Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:23 am

both propel cards?

Does anyone have both propel cards, active?Got propel world late last year, now planning to apply for 360 before the AF hits. If I cancel the card, do I lose the points, like with Amex gold/plat and MR?

Thank you!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: Far too many
You might be surprised by having a banking relationship with WF that you didn't know about--I was.

Thinking I would have to apply in branch because I did not have one, I did that. One of the CSR's first questions was whether I had any WF accounts. I said I did not.

She checked my social security number and found:

A long-ago refinanced WF mortgage
Me listed as an officer with check-signing authority on the long-closed checking account of a nonprofit.
Me as the executor of the estate of a deceased former WF client.

This streamlined the application process, since much of the form she used prepopulated with my info.

She e-mailed me later in the day with the account approval.

The moral of the story: you might have a banking relationship with WF you do not know about. Their system has a long memory.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:14 am

I've seen people post that they are able to get some of those great "AmexSync Offers" through this card. Any idea how? Seems the card can't be added to my Amex login,since its a Wells Fargo card.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by butterball
I've seen people post that they are able to get some of those great "AmexSync Offers" through this card. Any idea how? Seems the card can't be added to my Amex login,since its a Wells Fargo card.
Enrollment through Twitter and Facebook.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:39 pm

deleted

Last edited by MaxVO; Feb 16, 2015 at 8:50 pm
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:31 am
TNL

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta Amex Plat, Southwest Visa
I applied on Saturday, February 14 and got a message that my application was Pending.

I have a banking relationship with Wells Fargo back to 2002. I have a PMA account which includes a safe deposit box and my rollover IRA with a six figure balance. 727 three bureau credit score which is low for me because I have two car payments on my credit right now.

I also have a short sale on my credit from a Las Vegas investment property that I owned with my ex-spouse in 2012. I was the secondary person on that loan.

I called in just now and the rep told me that my application was approved for a $6K limit and the card is in the mail now. I should receive it in 7-10 days. I asked why it was put in pending and not auto approved, as the last few applications that I have put in have been auto approved. He said it was because they had a backlog over the weekend.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:50 pm

Programs: Food Lion MVP
Thread wiki says (1) wf cc signup pp lifetime

Has anyone tried to churn the Wells Fargo Propel World card? If so, please post your results. Trying to justify the pull for 20k.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
rewards redemption

How do you redeem the points for cashback? I'm having trouble figuring it out from their website.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: Far too many
Originally Posted by amartin1979
How do you redeem the points for cashback? I'm having trouble figuring it out from their website.
Go to Account Activity.
Click Wells Fargo Rewards Link.
Rewards tab.
Redeem to your account.
Choose amount and delivery method.
Add to cart.
Check out.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
Is it worth using points for travel where I can get better than $0.01 per point or should I just use the points for statement credit?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by ninjaFred
Diabolical, I like it. Since the credit posts in a day or 2 if you buy a AA or SW gift card for exactly $100 (my 2 data points), I bet this would work.
My plan is the same. Wait for AF to post, charge $100 SW gc, wait for it to post and get credit, then cancel and get AF refunded. WF is too much of PITA to bother with and the card isn't worth keeping unless there's some sort of decent retention offer over and above the $100 airline credit.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:57 pm

hi everyone
i had read at some point on saverocity that this card was giving around 1.7 c per point for flights. is that still happening by any chance for anyone? if so, do you need another card to make that happen?

also, from the wiki, it seems it is possible sometimes to get approved for this card even if you dont have a relationship with WF? i dont really want to open a checking account, but several other places people have said its required...

thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:15 pm

I applied for the Propel World in-branch and don't bank with Wells Fargo. I made it very clear I didn't want to open any Wells Fargo accounts.

I still got the card!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:17 am

Does anyone know when the "Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 in net purchases in the first 3 months" offer expires?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:33 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by pinkie621
Does anyone know when the "Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 in net purchases in the first 3 months" offer expires?
That's been the public offer since the card was released almost a year ago; I do not believe there is any known "expiration" date right now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.