: Baggage fees
B6: $53.30 airfare

What doesn't work
AS: Award ticket fees, $130ish
DL: GC; PGGM (reports of not working since April/2016)
DL: Just about anything. Don't use on Delta
UA: MPX, Award Fees (~$170)
UA: Gift card registry (up to $75) (No longer working as of 11/25/17)
UA: Seat Selection Fee
WN: GC
EY: Award Fees
TW: Change fee
UO: Seat fee
AA: Award Fees/Taxes on an itinerary originating outside the US.

To Be Confirmed
UA: Award Redeposit Fees ($200)

Global Entry reimbursements: (works on AU also)

user - mnsweeps ( https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29336509-post1549.html )

Used mine and a AU card to register for GE for in laws
01/17/201801/18/2018USCUSTOMS TRUSTEDTRAVELER$100.00
01/17/201801/18/2018USCUSTOMS TRUSTEDTRAVELER$100.00

Credit posted today for both cards.
01/20/201801/24/2018GLOBAL ENTRY STMT CREDIT $100.00
01/20/201801/24/2018GLOBAL ENTRY STMT CREDIT $100.00

In 2016, 2017 AND 2018 airline incidental credits for transactions on-or-after January 1st did not start posting until the third week of January. In 2019 they started posting on Jan 11th.

For further information, see this

STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 there are going to be major changes to this card, these being:[/s]
  • $350 airline incidental credit per account (was $250 per AU)
    • $95 Annual Fee per AU
      • $32 per guest using PriorityPass (used to be free & unlimited)
        • Elimination of $100 Visa Air Discount Benefit
          • Groceries and Gas only earn 1x (used to be 3x)

Sources:

discussion starting here

https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnbc...ewards2020.pdf
https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnbc...rystal2020.pdf

Print Wikipost

City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by bigbuy
Does anyone know if the 100k deal is still available?
dead. dead. dead.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by bernardcyc
Did anyone find out if the Gogo passes, CLEAR membership and the Global Entry reimbursement is applicable to the primary cardholder only, or applicable to authorized users as well?

In other words, does EACH of the primary cardholder and the authorized cardholders get these benefits?
The AU card definitely gets its own $250 for airline fees, 12 GoGo passes (my AU has received both), but I don't know about CLEAR and Global Entry $100. Though if AU gets airline fees and GoGo, I don't know why it would be excluded from GE.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:49 pm

CLEAR yes definitely (I just signed up an AU today, waiting for the other cards that weren't rushed to arrive still). GE, I am not sure -- i think i recall on the application having to add only 1 other person that would be eligible for GE -- but the T&Cs don't seem to specify... but I don't really need to add GE for any other AUs, so I guess I'll wait for others to confirm.
EDIT: No, the 2 people were for priority pass, not for GE.

GoGo yes, however, I am still waiting for them to sort out some mess with it, since I registered the card but never got the 10 passes. GoGo support is working on it, CNB support was clueless. GoGo was nice enough to give me some freebie passes to use in the mean-time. DaveInLA, did you get your gogo in your account without issue?
Edit: Issue sorted out, both me and AU have the passes now.

The strange thing is, nowhere did I see a 3 AU limit (4 total cards), and I think the banker told me there could be up to 10 total, anyone know any more details on this? (if true, what benefits would those cards get? I highly doubt 10x $250 would be real)

Last edited by CodePaster3; Jan 7, 2016 at 11:29 am Reason: gogo update
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by CodePaster3
DaveInLA, did you get your gogo in your account without issue?
I did, after multiple phone calls, they were able to figure it out
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: cnb reward for travel/gas/restaurant/grocery
Anyone knows if AA giftcard purchased data posted at end of the year like 12/30/2015 or 12/31/2015 and the reimbursed date is at new year like 1/04/2016. does this count towards the year of 2015 or 2016? This really confused me since I don't know that If I can still get another 250 for my AUs. Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by thomasmessi
Anyone knows if AA giftcard purchased data posted at end of the year like 12/30/2015 or 12/31/2015 and the reimbursed date is at new year like 1/04/2016. does this count towards the year of 2015 or 2016? This really confused me since I don't know that If I can still get another 250 for my AUs. Thanks.
My assumption is that if the transaction date of the Travel Fee Rebate is within 2015 then it would count towards 2015, even if the post date of the rebate is 2016.

I had $109 of seat fees eligible for reimbursement but was only reimbursed for $100 because I maxed out of the $250 annual limit in 2015. If it was counted towards 2016, I would have been reimbursed for the full $109...
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bernardcyc
My assumption is that if the transaction date of the Travel Fee Rebate is within 2015 then it would count towards 2015, even if the post date of the rebate is 2016.

I had $109 of seat fees eligible for reimbursement but was only reimbursed for $100 because I maxed out of the $250 annual limit in 2015. If it was counted towards 2016, I would have been reimbursed for the full $109...
Ah. That worrying was for nothing, then.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
I must have done the PGGM wrong for this card.

went to delta, booked a flight with Delta Comfort. Paid for the ticket using City National bank card. Cancelled ticket after four hours. I booked it on the 22nd of December and still no reimbursement.

I even did a second ticket on the same day with delta. After booking, I went into "my trips" and tried to add Delta Comfort but there was no option too. This was for a LAX-JFK flight. Weird.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
I must have done the PGGM wrong for this card.

went to delta, booked a flight with Delta Comfort. Paid for the ticket using City National bank card. Cancelled ticket after four hours. I booked it on the 22nd of December and still no reimbursement.

I even did a second ticket on the same day with delta. After booking, I went into "my trips" and tried to add Delta Comfort but there was no option too. This was for a LAX-JFK flight. Weird.
You have to book without Delta Comfort then add it later.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:21 am

I received my 100,000 bonus today. I applied using the application that ended in November (before they extended the offer) I was worried they wouldn't honor the bonus because my card wasn't issued until December.

This is the greatest CC offer I have ever seen in my 3 years doing this. So far it's been,
1) No annual fee (first year)
2) $250 AA gift card in 2015 for me and my wife ($500 total)
3) Another $250 gift card in 2016 for me and my wife ($500 total)
4) Both of us are getting CLEAR free ($385 value) and we live near S.F. airport
5) Global Entry for both of us ($200 value)
6) $1,000 VISA gift card that I will be applying to a cruise
7) 12 GoGo passes ($192 value)
8) Priority passes for wife and I ($800 value)

$3,577 value! I feel that this card is worth keeping partly because I feel a little guilty, and partly because every year it's annual perks outweigh the $400 fee, not even including the 3x points in categories.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:15 am

For those that have been reimbursed for Delta PGGMs, what was the MCC on your authorization? I have a Delta charge that is not for a flight (classified with a MCC of 3058) and am trying to figure out if it will be reimbursed.

Also, is the CLEAR fee a reimbursement or do I sign up through the CNB website?

Last edited by DDResq; Jan 6, 2016 at 8:21 am
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by DDResq
For those that have been reimbursed for Delta PGGMs, what was the MCC on your authorization? I have a Delta charge that is not for a flight (classified with a MCC of 3058) and am trying to figure out if it will be reimbursed.

Also, is the CLEAR fee a reimbursement or do I sign up through the CNB website?
CLEAR should be free if you signup through the Crystal Visa portal.

When I signed up for this card, they told me I have to signup for a checking or savings account. But I received the card and nobody has contacted me about the checking or savings account. I don't want to signup for another account so should I do nothing for go to the bank and ask?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by ifish110

You have to book without Delta Comfort then add it later.
Is this really the case? I know for AMEX Plat, Delta charges the tickets and the Comfort seats separately even when booked all at once.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by wonderful
I received my 100,000 bonus today. I applied using the application that ended in November (before they extended the offer) I was worried they wouldn't honor the bonus because my card wasn't issued until December.

This is the greatest CC offer I have ever seen in my 3 years doing this. So far it's been,
1) No annual fee (first year)
2) $250 AA gift card in 2015 for me and my wife ($500 total)
3) Another $250 gift card in 2016 for me and my wife ($500 total)
4) Both of us are getting CLEAR free ($385 value) and we live near S.F. airport
5) Global Entry for both of us ($200 value)
6) $1,000 VISA gift card that I will be applying to a cruise
7) 12 GoGo passes ($192 value)
8) Priority passes for wife and I ($800 value)

$3,577 value! I feel that this card is worth keeping partly because I feel a little guilty, and partly because every year it's annual perks outweigh the $400 fee, not even including the 3x points in categories.
I feel the same as you, best credit card offer... and it barely even promoted by the bloggers for obvious reasons. But I disagree about the valuation, as I find CLEAR to be unnecessary since I have GE, and I also have Priority Pass from Citi Prestige. Even if I didn't, I wouldn't pay $400 for it. Nor would I pay $100 for those GoGo passes. Like you, I'll probably keep this card beyond the first year. Minimum, $500 in airline fee credits.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Is this really the case? I know for AMEX Plat, Delta charges the tickets and the Comfort seats separately even when booked all at once.
I've always done separately just to be safe, but I believe you're right, at least for flights before the switch to DL booking Comfort as its own fare code.

Originally Posted by DDResq
My MCC was 3058 as well, posted as DELTA AIR SEAT FEES. TRAVEL FEE REBATE posted two days after post date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.