Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

First National Bank of Omaha TravElite card - refreshed April 2017.

Old May 10, 2017, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 84fiero
As of June 1, 2017, public links are dead. As of December 2017, targeted mailers are being received by some folks with either a $49 AF or a $0 AF offer. May include $250 bonus for $2.5K spend in first 3 months. Offers have a Jan 28, 2018 expiration to apply. The unique access code and reservation number from the mailer are required in order to begin the application process.

This little known card has a great current offer (April 2017 until ?????)
Apparently First Bank of Omaha was not getting many to apply so they have dropped the Annual Fee and are now offering a 25,000 point bonus for $2500 spend in three months. The relevant particulars of the card are below.
In addition, I invite folks to post what counts as travel and gives cardholders three points per $.

TRAVELITE® REWARDS PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS SUMMARY

EARN POINTS
Earn 3 points for each $1.00 of Travel Purchases posted to the Account.
Earn 1.5 points for each $1.00 of Net Purchases posted to the Account that is not from a Travel Purchase.

BONUS EARNINGS
In addition to the above, 25,000 bonus points can be earned after the first $2,500 in Net Purchases are posted to the Account within the first 3 consecutive Billing Cycles after the Account is opened and while the Account is enrolled in the Program. Please allow 6-8 weeks after bonus points are earned for these bonus points to be added to the point balance.

ANNUAL REWARDS PROGRAM FEE
There is no Annual Rewards Program Fee

LIMIT ON POINTS EARNED
There is no limit on the number of points that can be earned, but if we offer bonus points, we may limit the number of bonus points awarded for certain purchases and/or promotions.

POINT EXPIRATIONPOINT REDEMPTION
Points do not expire.

POINT FORFEITURE
If the Account is closed for any reason, enrollment in the Program will be terminated and any accumulated points will be forfeited.

POINT REDEMPTION
Points can be redeemed for (collectively, the "Rewards"):
Merchandise
Gift cards/certificates
Travel (Airline, Hotel, and Car Rentals)
Cash back as a statement credit to the Account
Other goods and services
Complete details on Rewards and point redemption are available through our Rewards Service Center and Rewards website.

REDEMPTION REQUESTS
24/7 online access or toll-free customer service during hours of operation; additional information about redemption will be provided once you become a cardmember.
NET PURCHASES: "Net Purchases" are authorized, new purchases posted to the Account on or after enrollment in the Program, excluding refunds, credits (for returned merchandise or otherwise), and disputed billing items. Net Purchases do not include: (a) annual fees, finance charges and other fees or charges posted by us to the Account; (b) cash advances (including but not limited to cash received over the amount of Net Purchases charged to the Account, purchases of money orders or other cash equivalents) or special check transactions; (c) balance transfers; (d) charges for other products, services, or benefits that we provide (such as credit insurance premiums); or (e) other transactions that we determine not to be eligible.

"Travel Purchases" are Net Purchases made at any merchant whose merchant category code ("MCC") is classified by the payment card industry as "Local Suburban Commuter Passenger Transportation-Railroads, Ferries, Local Water Transportation" (MCC 4111), "Passenger Railways" (MCC 4112), "Taxicabs and Limousines" (MCC 4121), "Bus Lines, Including Charters, Tour Buses" (MCC 4131), "Cruise Lines/Steamship Lines" (MCC 4411), "Airline, Air Carriers (not listed elsewhere" (MCC 4511), "Travel Agencies and Tour Operations" (MCC 4722), "Package Tour Operators (For use in Germany only) (MCC 4723), "Toll and Bridge Fees" (MCC 4784), "Transportation Services, not elsewhere classified" (MCC 4789), "Direct Marketing-Travel Related Arrangements Services" (MCC 5962), "Lodging-Hotels, Motels, Resorts, Central Reservation Services (not elsewhere classified)" (MCC 7011), "Specific Airline Codes" (MCC 3000-3299), "Specific Car Rental Company Codes" (MCC 3351-3441), "Specific Hotel and Resort Codes" (MCC 3501-3828), "Timeshares" (MCC 7012), or "Car Rental Companies not listed" (MCC 7512).

The MCC is a four-digit code used by the payment card industry to classify a merchant's primary business. You might expect some merchants to be classified into one of the MCCs identified above, but they may not be classified as such. This could affect whether transactions you make with such merchants will qualify as a Travel Purchase, or Net Purchase and, as a result, whether points will be earned on such transactions. We do not assign MCCs to merchants nor are we responsible for confirming or monitoring the MCC assignments made by the payment card networks.
We reserve the right to determine, in our sole discretion, whether any transaction qualifies as a Travel Purchase or Net Purchase, and our determinations shall be final.
POINTS: Point awards are not earned until they show on the Account statement. Points may be deducted for awards based on purchases that are subsequently subject to a refund, credit or dispute. We reserve the right to retroactively correct errors made in point awards. Points will not be earned if the Account cannot be used for new purchases or participation in the Program has been suspended.
At our sole discretion, we may award additional bonus points in connection with certain purchases and/or promotions. Additional details and additional terms and conditions will be provided with such offers and are in addition to these Terms and Conditions unless otherwise specified therein. We reserve the right to determine which Airline Purchases, Hotel Purchases, Travel Agency Purchases, or Net Purchases are eligible for bonus points.

OUR PRICE GUARANTEE: Subject to the Our Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions, which are available on the Website, we will credit you the difference between the price for your hotel, flight, or car rental booked through us and the price for a hotel, flight, or car rental that is at least $20 lower and available through another travel site within 72 hours of your booking with us.
REWARDS & REDEMPTION: If the Account is open and credit privileges have not been suspended, points can be used to obtain the Rewards stated above. Point redemption may be subject to shipping, handling or other fees. If a credit card is reported lost or stolen, the ability to redeem points will be temporarily suspended until a new card is issued.
CASH BACK IN THE FORM OF A STATEMENT CREDIT: Only points can be used to redeem for cash back, which cannot be redeemed using a combination of points and a credit card. Cash back is redeemable in denominations of $25, $50, $100, and $250. Cash back in the form of a statement credit will be applied as a credit to the Account. The regular monthly minimum payments shown on the billing statements must still be made.
We may change or terminate the Program in our discretion at any time with or without prior notice except where required by law.

In order to enjoy Amex offers and concierge, etc. sign up on the rewards page link found on your FBNO card account webpage. You can also call 1-855-327-1432

Counts as Travel To Receive 3X Points
Daily Getaways purchase of Hilton Honor Points
Norwegian Cruise Line purchases

Airline Incidentals Reported As Reimbursed

Southwest: Giftcards
Alaska Airlines: Giftcards
United: Gift registry
Delta: Award taxes
Hawaiian: Baggage Fees
Paying for seats on Frontier work.
Alaska: Partner award fee and award tax/fee

6/2017: United checked bag fee reimbursed, Air Canada checked bag fee NOT reimbursed (YYZ Toronto). (I called FNBO and they stated reimbursement ONLY applies to domestic carriers) - fluffyCat
United: Award ticket fees on partner (LOT)
Print Wikipost

First National Bank of Omaha TravElite card - refreshed April 2017.

Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by soartoday
I haven't seen any negative data points on Alaska gift cards, so wondering what you mean. Wiki and DOC data points show AS gift card still triggering the credit...
Was wondering the same, any info out there on whether Alaska gift cards still get credited or what may have happened if not?

I just bought one to see if it will credit for 2019, so will report back. But the charge itself did already post with "ALASKA AIRLINES GIFT CARD" as the merchant, so not sure if it's always posted like that. If not, may not be a good sign...
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Was wondering the same, any info out there on whether Alaska gift cards still get credited or what may have happened if not?

I just bought one to see if it will credit for 2019, so will report back. But the charge itself did already post with "ALASKA AIRLINES GIFT CARD" as the merchant, so not sure if it's always posted like that. If not, may not be a good sign...
No success so far. Bought $100 AS GC on Jan 2, and no credit yet. Last year the credit came 3 days after posting.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: MR, UR, UA
Bought $100 AA GC on 1/2, transaction posted 1/4. No credit so far. Last year credited the day after transaction posting.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:03 pm

Anyone have any success yet?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by rendanator
Anyone have any success yet?
Not yet, 10 days and counting...
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Somebody mentioned in the comments on the Doctor of Credit review page (for this card) that it took 3+ weeks in January last year for credits to show up. Maybe because everyone does the credits at the start of the year so there's a backlog?

Will give it a few weeks and maybe try something else like a Delta GC. So far no credits for a $100 AS GC and $50 AA GC, both purchased at the start of the year.
soartoday and akr1970akr like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Somebody mentioned in the comments on the Doctor of Credit review page (for this card) that it took 3+ weeks in January last year for credits to show up. Maybe because everyone does the credits at the start of the year so there's a backlog?

Will give it a few weeks and maybe try something else like a Delta GC. So far no credits for a $100 AS GC and $50 AA GC, both purchased at the start of the year.
Yeah that's the hope that I'm holding on to. As a DP, I had a $50 AA GC post on 1/10, still nothing.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:39 pm
FTA

Yep about 4 weeks to credit
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by FTA
Yep about 4 weeks to credit
Appreciate the info here, 2 southwest early board purchases made 1/04, posted 1/07, still no credit issued as of 1/20. Got a statement so I will just pay it off and then use the card for something else if the credit posts later. Least I can do is put some spend on this card due to what I think is a great benefit every year. One of my favorites.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:54 pm

Purchased SW e gift card the 2nd, posted few days after and still no credit. I called that day to be sure I was enrolled in the annual credit program and they informed me I was already auto enrolled. Still a few more weeks to go and see if credit post. Will keep you all updated
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Gammachu
Purchased SW e gift card the 2nd, posted few days after and still no credit. I called that day to be sure I was enrolled in the annual credit program and they informed me I was already auto enrolled. Still a few more weeks to go and see if credit post. Will keep you all updated
When you update, can you confirm you purchased 1 $100 SW GC? Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by soartoday
No success so far. Bought $100 AS GC on Jan 2, and no credit yet. Last year the credit came 3 days after posting.
Got the credit for $100 Alaska gift cert.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: MR, UR, UA
Originally Posted by sponge_gto
Bought $100 AA GC on 1/2, transaction posted 1/4. No credit so far. Last year credited the day after transaction posting.
Credited showed up 1/23/19. Dated 1/20, post date 1/22.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:07 pm

For $100 SW GC - purchased 1/2, posted 1/4, credit posted date 1/22.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:15 pm

Exact same scenario as above, purchased 1/2, posted 1/4, credit posted date 1/22 but showed up today.
Originally Posted by slow n steady
When you update, can you confirm you purchased 1 $100 SW GC? Thanks!
Yes, it was a single e gift card valued at $100

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.