Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays Aviator Red card-questions & comments [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver

I got the email this past week saying that I would receive the new card in June, but called in and CS offered to overnight me the new card due to an upcoming international trip.

It arrived the following day as promised, and my card account number (including 3 digit CVV on the back) matches the US Airways card it replaces.

Note: I don't have much experience when it comes to physical card reviews, so let me know if any additional info/pics are desired.

Last edited by travel_mav; Apr 3, 2015 at 2:35 pm
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Nice! Some pics of the card itself would be neat to see!

Edit: Just saw your update. Looks great! Did you receive any documentation about upgrading to the Silver card?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Nice! Some pics of the card itself would be neat to see!

Edit: Just saw your update. Looks great! Did you receive any documentation about upgrading to the Silver card?
There is no mention of the Aviator Silver in any of the docs received, but it would be interesting to see if a product change is possible.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Is it a World Elite, or World, MasterCard?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:29 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Is it a World Elite, or World, MasterCard?
The image in post #1 shows World MasterCard (at the top of the mailing card).
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
The card is much better designed than the Citi one, I'll be putting more spend on it as a result (not kidding).
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
The card is much better designed than the Citi one, I'll be putting more spend on it as a result (not kidding).
As someone who currently holds both, I completely agree! The card does have more of a premium feel to it, and the 50% earning bonus until the end of June is "icing on the cake"
Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I presume PIN on this card works the same as on the Arrival+, right? As in, you change it online or by phone and use the card at Walmart and you're set.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tmiw
I presume PIN on this card works the same as on the Arrival+, right? As in, you change it online or by phone and use the card at Walmart and you're set.
Correct. The documentation received mentions selecting a customized pin, either online or over the phone, and that the first chip transaction will need to be signed for prior to use at unattended terminals.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
The image in post #1 shows World MasterCard (at the top of the mailing card).
D'oh! I was so focused on trying to find the designation on the card itself that I missed that.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:37 pm
jk2

It's interesting. My e-mail from Barclays says I will get a new card in June (as others reported), my wife's email says - in May. Do they have a priority list?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:48 pm

Maybe in order of account opening? I just got the card in February and I am supposed to get my Aviator Red in July. Just got my mailing today.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by 466SHH
Maybe in order of account opening? I just got the card in February and I am supposed to get my Aviator Red in July. Just got my mailing today.
I got my mailing a few days ago and mine said it would arrive in April while my mother's will arrive in May.

I have an international trip at the end of the month so I am debating whether I should request a replacement card now since my card is supposed to arrive this month anyway. Just not sure when they plan on mailing it.

So yes, they do have a priority list or it is in order of month of expiration. My card does expire earlier then my mother's so I am thinking this is perhaps why I am receiving my card first.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: Ritz-Carlton Gold, Hyatt Plat, AAdvantage Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Joe1690
I got my mailing a few days ago and mine said it would arrive in April while my mother's will arrive in May.

I have an international trip at the end of the month so I am debating whether I should request a replacement card now since my card is supposed to arrive this month anyway. Just not sure when they plan on mailing it.

So yes, they do have a priority list or it is in order of month of expiration. My card does expire earlier then my mother's so I am thinking this is perhaps why I am receiving my card first.
Yeah, I requested mine early since I have a number of flights coming up and international pretty soon. Mine was originally July.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 12:58 pm

Not sure if this was post on another thread, but I saw a large amount of AA miles added to my account when my US Airways statement closed. I was only expecting about 8k miles or so. So I looked at the history, and it showed:

AVIATOR MC WELCOME BONUS 04/03/15 0 40,000 40,000

nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.