Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Airways, Switch To Paperless Statements & Receive $25 Statement Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Offer terms
Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable. You will earn a $25.00 statement credit after you go paperless and make a purchase by 11:59:59 ET 12/31/14. The purchase must have a transaction date from 11/26/14 to 12/31/14 to qualify. To receive your $25.00 statement credit, your account must be open and in good standing. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent, your balance exceeds your credit line or your account is otherwise not in good standing as defined in your Credit Card Cardmember Agreement do not qualify for this offer. You will receive your statement credit in 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion. Net retail purchases do not include such things as the purchase of money orders, traveler checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers, person-to-person money transfers or using the account to obtain a cash advance.
Print Wikipost

US Airways, Switch To Paperless Statements & Receive $25 Statement Credit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
I've tried IE, FF and Chrome Incognito and still cannot get the pop up box. I go to the page and it asks me to confirm email and click on two boxes at accept paperless statements. I didn't sign up when I applied for the card a week ago. Just activated card today. Maybe I have to make a purchase first? *scratching my head Don't get it at all....
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, *Gold on UA, FlyingBlue Gold (matched), SPG Plat
Anybody see this credit post yet?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by IncaFlyer
Anybody see this credit post yet?
Given that
  • the terms state "You will receive your statement credit in 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion"
  • Barclays (IME) posts bonuses on the stated promotion schedule
I very much doubt any of us will see the bonus before mid-February.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
Is it too late to jump on this? I switched to paper billing yesterday, but haven't been able to get the pop-up offer no matter what method I use to login yesterday or today.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:15 am

I'm not getting the offer either, after dis-enrolling from paperless, logging out and logging back in, in an incognito window.

I've had no purchase activity for several months though, so maybe I just wasn't targeted.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Given that
  • the terms state "You will receive your statement credit in 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion"
  • Barclays (IME) posts bonuses on the stated promotion schedule
I very much doubt any of us will see the bonus before mid-February.
More like the 2nd statement AFTER Dec 31st based on experiences on all Barclays promo - they dont post until the 2nd statement after the promotion has ended.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:09 pm
xp0

I did this on all of my card(s) so I guess now I just play the waiting game (and pay the $25 balance I have on all of my cards)
Old Jan 1, 2015, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I signed up for this card a couple of days ago when I bought some tickets from US Airways' website but it doesn't look like I would have been targeted for the offer this time anyway. Any thoughts on when they'll offer the paperless statement credit again?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:20 pm

I wasnt targetted either. Although I dont do much spend on this card so mauybe thats why?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wowpaw
I wasnt targetted either. Although I dont do much spend on this card so mauybe thats why?
I was offered the bonus before I ever got the card in the mail.

Unfortunately I did not get the card before I left town on the 30th so I could not make the single purchase in time. When I get home and activate the card I'll call and see if a CSR will give it to me anyway.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I was offered the bonus before I ever got the card in the mail.

Unfortunately I did not get the card before I left town on the 30th so I could not make the single purchase in time. When I get home and activate the card I'll call and see if a CSR will give it to me anyway.
Please let us know what happened as I'm in the same boat as you...
Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: All of em...
No credits for me yet, but this is Barclays and this is the US Airways card which is notorious for wild offers like 15k miles for spending $xxx for certain months... Those generally take awhile so I plan to wait it out. Easy $50.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting tidbit of information

I had a conversation with a US-based Barclays supervisor this weekend on multiple items.

One last thing we did was to have her gone over all the offers she saw in her system that attached to all our cards (checked it one by one).

2 of our cards initially received a worthless offer of participating in a sweepstake of 50K miles for enrolling paperless. I never did it.

1 card did receive an email for the $25 statement credit.

Then this pop up window thing came about. We were able to see the pop ups on all our 4 cards - 3 old ones and a brand new one. Signed up all.

HOWEVER, the supervisor did NOT see the $25 statement credit associated to the 3 accounts that never received email offer but got the pop up and signed up from the pop up....

SO, dont be surprised that the $25 statement credit not showing up in Feb statement even though you signed up thru the pop up. Promotion ended on 12/31/14, hence I believe the earliest time anyone could see the credit is on the Feb statement based on all the Barclays promotions that we partook in the past - it always posted on the 2nd statement after the promotion period ended.

Just want to share what might be another SNAFU Barclays might have (the other one being the referral emails do not arrive the referree's email address for many folks.)
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:55 pm

Check your accounts, folks: my $25 credit posted on 1/28, as did my DW's.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Check your accounts, folks: my $25 credit posted on 1/28, as did my DW's.
Mine hit on the 28th as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.