Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:53 am

Just wanted to quickly echo the ridiculously long wait for the bonus:

- 12/31 opened
- 1/5, met $3k minimum spend
- told that bonus will not post until at least 5/1.

Four full months. Absurd. Told by Wells Fargo there is no way to expedite it, none.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, *Gold on UA, FlyingBlue Gold (matched), SPG Plat
Is this card churnable (since it is WF) or does it fall under the Amex rules for 1 bonus (lifetime) per card?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by GunneRy
Just wanted to quickly echo the ridiculously long wait for the bonus:

- 12/31 opened
- 1/5, met $3k minimum spend
- told that bonus will not post until at least 5/1.

Four full months. Absurd. Told by Wells Fargo there is no way to expedite it, none.
A little reading here before applying and you would have known exactly what to expect. Personally, it was not a big deal...I didn't need the $400 quickly and wouldn't think that most people in this game would be that distraught over waiting a few months for $400
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by IncaFlyer
Is this card churnable (since it is WF) or does it fall under the Amex rules for 1 bonus (lifetime) per card?
Gosh, I wish there was a place that basic simple questions had already been answered...of yeah it is right at the top of the page and called a wiki@:-)
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I was able to get credit for an AA award charge booked via phone. The Service Description says "Manually Entered".

I have edited the wiki to list example of charges that have been reimbursed and those that have not.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
Do I need to have a Wells Fargo checking to get the Propel CC approved?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by westlaker
Do I need to have a Wells Fargo checking to get the Propel CC approved?
No
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:37 pm

Any data points on converting a Propel World or 365 to the new no fee Propel (non world or 365) card?

https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/propel/
Old Jan 24, 2016, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by travelfreaks
Gosh, I wish there was a place that basic simple questions had already been answered...of yeah it is right at the top of the page and called a wiki@:-)
It is in the wiki but I don't believe there is a single data point in this thread of someone receiving the bonus and then attempting to churn the bonus after cancelling. Not sure where the wiki data came from.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by planetmans
Any data points on converting a Propel World or 365 to the new no fee Propel (non world or 365) card?

https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/propel/
I converted and retained the relationship bonus without a new inquiry on my bureau as stated by the CSR.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 10:16 pm

is the $100 per year travel credit, per calendar year or per 365 days?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by nkp46
is the $100 per year travel credit, per calendar year or per 365 days?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:35 am

I'm not finding any redemptions better than $.01 per point. Is it just me? I see people talking about $.015pp redemptions.

Found the answer here:

Originally Posted by dw
It would appear that the increased value for airfare redemption (in conjunction w the $24 booking fee) is for rewards accounts tied to certain other WF card products, so if you just have the Amex, it's going to be limited to 1 cent per point redemption value.

Last edited by The_Wrath_of_Khan; Feb 7, 2016 at 9:23 am
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:43 pm

I did a search on this tread and could find any data points on the 100 reimbursement from mileageplusx app. I found this on reddit but wanted to know if anyone else has had success.

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...eimbursements/
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:33 am

Update: Just wanted to confirm that MileagePlusX purchases are credit as airline incidental and is credited back to your account

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.