Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Astoria Bank $250 Checking Account Signup Bonus

Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:35 am
Original Poster

https://www.astoriabank.com/brand/in...ersonalbanking

$250 for opening a Simple+ account and:
-Avg balance of $2,500 for 3 months and
-DD $250 or more once a month for 3 months

Didn't see any obvious info on:
-Residency requirements for opening
-Whether you can open with a CC

(I checked Doctor of Credit's blog for the latter)

Could be an easy $500 for you and an SO, plus free CC miles...
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:57 am

Sweet! I just moved to Astoria. Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: CITI, Barclay, Fidelity Amex, CC
what counts as DD?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:07 am

Tried to open an account from MA, didn't let me. Looks like they might only be in 10 states primarily on the east coast (but not MA).
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by birdhands
what counts as DD?
Good question.
USUALLY PP and AP does, but this is a new bank I can't find much out about.
Virgin territory!
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:18 am

[*] Limit to one offer per customer. Open to new Astoria Bank consumer checking customers only who open a Simple+ or Select account and maintain the required balance for three consecutive months within the first four months of account opening. The direct deposits must be credited and bill payments must be completed during three consecutive months within the first four months of account opening. Cash bonus of $250 will be credited to the account within 30 business days after receipt of the third month's required direct deposits or within 30 business days of the third month's required bill payments. Account must be open when bonus is credited. The bonus is limited to $250 per customer regardless of number of services acquired for account. Cash bonus will be reported as income on IRS Form 1099-INT. Offer expires September 1, 2014. Offer can be revoked by Astoria Bank at any time. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. See branch for additional terms, conditions and restrictions.

[1] Average monthly balance of $2,500 or more in the account or a $10,000 minimum balance in any combination of related Astoria Bank deposit accounts is required.

[2] Minimum balance of $25,000 in any combination of related Astoria Bank deposit accounts is required.

[3] Total direct deposits of $250 or more per month for three consecutive months within the first four months of account opening.

[4] Three bill payments of at least $25 each per month for three consecutive months within the first four months of account opening using Astoria Bank Online Banking.

[5] You will need Internet access on your mobile device to use all the features of the Mobile Web and Mobile App services. Message and data rates may apply from your wireless carrier. Please check with your wireless service provider for details on its fees and charges.

[6] Receive $3 rebate per non-Astoria ATM withdrawal, up to $15 per monthly statement cycle
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:18 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
looks like it's in NY only? I dont see the 10 other states they're in.

the local branches only seem to be in NY.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aarif1
Tried to open an account from MA, didn't let me. Looks like they might only be in 10 states primarily on the east coast (but not MA).
What are the 10 states you're seeing?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Tuppins
What are the 10 states you're seeing?
OK, I might be wrong. I saw the words "10 states" on an "About" page somewhere, but can't find it now. Googling shows the following:

Astoria Bank originates residential mortgage loans through its banking and loan production offices in New York, a broker network in four states, primarily along the East Coast, and correspondent relationships covering 10 states and the District of Columbia and multi-family and commercial real estate loans, primarily on rent-controlled and rent-stabilized apartment buildings, located in New York City and the surrounding metropolitan area.
(From here. I have no idea what "correspondent relationships" means).
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:38 am

So basically a 40% yield. Not too bad.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by JerMah
So basically a 40% yield. Not too bad.
How did you get to 40%?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: Southwest CP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by smoothmunkey
How did you get to 40%?
It's 10% ($250/$2500) for 3 months, thus 40% for the year since yield refers to the annual return.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 3:37 pm

Cool. I live in Astoria, just opened a Chase Checking for the $200, might look at this as well.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, United, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by enwhycee
Sweet! I just moved to Astoria. Thanks!
Will they do hard pull for new application? Can you please confirm? If it is HP then I think its not worth it..
Old Jul 10, 2014, 4:59 pm

Astoria Bank $250 Account Bonus

It's a checking account, only a soft pull.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.