Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays Aviator Red card-questions & comments [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barclays Aviator Red card-questions & comments [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: aadvantage
Does anyone know how long it takes to post the miles to AA, from the US Airways 50k signup bonus? I haven't received the new Aviator yet and just did the spend and first AF. Just being careful to not lose something in the transition. Thanks.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I requested my Aviator early via secure message and was told there was no way to expedite it as they are sent in batches. Meh, I tried. Didn't particularly care other than it would be easier to tell my 2 US Airways cards apart...
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I requested my Aviator early via secure message and was told there was no way to expedite it as they are sent in batches. Meh, I tried. Didn't particularly care other than it would be easier to tell my 2 US Airways cards apart...
If you still want it, I and other people have had good luck requesting it online (Account Settings->Request Replacement Card) as long as the account shows the Aviator card and not the US Airways card.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:52 pm

fwiw - have been reading a good bit about needing the chip and pin in the Netherlands / Denmark. called Barclay and requested that the Aviator card (originally scheduled for summer delivery) be sent to me overnight due to my upcoming travels. CSR said no problem and waived the $29 Fedex fee.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: TK*G
Got my Aviator card roughly one week after requesting it from the CSR. Chip works fine at Sam's Club, but I wonder if there's any way to test out the Chip + PIN functionality before going abroad?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:09 pm

Called again to request and CSR told me there was nothing I could do to get it early as "they are sent out in batches." Could be due to the fact that I just opened the card this month. I guess I'll wait until it shows up on my online profile and then request one there.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Aquaphiliac
Called again to request and CSR told me there was nothing I could do to get it early as "they are sent out in batches." Could be due to the fact that I just opened the card this month. I guess I'll wait until it shows up on my online profile and then request one there.
Just say you need the chip for traveling abroad and you shouldn't have any issues.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
Originally Posted by State of Trance
Just say you need the chip for traveling abroad and you shouldn't have any issues.
Yup, and insist on speaking with a supervisor.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:40 pm

Tried ONE last time, got the same response and the supervisor told me that since my acct was so new, there was no way to put it on higher priority because of all the other older accounts being upgraded. Not keen on committing any more time to this so I'm gonna let it go. Seems like the initial CSR tried a lot harder to get me the card this time but couldn't.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:52 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by Aquaphiliac
Tried ONE last time, got the same response and the supervisor told me that since my acct was so new, there was no way to put it on higher priority because of all the other older accounts being upgraded. Not keen on committing any more time to this so I'm gonna let it go. Seems like the initial CSR tried a lot harder to get me the card this time but couldn't.
Call, say the card was damaged in some way (went through the wash?) and you need a replacement.

The replacement should be an Aviator card.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mkt
Call, say the card was damaged in some way (went through the wash?) and you need a replacement.

The replacement should be an Aviator card.
Exactly. My magnetic stripe is worn down and it wouldn't swipe at the gas station.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:15 am

I requested a replacement card on the website. Hopefully I'll get an aviator!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:59 pm

Regarding the Aviator card, mine came with the same number/CVV which was nice since it saved me time re-entering my payment information over and over again. It also came with the same expiration date too however, which means that my new card will only be useful for a few months. Kind of annoying, but what can you do.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Called a CSR to get it converted over to the red card. I'm going out of the country so a chip would have been nice. Was denied and said I had to wait until June. Just went on the website and re-ordered a card so lets see if that comes as the Red Aviator.
Old May 5, 2015, 10:28 pm
formerly mattrendell27

Barclay's holding up CL on Aviator's

So I did about $5000-6000 of Redbird loads on both my wife's Red Aviator and mine within the past week. I did a bill pay from the Redbird website on Friday May 1 and the payment just went through half an hour ago. Looking at the account online it shows the current balance properly decreased to what I paid. However the CL is still much lower than it should be. On my card the payment only freed up the CL by about half of what I actually paid and on my wife's card it only freed up the CL by about 1/10 what was paid.

What's up here? I've never had my CL not come back up exactly what was paid before.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.