Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Credit card annual fees waived for military

Credit card annual fees waived for military

Old Jun 23, 18, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Blind and Green View Post
Thanks for the data point. I'm going to hold off on applying until later this year with the hope that the signup bonus changes from two free nights to a boatload of Marriott points.
I'm new to all this too, but I should add that it was specifically for the CSR and not the Ritz card. I assume that Chase honors AF-waivers on all their cards regardless of quantity or type.
Old Jun 23, 18, 8:06 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by funlux View Post
I'm new to all this too, but I should add that it was specifically for the CSR and not the Ritz card. I assume that Chase honors AF-waivers on all their cards regardless of quantity or type.
Thank you for the clarification. Big difference between the CSR and the Ritz is that the CSR is subject to 5/24 and the Ritz is not. Pretty sure Chase would just laugh at me if I applied for the CSR.
Old Jun 25, 18, 7:56 pm

That was a big negative on Capital One. They charged me the annual fee last month and I canceled.
Well, I jumped the gun on this one. I received a letter today stating that Capital One was waiving the membership fee (two days after I canceled the account).
Old Jul 2, 18, 8:32 pm

I was recently approved for a Flexperks card and was pleasantly surprised to also receive a MLA letter from US Bank. It states that "We will also eliminate all fees while you are subject to the terms under the MLA." It sounds like that includes annual fees. I'll update this next year when the fee posts.
Old Jul 16, 18, 4:25 pm

Any data points on how Bank of America treats annual fees for cards approved post MLA (9/17)?
Old Jan 22, 20, 3:20 pm

Still looking for any data points for Bank of America or Barclaycard annual fee waivers for post MLA credit card approvals. Thank you!
Old Feb 11, 20, 11:14 pm

I was recently approved for a Flexperks card and was pleasantly surprised to also receive a MLA letter from US Bank. It states that "We will also eliminate all fees while you are subject to the terms under the MLA." It sounds like that includes annual fees. I'll update this next year when the fee posts.
Does US Bank waived AF for active duty?
Old Feb 22, 20, 9:00 am

Yes. US Bank waives annual fees for active duty military.
Old Apr 8, 20, 8:25 pm

AF came up this month on one of my Citi cards which I applied for after 9/17. I submitted my last PCS orders. Citi indicated that, while I meet the SCRA/MLA requirements, they do not waive annual fees.
Old Apr 8, 20, 10:33 pm

AF came up this month on one of my Citi cards which I applied for after 9/17. I submitted my last PCS orders. Citi indicated that, while I meet the SCRA/MLA requirements, they do not waive annual fees.
My Prestige was also opened while on active duty (dec Nov 2019), but I basically email them my latest LES and got approved. Weird was that I received a message via their secure message saying I don't qualify a month later, but they credit my AF.
Below was exactly what's in my email, I hope this help.

E-mail : [email protected]

Attached is my latest Leave and Earning Statement for your review under MLA on my citi prestige account.
Old Dec 3, 21, 7:31 pm

New DP: I received a note today from Capital One that the VentureX does not qualify for a waived annual fee for active military members.
Old Dec 4, 21, 7:32 am

New DP: I received a note today from Capital One that the VentureX does not qualify for a waived annual fee for active military members.
Yes, unfortunately this was updated on militarymoneymanual.com last month. Thanks for confirming.

Search this Thread