Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delete Credit Card History

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Delete Credit Card History

Does anyone have more information or would like to share info on contacting CC companies to get credit history deleted? Please share or PM me. Thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:47 am
Suspended

What possible reason would they have for wanting to do that?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stoughton
What possible reason would they have for wanting to do that?
Umm... to get credit card bonuses multiple times?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by phatjoe
I think the "they" Stoughton was referring to was the credit card companies as in why they would have any interest in deleting your credit card history so you can game their bonuses? My guess is there are probably regulatory and compliance requirements that they have to maintain a history for a certain period of time at least.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Mar 16, 2015 at 9:54 am
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:33 am

Does anyone have more information or would like to share info on contacting CC companies to get credit history deleted? Please share or PM me. Thanks.
Really? would that not be oxymoronic? Please share your thoughts or PM me.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:40 am

this topic and the OP are a joke.

credit history doesnt matter. ppl have been doing precisely what you're saying aka "clearing" via B#, C#, S# methods.

but banks keep their own file on you, most every CS rep has the info on what all accounts you have or had, what the bonus was and what its terms were, how much spend you put on any of their products etc. etc.

even if you were able to "delete" your entire credit history, you wouldnt be approved for most of the good cards anyways. if you kept some history as to get approved for a card you got a bonus for prior, AND that bank doesnt allow multiple bonuses, all you'll end up with is another one of the same card with no bonus given by the banks even after you meet the requirements of the supposed offer you were applying for.

Last edited by HouFly; Mar 16, 2015 at 8:45 am
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:49 am
Suspended

Sigh.. the Credit Card company
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HouFly
this topic and the OP are a joke.

credit history doesnt matter. ppl have been doing precisely what you're saying aka "clearing" via B#, C#, S# methods.

but banks keep their own file on you, most every CS rep has the info on what all accounts you have or had, what the bonus was and what its terms were, how much spend you put on any of their products etc. etc.

even if you were able to "delete" your entire credit history, you wouldnt be approved for most of the good cards anyways. if you kept some history as to get approved for a card you got a bonus for prior, AND that bank doesnt allow multiple bonuses, all you'll end up with is another one of the same card with no bonus given by the banks even after you meet the requirements of the supposed offer you were applying for.
so anyway, for the people that have been doing it, care to share?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Sigh.. the Credit Card company
Sigh...
Old Mar 16, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
I know for a fact that Chase will purge your history of highly inactive cards.

I've had this done with a specific CC of theirs that was purged after 6 months of non-use and was active for 18 months.

I can apply for the CC again because they have no record of it existing, even after I provided the CC number. This was discovered when I lost luggage on an itin that was purchased with said card
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Smart guy, why hasn't anyone else thought of this?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:19 pm

If you just explain to them you want to delete your credit history with them so you can repeatedly get the sign up bonuses for their credit cards I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help. @:-)^
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:27 pm

I think your best bet is to request a new SSN.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Please stay on topic or do NOT reply.

Your Mod Team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.