Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Charles Schwab checking account just for foreign travel?

Charles Schwab checking account just for foreign travel?

Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Are there credit or debit card issuers who do NOT automatically send new (renewal) cards prior to expiration?
Yes. Both Schwab and AMEX dont send out renewal cards if the cards are inactive for a long period of time. I had Schwab happened to me that I found out when I went thru check list in preparing for a long trip. AMEX has not sent me a renewal Everyday that expired since Jul 2023! I found out this last Jan. Even though there were 2 chats both promised to send the renewal card, it never arrived. Since I do not need the card and will go on a long trip, I figure I would wait till my return to call AMEX on this matter. The card is definitely still active but not used for almost 2 years by now. No notification from AMEX whatsoever on the inactivity.

In fact I just saw this notice on the top of the screen where you set up travel notice on the Schwab checking account debit card -
Also check your card to ensure it doesn't expire while you're away.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 28, 2024 at 6:32 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.