Apply credit card for retirement person?

Old May 1, 2014, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
Apply credit card for retirement person?

My mom is retired. Can I apply a credit card for her? and can I use my income on her credit card application? my mom also receives SSI benefit. Is it ok if she applies a credit card?
Old May 1, 2014, 11:59 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by happy9zz
...can I use my income on her credit card application?
No. It's normal for retired person to apply for and use credit cards, but she needs to apply based on her own income, including Social Security.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
My mom is retired. She doesn't work. So I put 0$ for income on her application. Am I right?
Old May 1, 2014, 12:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... put 0$ for income
I would list the amount of her SSI benefit.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
My mom is retired. She doesn't work. So I put 0$ for income on her application. Am I right?
Surely she has some kind of income? Some sort of pension, savings interest or benefits? If she doesn't have any of these should put 0$ but no one is going to give her a credit card with no income.
Old May 2, 2014, 6:31 am

My mom is retired. Can I apply a credit card for her? and can I use my income on her credit card application? my mom also receives SSI benefit. Is it ok if she applies a credit card?
My mom just started in the hobby a few months ago so she could join us on a European trip.

She used her SSI and other investment income as the income and has no issues getting a several cards.

She's has enough points now to fly F one way and J back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.