Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Discover it Miles Credit Card Launched, 3x Miles On All Purchases 1st Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Discover it Miles
current offer as of 9/1/17:
https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/miles/index.html

• 1.5x miles on all purchases
  • Double miles for the first year (3x miles on all purchases)
  • An annual credit up to $30 for in-flight Wi-Fi charges (ended 3/31/19)
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • No annual fee
  • Free FICO Score
  • 0% purchase APR for first twelve months

There are two ways to redeem miles:
  • Cash back via a deposit into your linked bank account
  • A statement credit against a travel purchase made in the past 180 days

Print Wikipost

Discover it Miles Credit Card Launched, 3x Miles On All Purchases 1st Year

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bubbabp
Can i get Discover it miles 3% bonus if i already have normal Discover 5% category it card?
Interested as well. I read further up the thread you call to call in and allocate your credit between the two cards (they won't extend more credit), but that post was a few years old.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bubbabp
Can i get Discover it miles 3% bonus if i already have normal Discover 5% category it card?
Yes. I did when Discover It Miles first offered the 3% promotion. You are allowed to hold two Discover cards.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 6:18 pm

Discover just converted me from the It Cashback product to the It Miles product. I hardly use the card, only minimally for the 5X categories, so the flat 1.5X on miles won't really encourage me to spend more. I did like the Cashback redemption portal as I recall seeing some partner gift cards at a 25% bonus. They offered to switch me back to cash back from miles, but figured I'd check here first to see if anyone had a similar experience.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL,HH,MR,Hertz
Originally Posted by slice
Discover just converted me from the It Cashback product to the It Miles product. I hardly use the card, only minimally for the 5X categories, so the flat 1.5X on miles won't really encourage me to spend more. I did like the Cashback redemption portal as I recall seeing some partner gift cards at a 25% bonus. They offered to switch me back to cash back from miles, but figured I'd check here first to see if anyone had a similar experience.
You're not the only one. Doctor of Credit reports other people have gotten the notice also:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/disco...thout-request/
Old Sep 24, 2019, 6:51 pm

Discover Sends Out E-mail Informing Some Customers That Their Discover it Will Become A Discover it Miles (Without Request)
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had you registered for the 5X next quarter when they sent you an email in the past couple weeks to do that? I'm wondering if they're doing this for people who don't register for each quarter's 5X?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Had you registered for the 5X next quarter when they sent you an email in the past couple weeks to do that? I'm wondering if they're doing this for people who don't register for each quarter's 5X?
I don't recall doing so. That could be it.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I got product changed to Discover It Miles as well but I actually did register for the upcoming quarter's 5X categories. Coincidentally (or not?) it seemed to happen right when I requested to replace one of my cards with the newly available contactless version.

Anyway, I think lack of use is the primary driver more than anything else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.