FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1577043-barclays-arrival-plus-now-70k-w-5k-spend.html)

Barclay123 May 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend

Barclaycard Arrival is changing, the no fee version will remain the same however the annual fee version will be known as Barclaycard Arrival + MasterCard. Some big changes includes additional categories like theme parks, museums, tourist attractions, taxis, limos, buses, ferries and more for redemptions. The 90 day limit will extend to 120. The card will have a brand new design in blue featuring EMV chip. All existing fee accounts will be issued new plastics as of May 28th featuring chip and new card design. All existing no fee accounts will be issued a new plastic with chip upon card expiration or card replacement request made on or after 5/28. You can apply for the new card as of 5/14-5/16, the date may change. ;)

maddie5218 May 13, 2014 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Barclay123 (Post 22860983)
Barclaycard Arrival is changing, the no fee version will remain the same however the annual fee version will be known as Barclaycard Arrival + MasterCard. Some big changes includes additional categories like theme parks, museums, tourist attractions, taxis, limos, buses, ferries and more for redemptions. The 90 day limit will extend to 120. The card will have a brand new design in blue featuring EMV chip. All existing fee accounts will be issued new plastics as of May 28th featuring chip and new card design. All existing no fee accounts will be issued a new plastic with chip upon card expiration or card replacement request made on or after 5/28. You can apply for the new card as of 5/14-5/16, the date may change. ;)

This is great! Source? I just was approved yesterday, I wonder if my card will come like this or it'll just send a new one then.

Barclay123 May 14, 2014 1:32 am

Originally Posted by maddie5218 (Post 22861068)
This is great! Source? I just was approved yesterday, I wonder if my card will come like this or it'll just send a new one then.

It's not clear whether you will be part of the new acquisitions or existing card campaign. You may get the new card since so close to launch but if not, then after 5/28 you will be reissued a new plastic. Source? Nothing I can link to.

Nick92 May 14, 2014 4:07 am

I see the new card is live and a new design :o New chip too!

LoneTree May 14, 2014 5:33 am

Can you tell us if this is a true Chip and PIN card? (Default/Priority Chip and PIN, not just fallback if Chip and Signature fails.)

Many of us are hoping for a card from a major issuer that defaults to Chip and PIN in the USA. It seems none do that yet. (Maybe Chase soon?)

ashap May 14, 2014 5:47 am

Barclaycard Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% back)

Just logged into my account and saw the changed card! I knew if I came on here someone would know what happened :)

Changes sound good!

ashap May 14, 2014 5:52 am

Barclaycard Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% back)

I'm also seeing that the amount of time I have left to redeem older purchases on this card has increased.

My 3.19 purchase now shows a 120 day redemption time instead of 90 days.

I know this change was for the new purchases, but I didn't think our old purchases would be elevated to the new redemption schedule!

ccohen322 May 14, 2014 6:07 am

Ohhh, I'm traveling abroad soon and want that EMV!
Hope I can get the new card by early June...

aimorris May 14, 2014 6:15 am

Any chance of a new bonus to go along with the new version of the card? I'd love to get this card but I can't hit multiple 3k requirements in one round of applications.

Barclay123 May 14, 2014 6:18 am

Some additional notes...the card is depicted as World Elite but we were told only select accounts would be upgraded based on spend, so this is strange they are offering it for applications. The conversions were suppose to take place on 5/28, letters went out on Monday and an email will be sent on 5/20 to notify customers of the upcoming changes. So it is also strange they updated the online so soon before anyone got notice. This will just burden support channels with card replacement requests for people wanting the chip now and calls asking about the changes. So obviously Barclays is lousy with communication and the various teams don't communicate with each other because this rollout is happening very early and completely out or the specified and trained order. Another botched roll out just like Hawaiian Airlines :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by LoneTree (Post 22861951)
Can you tell us if this is a true Chip and PIN card? (Default/Priority Chip and PIN, not just fallback if Chip and Signature fails.)

Many of us are hoping for a card from a major issuer that defaults to Chip and PIN in the USA. It seems none do that yet. (Maybe Chase soon?)

It's Chip & Signature with PIN, just like Hawaiian Airlines.

Originally Posted by ccohen322 (Post 22862068)
Ohhh, I'm traveling abroad soon and want that EMV!
Hope I can get the new card by early June...

Mail date set for 5/28 and 7-10 business days after for receipt.

dukerau May 14, 2014 6:43 am

This is awesome. Online my card appears as the Plus version now, and after I read your synopsis, I checked my reward redemption options and I can now indeed redeem for taxi, Uber, and tourist attractions (Empire State Building to be specific), none of which were redeemable yesterday.

st7n May 14, 2014 7:02 am

Really excited about the new card. Hate that I'll actually be out of the country for the 5/28 issuing, but looking forward to picking it up when I get back. My favorite card just got even better!

cdancer20 May 14, 2014 7:16 am

Oh now they want to add theme parks?? (After I spent $600 at Disney earlier this year. LOL). It's still cool though and nice changes.

Just logged into my Barclay acct and they have already changed the Arrival image on my acct page. It's pretty. Hehe.

exarkun May 14, 2014 7:47 am

Originally Posted by ashap (Post 22861994)
Just logged into my account and saw the changed card! I knew if I came on here someone would know what happened :)

Changes sound good!

Same here.

luggagebin May 14, 2014 8:00 am

While awesome, I would of appreciated a heads up from the Barclays team, just for the sake of communication. Per usual, I get more info on FT than the actual institution :)

Still, very excited for the new features. Taxi/uber/limo and tourist attractions will be a big plus. Really hope I can redeem for my commuter train/transit costs -- that would be huge. Like if your employer reimburses transit already, then double reimbursement? :D