Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Different Mailing Address vs. Residence Address: Applications

Old Nov 14, 14, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Hi All-

We recently moved states permanently, but for the next few months or so will be living temporarily on a work assignment for a few months in a different location.

When it comes to credit card applications, is it possible to separate my current mailing address for the address I have to input when I apply for the card?

Recently took advantage of the 70k ink offer, and had to call them up after the application, cancel the card they sent and re-send it to new address.

Didn't know if there was an easier process for this ... Don't have anyone who can forward mail from permanent address.

Best,

fw
Old Nov 14, 14, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by faithwins View Post
Hi All-

We recently moved states permanently, but for the next few months or so will be living temporarily on a work assignment for a few months in a different location.

When it comes to credit card applications, is it possible to separate my current mailing address for the address I have to input when I apply for the card?

Recently took advantage of the 70k ink offer, and had to call them up after the application, cancel the card they sent and re-send it to new address.

Didn't know if there was an easier process for this ... Don't have anyone who can forward mail from permanent address.

Best,

fw
If its a biz card like Ink, there will typically be a separate physical address and mailing address so that would solve your problem. Some personal card apps also have a place for both address, like the BOA Alaska cards.

Applying for cards with a new/different permanent address though sometimes causes problems or requests for proof of address. So I just always use my permanent address then call in a get a replacement card sent to my current temp address. Maybe that makes it more complicated than it needs to be but it at least works.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: