Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:14 pm

- according to phone rep, 2 cards discontinued: No-AF Propel & Propel 365
- was still able to apply today on the phone for Propel World @ 8pm EST. Somewhat surprisingly, was instantly approved.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Cell phone protection experiences?

Has anyone gotten pushback from Wells Fargo on repairing just a broken screen? (Rest of phone is working fine.)

My Galaxy S7 edge screen replacement will cost close to $300. Since the crack is only noticeable if I pay attention to it, I'd rather just use the reimbursement money towards a new phone. Must you repair the phone in order to get the reimbursement?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:16 pm

Is the bonus still available this month?
Old May 14, 2018, 8:08 am

Data point on travel credit: I purchased a $100 Southwest e-gift card. It was reimbursed a few days later.
Old May 14, 2018, 12:09 pm
jk2

How long does it take for bonus to post? I met requirements in the first month, but no bonus points yet. However, on the rewards portal it does say that bonus is earned.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:16 am

For those MS'ing the sign up bonus, have you had any issues with buying SMGCs? Amex cracked down on SMGCs on their own cards, but I'm curious to see if an Amex card issued by WF has encountered similar issues...
Old May 25, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott - Titanium, AA - Lifetime Gold
Got the WF Cash Wise for free cell phone insurance.
Credit pull was Experian - California
Old May 25, 2018, 2:32 pm

Bonus Timeline DP:

Approved for WF Propel World CC 2/9/18
WF Rewards Portal showed my Spending Deadline as 5/23/18
Hit Min. Spending threshold (99% grocery store VGC) in early April
40k points posted 5/23/18
Old May 30, 2018, 7:38 pm

Buying which GC on MPX App works to get the Airline Fee Credit on Propel card.
I have been reading various forums for days but can't find a recent data point (after Amazon was pulled)
Thanks
Old May 31, 2018, 8:49 pm

Just buy a $5 card you know you will use? I can't even purchase, the green button never loads so I am stuck or I would try.
ShakuniMama likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA
Originally Posted by ShakuniMama
Buying which GC on MPX App works to get the Airline Fee Credit on Propel card.
I have been reading various forums for days but can't find a recent data point (after Amazon was pulled)
Thanks
You find an answer on this?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:55 pm

It looks like any GC will work, I purchased from several retailers including Best Buy.

Any word on what's happening to Propel World? So the new no-fee Propel is 3x travel, dining, gas and streaming but the $175 Propel World is 3x airline and 2x hotel? lol
ShakuniMama likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Nick92
It looks like any GC will work, I purchased from several retailers including Best Buy.

Any word on what's happening to Propel World? So the new no-fee Propel is 3x travel, dining, gas and streaming but the $175 Propel World is 3x airline and 2x hotel? lol
Curious about this as well. Is this the right thread for the revamped WF Propel Amex card?
30k signup bonus with $0 AF
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:22 am

Approved via phone on 8/22. Not instant, had to wait on ID department to verify me after a few hours. $3500 CL, and I'm 11/24, with 4 new personal approvals prior to this one in last 45 days. In Georgia and they pulled TU and Exp.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I got a solicitation for the "new" Wells Fargo Propel card in the mail. The signup offer is 30k points for $3k spend in 3 months. While the $300 cash redemption value of 30k points is interesting, what's really making me take a long look at this card are the 3x bonus categories. Travel (air, hotel, rental car, etc.), Gas, and Dining are the majority of my organic spend. It looks like this is essentially a 3% cashback card, at least on these categories, with no AF. Am I missing anything? What experience do others have with this card?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.