Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Discover it Miles Credit Card Launched, 3x Miles On All Purchases 1st Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Discover it Miles
current offer as of 9/1/17:
https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/miles/index.html

• 1.5x miles on all purchases
  • Double miles for the first year (3x miles on all purchases)
  • An annual credit up to $30 for in-flight Wi-Fi charges (ended 3/31/19)
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • No annual fee
  • Free FICO Score
  • 0% purchase APR for first twelve months

There are two ways to redeem miles:
  • Cash back via a deposit into your linked bank account
  • A statement credit against a travel purchase made in the past 180 days

Print Wikipost

Discover it Miles Credit Card Launched, 3x Miles On All Purchases 1st Year

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by runb4fun
can i get this card even when I have the 5% category discover it?

and any further info on "An annual credit up to $30 for in-flight Wi-Fi charges"? Anyone have any experience with it? Lastly, all discover cards have no FTF, right?
Discover allows their customers to hold two of their cards. I have Miles and a regular Discover.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by runb4fun
can i get this card even when I have the 5% category discover it?

and any further info on "An annual credit up to $30 for in-flight Wi-Fi charges"? Anyone have any experience with it? Lastly, all discover cards have no FTF, right?
Well it is what it says...when you pay for wifi on a flight...they reimburse that fees automatically in few days. I used it on Southwest 4 times last year...$8 * 4....I was returned $8 * 3 and $6 once for a total of $30
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:44 am

I had a meal charge reimbursed as Wi-Fi about a year ago.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by BussingIt
I had a meal charge reimbursed as Wi-Fi about a year ago.
Same for me with a checked bag fee, reimbursed as Wifi
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by eajusa
Discover allows their customers to hold two of their cards. I have Miles and a regular Discover.
Side note, do they still have that inane policy of requiring two separate logins for the accounts? I have toyed with the idea of the Miles card for awhile, but already have the It and have no interest in having to create a whole separate login.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:13 am

Yes, you have to have two log-ins, which is annoying.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by ifish110
I just checked my account and my "Exclusive Double Miles First Year" or whatever the language was is gone. I'm a little worried about that. My last statement closes Saturday. The terms of the doubled miles say they won't hit for a statement or two so I guess we won't know for a while.
My 12th statement closed same day as yours. I think the promotion language left both of our account pages because any new spend posting after the last statement will not be doubled. Since the fine print says "DOUBLE First Year Miles: After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will double all the Miles you've earned and apply them to your account in the following one or two billing periods. You've earned rewards when they have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing period. You will not receive Double Miles if your account is closed or is no longer in the Miles reward program as of the award date. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. This exclusive offer is available only to new cardmembers." I think we are OK.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:08 am

My 12th statement closed same day as yours. I think the promotion language left both of our account pages because any new spend posting after the last statement will not be doubled. Since the fine print says "DOUBLE First Year Miles: After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will double all the Miles you've earned and apply them to your account in the following one or two billing periods. You've earned rewards when they have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing period. You will not receive Double Miles if your account is closed or is no longer in the Miles reward program as of the award date. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. This exclusive offer is available only to new cardmembers." I think we are OK.
Mine disappeared a couple weeks before my last statement. I chatted with them today and they confirmed I have double miles coming but it could take up to two statements. Got about $1600 coming, can't wait.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ifish110
...about $1600
Approximately how much did you spend to generate than amount?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:22 am

Some was Apple Pay bonus. Looks like about 75k spent on that card.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry

I just confirmed you have to have one for a year or more before getting the other.

So in my case May 26, 2016.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:07 am

Received Double Miles

My 13th statement closed yesterday and my double miles were posted over night.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:37 am

Same, including Apple Pay.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:05 am

Me too.

Another great promotion from Discover comes to an end.

Thank you Discover!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:15 am

Discover Miles Double It 1YR Anny

Sad to say, the one year anny for my Discover Miles just hit. Any ideas on what to do with this card instead of sock draw it? At 1.5%, I'd rather just use the the Citi DC card instead of a 1.5% card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.