Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic [BOA] MasterCard 30k+5k+15k

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RealHJ
Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard from Bank of America

90k link from 1/18/2019
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...ctoffercode=TG DEAD

90K Link from 12/10/2017
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/initialize-workflow.go?requesttype=C&campaignid=4023357&produ ctoffercode=54 DEAD

90K Link from 6/1/2017 (live as of 10/13/2017)
http://email.virgin-atlantic.com/a/hBZMEgXB7gfdgB9cK4zNshgaEA0/apply7 DEAD

90K Link from 3/23/2017 (live as of 5/31/2017)
90K Virgin DEAD

90K Link as of 11/11/2016 (live of 3/6/2017)
90K Virgin DEAD

90K Link as of 6/28/2016 (courtesy eknock007)
http://email.virgin-atlantic.com/a/h...shgaECF/apply5 DEAD

90K Link as of 11/11/2016
90K Virgin DEAD

90K Virgin DEAD

90K Virgin DEAD

90K Link as of 12/15/2015
http://email.virgin-atlantic.com/a/h...shgaED5/apply4 DEAD

90K Link as of Oct 29, 2015, added 11/23/15
http://email.virgin-atlantic.com/a/h...NshgaEbR/bank3 DEAD

90K US Residents added 8/31/2015
https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...815%20Mobile#b DEAD

90K link as of Dec 5, 2014 (courtersy of steventravel):
https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...q-_-90k%201214 DEAD

90K link as of April 2, 2015 (courtesy eknock007):
https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...20Acq-_-0315#b DEAD

New 90K link from 4/30/2015 (courtesy of eknock007):
https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...ed-_-0415%3E#b
DEAD
__________________________________________________ ____________

Datapoints:
There is a $90 AF and one cannot earn the 90K in one year unless one does $25K spending.
Best way to add to initial purchase bonus of 20K is to add AUs (and quite a few of them, too!).

Check application status:
Credit Card Application Status Center
Print Wikipost

Virgin Atlantic [BOA] MasterCard 30k+5k+15k

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
that link references perfect card for expats. is it only good outside US??

"An application just for expats"
I think by "expats" they mean US citizens living abroad. You can use the card anywhere MC is accepted.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:05 pm

Frankly I love Virgin Atlantic. It is one of the few airlines you can see 4+ coach seats during summer non-stop LAX to LHR, plus some upper class availability nearly every day as well.

It's borderline impossible to find that many seats out of LAX on any non-stop on another airline unless it is off peak. Plus they fly the 787 which is pretty sweet.

I've been burning nearly all my MR on Virgin.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:17 pm

Is it 2 AUs required to get the 5K bonus? or 1? For some reason I couldn't find it in the T&C
Old Jul 26, 2015, 3:34 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
5k max via AUs. 2.5k per AU.

So 2.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:39 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
I think by "expats" they mean US citizens living abroad.
I believe they mean citizens of other countries, UK in particular, who have moved to the USA.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by ThatGirlEdie
I applied for this offer & was denied due to too many inquiries. 2 reconsideration reps told me that my 8 inquiries in the past 6 months was too risky.
Any other data points like this? I was thinking this would be a great card to throw into the MS mix, but I do have few inquiries the past 6 months(5 personal, 1 Business).

Last edited by Amex For Children Of Africa; Aug 7, 2015 at 8:33 am
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:25 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Any other data points like this?
Me, too. Any more reports along these lines?

I'm also interested in this card, but I too have had a handful of apps this year. Would welcome more first-hand reports to help try and establish where their comfort line is.

8 inquiries in the past six months...? Hmmm. Time for me to launch Excel and check my records...
Old Aug 15, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I got this card a year ago, met the spend, got the 90k points.

I called today about canceling, and the rep told me that if I cancel I forfeit all earned points, not just pending points.

Could that possibly be true?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I got this card a year ago, met the spend, got the 90k points.

I called today about canceling, and the rep told me that if I cancel I forfeit all earned points, not just pending points.

Could that possibly be true?
Absolutely not! Once the points post to your Virgin Atlantic account, they can't pull them back unless you had a return or something.

Good luck for them trying to take my points back next month when I cancel I already transferred my points from Virgin Atlantic to Hilton account (I needed emergency Hilton points for an upcoming trip in January.)
Old Aug 15, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by PowerMan572
Absolutely not! Once the points post to your Virgin Atlantic account, they can't pull them back unless you had a return or something.

Yeah, I questioned him on it and he put me on hold and talked to his colleagues and confirmed that I'd forfeit all points. It was weird. Maybe he was trying to stop me from canceling. It worked, I decided to wait and ask about it here.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 7:17 am

Yeah, I questioned him on it and he put me on hold and talked to his colleagues and confirmed that I'd forfeit all points. It was weird. Maybe he was trying to stop me from canceling. It worked, I decided to wait and ask about it here.
Yup, you're fine :-) Call back and cancel. The miles are in your Virgin Atlantic account, they can't claw them back just cause you cancel a year later.

Now your Virgin Account does have an expiration date on it, so if you don't use them by that date, then you would loose the miles.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
One other note - if you're eligible for any of the one year anniversary points and cancel before these post, you'll lose those as well. 50/50 whether you can get those points to post before the AF hits. And I've never had a claw back on any earned points, so cancel away if desired.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by ctbarron
One other note - if you're eligible for any of the one year anniversary points and cancel before these post, you'll lose those as well. 50/50 whether you can get those points to post before the AF hits. And I've never had a claw back on any earned points, so cancel away if desired.
Ah, great point. I forgot I have 7500 points coming on anniversary. I'll try to get those before canceling if possible.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Hoping that someone familiar with Virgin Atlantic (and their credit cards) can answer these questions...

1. Is there a known expiration date for the current offer?
I'd like to get this card, but have a handful of applications in the past 6 months and worry that I might be just over the line of what B of A now considers acceptable (under the new reality). If I can wait a few weeks, a few of my apps probably would roll off a six-month lookback window and might improve my chances...

2. I have not been following VS closely until recently. In the wiki posted above, the dates associated with the most recent bunch of 90K offers suggest this same offer pops up roughly every 3-4 months (at least over the past 12 months). Has that pattern held true for a while now?
(I ask because I could probably wait until December-ish and have a much higher chance of being approved....assuming it's a good bet that the offer will re-appear).

Thanks for any insight you can offer.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: Golden Circle, Skywards
Originally Posted by mia
I believe they mean citizens of other countries, UK in particular, who have moved to the USA.
I'd been wondering if you could apply as a non-resident with a US account and mail forwarding address as the US card is a lot better than the UK card benefits wise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.