Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Aeroplan Visa Credit Card (USA version)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Update Nov. 27, 2019-- The US program is being discontinued and existing cardholders will earn "First Class Miles" as of Feb 1, 2020. Canadian residents can still apply for the Aeroplan miles earning card.

TD is known to have delays in posting miles to Aeroplan accounts. You might even see your AC# in the online pdf statements, but often this number is not in something called a "Rewards Summary" section. For thoe who apply for this card, you could call even before the first statement generates and pretend that you are not sure if you provided your AC# when filling your application. Ask them to check the "Rewards Summary" section and see if there is an AC#.

Be prepared for long hold times.
Print Wikipost

TD Aeroplan Visa Credit Card (USA version)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Anybody else have issues with the bonus and miles not being transferred to Aeroplan after statement closes? It's been two months already, I've called and still nothing.
I had this problem back in January, had to call multiple times (3-4 times!) to get this sorted out. Also, this was my second application (first one was back in 2016) and I got the 25K bonus the second time around as well. I had to wait 2 billing statements, but I also called and escalated (whatever that means) to get my points to post. I used my Aeroplan #, not a new one. Hope this helps for anyone wanting to churn this card. I have no more use for Aeroplan points, just depleted over 300K for an upcoming trip to SE Asia!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by msfrugalista
I had this problem back in January, had to call multiple times (3-4 times!) to get this sorted out. Also, this was my second application (first one was back in 2016) and I got the 25K bonus the second time around as well. I had to wait 2 billing statements, but I also called and escalated (whatever that means) to get my points to post. I used my Aeroplan #, not a new one. Hope this helps for anyone wanting to churn this card. I have no more use for Aeroplan points, just depleted over 300K for an upcoming trip to SE Asia!
My wife and I are on our second card and the points have not posted. Called last week and the agent asked us to wait 8 weeks. When I talked to a supervisor he noticed that our AC# was not even in his system, which is odd as our statement shows the number. He filed a case and escalated promising to call back in 3-5 business days.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
My wife and I are on our second card and the points have not posted. Called last week and the agent asked us to wait 8 weeks. When I talked to a supervisor he noticed that our AC# was not even in his system, which is odd as our statement shows the number. He filed a case and escalated promising to call back in 3-5 business days.
They need to link your Aeroplan # to the new card. There is a quirk in their system that they don't link the new cards to the previous Aeroplan #. My wife called in and points appeared next day.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
They need to link your Aeroplan # to the new card. There is a quirk in their system that they don't link the new cards to the previous Aeroplan #. My wife called in and points appeared next day.
How does it show up on the statement?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:11 am

How does it show up on the statement?
In the first statement it showed that they were transferred but they weren't. After they did the linking, it showed up again in the statement.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those planning to call, be prepared to wait a long time. Last night it took an hour for them to pick up (after initially telling that it would take 10 minutes). Supervisor said that our AC numbers have be linked and that we should see the miles in the next statement.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I seem to have got my miles but not my wife. Talked about both accounts every time I called. Now for another hour on hold.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I seem to have got my miles but not my wife. Talked about both accounts every time I called. Now for another hour on hold.
Made the call, didn't have a long hold this. The agent said that there was no AC# in the "Rewards Summary" section. She said she would send a request to corporate to send the miles or it would post by the statement cuts.

My suggestion to churners is to call, pretend you forgot to add your AC# before the first statement even gets generated and ask for it to be added. Will put this note in the wiki.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Trying to apply for this card all day today. First the site was under "maintenance", and now when I click to fill out the application it says it is an "expired offer". Is the card being discontinued for new applicants or is there just ongoing site maintenance?
cnn likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by zeer0
Trying to apply for this card all day today. First the site was under "maintenance", and now when I click to fill out the application it says it is an "expired offer". Is the card being discontinued for new applicants or is there just ongoing site maintenance?
I want to apply for this card but it seems like the application link doesn’t work anymore...

Does anyone know if this card was discontinued?

Last edited by mia; Sep 9, 2019 at 1:07 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:00 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

The program has changed and will be discontinued as the TD U.S. Aeroplan Credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.