Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic [BOA] MasterCard 30k+5k+15k

Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RealHJ
Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard from Bank of America

90k link from 1/18/2019
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...ctoffercode=TG DEAD

90K Link from 12/10/2017
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/initialize-workflow.go?requesttype=C&campaignid=4023357&produ ctoffercode=54 DEAD

90K Link from 6/1/2017 (live as of 10/13/2017)
http://email.virgin-atlantic.com/a/hBZMEgXB7gfdgB9cK4zNshgaEA0/apply7 DEAD

90K Link from 3/23/2017 (live as of 5/31/2017)
90K Virgin DEAD

90K Link as of 11/11/2016 (live of 3/6/2017)
90K Virgin DEAD

90K Link as of 6/28/2016 (courtesy eknock007)
http://email.virgin-atlantic.com/a/h...shgaECF/apply5 DEAD

90K Link as of 11/11/2016
90K Virgin DEAD

90K Virgin DEAD

90K Virgin DEAD

90K Link as of 12/15/2015
http://email.virgin-atlantic.com/a/h...shgaED5/apply4 DEAD

90K Link as of Oct 29, 2015, added 11/23/15
http://email.virgin-atlantic.com/a/h...NshgaEbR/bank3 DEAD

90K US Residents added 8/31/2015
https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...815%20Mobile#b DEAD

90K link as of Dec 5, 2014 (courtersy of steventravel):
https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...q-_-90k%201214 DEAD

90K link as of April 2, 2015 (courtesy eknock007):
https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...20Acq-_-0315#b DEAD

New 90K link from 4/30/2015 (courtesy of eknock007):
https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...ed-_-0415%3E#b
DEAD
__________________________________________________ ____________

Datapoints:
There is a $90 AF and one cannot earn the 90K in one year unless one does $25K spending.
Best way to add to initial purchase bonus of 20K is to add AUs (and quite a few of them, too!).

Check application status:
Credit Card Application Status Center
Print Wikipost

Virgin Atlantic [BOA] MasterCard 30k+5k+15k

Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:31 am

Got approved by recon after a hard time for too may inquiries.

For those who got approved, does the app status web page say Approved? Mine just says In Progress till today, although recon approved me on Friday. How long does it take for the card to show up in the mail?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 1:55 pm

Any idea how the Delta availability is when redeeming through VA? Obviously, at 25k miles for a domestic RT, it's quite a bit cheaper than most redemptions using Sky Pesos. But if you can only actually book flights that are available at, say, Delta's lowest redemption level, it's not such a great deal anymore.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24
Any idea how the Delta availability is when redeeming through VA? Obviously, at 25k miles for a domestic RT, it's quite a bit cheaper than most redemptions using Sky Pesos. But if you can only actually book flights that are available at, say, Delta's lowest redemption level, it's not such a great deal anymore.
Yup. Only at Delta's lowest award availability (Saver). Confirmed it with a VA phone rep when trying to book recently.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by mxhjustin
decent deal...
I took the plunge. Thanks for posting it, mxhjustin. I can put business expenses on the card to make the minimum. I'll probably try to use the FC points to get a RT award on Virgin America. For the transcons, it's 75K points for First.

Then again, VS Upper Class is really nice (100K points plus US$1,200-1,450 tax/surcharge).
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by bobby21
Got approved by recon after a hard time for too may inquiries.

For those who got approved, does the app status web page say Approved? Mine just says In Progress till today, although recon approved me on Friday. How long does it take for the card to show up in the mail?
if you don't mind me asking bobby...how many inquiries was too many for them? I ask because that is what is stopping me from applying for this card...have too many INQ on my EX report. Don't really wanna pass up this deal since I will be traveling to London in February.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by dodgers702
if you don't mind me asking bobby...how many inquiries was too many for them? I ask because that is what is stopping me from applying for this card...have too many INQ on my EX report. Don't really wanna pass up this deal since I will be traveling to London in February.
BofA is one of the few banks that are willing to pull other bureaus if the initial pull was done on a frozen bureau (e.g. EX). I've done this about 10 times already, they always pull EX here in CA so I freeze it for a day (after my regular apps), apply and then call right after to ask them to pull EQ or TU.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by dodgers702
I had 12 new accounts last year, 11 this year, of which only 2 pulled TU and the vast majority of the others pulled EXP. In the past 6 months, I had 5 hard pulls from credit card company on EXP, plus one from my apartment's management company. BoA had no issues. It was basically an instant approval (I got the waiting message, googled to find the right phone number, called maybe 5 minutes after the app, and was already approved.) If they care about "too many inquiries" or "too many new accounts", they certainly are nowhere near as picky as US Bank is reputed to be or Barclays.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:06 pm

I took the plunge as well. Instantly approved with an $8k credit line (note: I also have a longstanding banking relationship with them). Today I also applied for the AMEX Delta and Chase IHG cards and were approved for those as well. 13 applications in the past year and one in the past 3 months. It's going to be a pain meeting the $12k spend, but I think it's worth it.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by bobby21
I was thinking of using my USB Buxx, but I read on that thread that BoA does not give miles for buxx, and it does not count for minimum spend, unlike Citi cards. Is that not correct? Any recent experience with USB Buxx?
Originally Posted by floressalicis
Check the appropriate thread in the MS forum. And that information is false.
The thread says it does not count for min spend nor does it give miles. You can verify the opposite?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
The thread says it does not count for min spend nor does it give miles. You can verify the opposite?
I and others in the thread have verified the opposite in that very thread. Are you sure you're not searching and finding outdated information about loading BoA Buxx (which no longer exist) cards with BoA credit cards or problems with using US Bank credit cards on US Bank Buxx cards?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:32 pm

wells thanks for all the info people, especially on the approvals. Unfortunately I tried to freeze my EX a couple of weeks ago and couldn't do it online...they requested me to send identity proof and copy of SS so decided to leave it alone, now I wished I would have followed through...I may just risk and let them pull my EX again (have 28 INQs to be exact, 10 this year alone). I guess worse they can say is no right?... My scores range from 750-765 across all 3 and utilization is 6% at the moment. I already have 56k in credit with BofA, also a platinum banking member (over 50k in savings and investment (Merrill Lynch). My oldest BofA CC is over 2 years old and my other one just turned 1.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by floressalicis
I and others in the thread have verified the opposite in that very thread. Are you sure you're not searching and finding outdated information about loading BoA Buxx (which no longer exist) cards with BoA credit cards or problems with using US Bank credit cards on US Bank Buxx cards?
Yeah, I just saw that you responded to my ? there, haha. Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:18 pm

Does anyone have a working recon phone # for Bank of America for the Virgin Atlantic card? I've tried multiple numbers that I've found on Google and they all say something like "You've reached a non working card service phone #."
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by i94forlife
Seems solid. Is this card worth keeping after the bonus? Anyone has experience product changing this card to another BOA card?
Try calling reservations for availability. I have 120K and was going to use it for Vegas trip. Nope, nada.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by PowerMan572
Does anyone have a working recon phone # for Bank of America for the Virgin Atlantic card? I've tried multiple numbers that I've found on Google and they all say something like "You've reached a non working card service phone #."
Check the BoA reconsideration thread in this very forum. It has a Spanish recon number where the CSRs are bilingual and can take care of everything for you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.