FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1676781-city-national-bank-crystal-visa-infinite-usa-ny-ga-tn-nv-ca-ma-dc-mn.html)

csesq Jun 3, 2015 11:13 am

They actually give priority pass not lounge club now - and unlike Amex it allows you to bring guests in. The card is "like" Amex Platinum. But good.

mia Jun 3, 2015 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by csesq (Post 24912989)
... priority pass not lounge club now - and unlike Amex it allows you to bring guests in.

Any limit? Citi Prestige allows two guests with Priority Pass.

aschepsman Jul 14, 2015 8:34 pm

Hey all -- I'm still learning the ropes of these points programs in general so excuse my ignorance.

I'm a CNB client and just got an offer for this card with a 100,000 point bonus if I spend $5k within 90 days. First year's fee waived. Seems like a great deal, no? I have an SPG card and an AAdvantage card. Are these points similarly valued? I'm planning a big purchase in the next few weeks and want to be smart about what card to put it on. Thanks for any help!

HGHUA Jul 17, 2015 3:55 am

Wow, nice card benefits. But the state restriction is way too limiting and the design just plain sucks.

aschepsman Jul 17, 2015 8:54 am

Originally Posted by aschepsman (Post 25118477)
I'm a CNB client and just got an offer for this card with a 100,000 point bonus if I spend $5k within 90 days. First year's fee waived.

Any thoughts on this offer? The only conversations I've read around this card are all offers without bonuses. A little poking around found a few round-trip JFK>LAX AA flights for ~50k points.. seems about normal. I think I'm going to go for it.. any reason not to? Other than having to carry around a pretty ugly card..

AAdmiral Jul 17, 2015 8:09 pm

Got the card a couple weeks ago. Was given a generous credit limit. When I called to activate it was told to choose a PIN. Used it today in Montreal a few times but only Chip and Signature no PIN transaction. Another benefit was being able to use the VISA Infinite line at YUL airport which let me go straight to the front of the line. I'm going to check with my banker at CNB to see about the 100k point bonus and see if I can get in on that offer hopefully.

Nick92 Jul 20, 2015 2:53 am

That must mean the other US issuers aren't far behind! Which also means that nearly everyone will have a Visa Infinite aka the market being saturated and diluted isn't too far off either.

tmiw Jul 20, 2015 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Nick92 (Post 25143084)
That must mean the other US issuers aren't far behind! Which also means that nearly everyone will have a Visa Infinite aka the market being saturated and diluted isn't too far off either.

Not nearly close to everyone is okay with $400+ annual fees though so that should help with dilution.

Nick92 Jul 21, 2015 1:49 am

Originally Posted by tmiw (Post 25144385)
Not nearly close to everyone is okay with $400+ annual fees though so that should help with dilution.

I mean as far as the other issuers getting access to offer Infinite. Chase Freedom Visa Infinite? Chase Sapphire Visa Infinite? These are the type of cards that will flood the market ;]

rodsren Jul 24, 2015 4:22 am

Interesting, I have been looking for a BPPR Visa Infinite comment on here!

Originally Posted by photaco (Post 24841089)
My understanding is that Puerto Rico banks only accept credit card applications from Puerto Rico. I don't know if USA banks accept credit card applications from Puerto Rico, but given the former, I would not classify PR as USA when talking about credit cards...

Just a note....after getting a Puerto Rico Driver's License and address, they and AMEX are the only ones that won't forgive a 10 year (well 9 year, 8 month) old bankruptcy. They are VERY tough. Citibank did and they were included big time, and have now given me a total of a total of $29,500 in credit, but I think that will be $24,500 because when you close the Aadvantage Elite card (which I will probably do a9 months from now after getting 75,000 + miles), they said when my sister closed her's that they had to remove at least the minimal amount that the card can be approved for, and her limit was $5,000. I HOPE they will let me keep the other 10,000 for a total of 15,000 on my most recent application. Chase was included as welll but they have also given me a similar amount of credit (things are almost perfect but not quite due to a misunderstanding with timing of payoff with my mortgage and equity line so I have 2 missed 30's 7 months ago, which is also pulling my score down to under 700.

Well, thank God time heals all wounds, or at least I hope they to with AMEX (and also with BPPR, it's a GREAT card, has the full priority club membership of over 600 lounges - according to their website, as well as 1.5 miles/$ changed for life +50,000 bonus - with a very large spend of $50,000 in the first year. You get 37,500 after the first $3,000 spend, so I would consider it a 37,500 mile bonus, not a 50K bonus as I think a 50K spend is a little silly.)

At any rate, the BPPR card (if you can get 800 FICO score and pristine credit) might be given to you, but only yes with PR or USVI residency.) by the way, only $195/year fee. If you get the full Priority club (which is a minimal of $79, then it's a great value. Have no idea if it's churn-able as the bonus keeps tweaking and I have had 2 denials.

Good luck flyers. Would be very interested if anyone got this w/o PR residency, like having a large account at their affiliated co. in Florida.

rodsren Jul 24, 2015 4:26 am

The problem with these types of cards......

Originally Posted by aschepsman (Post 25118477)
Hey all -- I'm still learning the ropes of these points programs in general so excuse my ignorance.

I'm a CNB client and just got an offer for this card with a 100,000 point bonus if I spend $5k within 90 days. First year's fee waived. Seems like a great deal, no? I have an SPG card and an AAdvantage card. Are these points similarly valued? I'm planning a big purchase in the next few weeks and want to be smart about what card to put it on. Thanks for any help!

is that you get 1 point per dollar charged but to buy a business or first class international ticket you will need about 1 million points to pay for a one way to London (or a $10,000 reward) so I would not recommend it. Get the card, but don't put a large 5 figure purchase on it, i would instead go with AA or AMEX and then ask them for a cancellalaion bonus/incentive NOT to cancel. With significant spend for the year you should get the best offer, i would assume.

The_Wrath_of_Khan Oct 1, 2015 9:01 am

A very weird Frequentmiler post about this today: http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...infinite-100k/

tmiw Oct 1, 2015 9:41 am

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan (Post 25503573)
A very weird Frequentmiler post about this today: http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...infinite-100k/

Their application seems to ask for stuff that no other issuer that I know of has ever asked for. Any particular reason for that?

The_Wrath_of_Khan Oct 1, 2015 9:44 am

Originally Posted by tmiw (Post 25503744)
Their application seems to ask for stuff that no other issuer that I know of has ever asked for. Any particular reason for that?

I think this is a card that the average person has a snowball's chance in hell of being approved.

Big4Flyer Oct 1, 2015 10:06 am

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan (Post 25503761)
I think this is a card that the average person has a snowball's chance in hell of being approved.

Agreed. That and the fact that nobody really knows what counts as an airline credit or what the point redemptions are valued at make this a no-go for many, including me.