Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage: Citi (Exec, Plat, Gold, Business) vs Barclays (Aviator)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage: Citi (Exec, Plat, Gold, Business) vs Barclays (Aviator)?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Does anyone know whether the companion ticket benefit when spending more than $30k in a year on the Silver Aviator must be booked at AA.com, or can it be booked with my corporate travel agent?

I assume it is also restricted to continental US except for residents of Hawaii, or Alaska, true?

Finally, anyone know if the companion ticket is upgradeable?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: "You are now known as the Lebron James of DYKWIA/Delta/FT" -Thoiboi
Originally Posted by isle-hawg
Thx ended up using my AMEX Plat to so all extra baggage fees (after 1st free from CITA AA card)were reimbursed via AMEX, as I had preselected AA as my designated travel provider
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Had the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select MC back in the fall/winter of 2014 and cancelled in May 2015. Actually may have downgraded to the Bronze AAdvantage no-fee card.

Now they're offering me the card again, 50k miles for $3000 in purchases.

I've never flown on AA or oW and don't anticipate doing so any time soon. I guess I could just keep getting miles from these offers until I had enough to redeem. I got a business class award to Sydney in November coming.

Anyone have problems not getting the miles for being a recent holder of this card?

Does anyone know which credit bureaus they pull?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
Had the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select MC back in the fall/winter of 2014 and cancelled in May 2015. Actually may have downgraded to the Bronze AAdvantage no-fee card.

Now they're offering me the card again, 50k miles for $3000 in purchases.

I've never flown on AA or oW and don't anticipate doing so any time soon. I guess I could just keep getting miles from these offers until I had enough to redeem. I got a business class award to Sydney in November coming.

Anyone have problems not getting the miles for being a recent holder of this card?

Does anyone know which credit bureaus they pull?
Does your offer mention 24 months or not? That's the determining factor AFAIK. Scour the fine print very carefully.

The following thread:
is the one where people report about getting miles from targeted offers. The thread you're in right now is mostly about comparing the different cards.

Which bureau they pull varies. It may vary by state, in some cases it may vary within a state, and sometimes in a given location it may vary depending on time of month (as if they have a deal to do "N" pulls for cheap with one bureau each month, then when they use that up they use another bureau for the rest of the month).

The best predictor might be which bureau they pulled the last time you applied (assuming you haven't moved far since then). Pulls stay on your report for 2 years, so the pull from fall/winter 2014 should still be on whichever of your reports it was pulled from.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 5, 2016 at 5:51 pm
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Thanks, further down in the email they say 24 months.

So maybe in another year.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:32 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Does your offer mention 24 months or not? That's the determining factor AFAIK. Scour the fine print very carefully.
Thanks for that, just got an email offer that I haven't opened yet, but just closed my Citi Plat about a month ago (no retention / downgrade offer).

Originally Posted by wco81
Thanks, further down in the email they say 24 months.
Hm, will have to check mine as well.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Hello everyone. I've tried searching for this but haven't found an answer. Does anyone know if I have both Citi Exec MC and Barclay Silver and I meet the EQM bonus spends on both cards, can I collect 20k EQMs?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bd24133
Hello everyone. I've tried searching for this but haven't found an answer. Does anyone know if I have both Citi Exec MC and Barclay Silver and I meet the EQM bonus spends on both cards, can I collect 20k EQMs?
Yes. People here have reported receiving EQM from both Citi and Barclays, and AA has stated as much, although it's buried in a FAQ on one of their Barclay card pages.

Originally Posted by AA.com
If I have an AAdvantage® AviatorTM Silver MasterCard® and a Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive card, can I earn 20,000 elite-qualifying miles in a year?
Yes. The number of EQMs you can earn in a calendar year is capped at 10,000 EQMs per issuing bank. Thus, if you have both eligible cards, you can earn 20,000 EQMs per calendar year if you meet the spend threshold on both cards.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Awesome! Thanks for the reply.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Please use this thread only to discuss Barclays -and- Citi AAdvantage cards (comparisons or combinations). If have a questions about Barclays Aviator cards, please post here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...solidated.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.